Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 8.5 B(M) US|Color: Grey/Black/Vizi Pro Pink|Change
Price:$59.46 - $100.00

on January 26, 2013
OK...I need stability (I am an overpronater) and need comfort (plantar fasciitis) and "give" at the joint of the great toe. (bunyon.)
This shoe has it all! As a sub. teacher, I'm on my feet all day, and this shoe felt good all day. It's light-weight, too. It's just a great shoe!
55 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2012
My wife bought a pair of Saucony Pro Grid Guide 5's for her marathon last spring. She loved them, and they held up to her training.

After one marathon and around 700 miles, she needed a new pair. When she went back to the shoe store, she couldn't find anything that compared in comfort, so she bought another pair of the same shoes, which she's now training for another marathon in.

It's true that the heel in this shoe is a little lower; this is to encourage a mid-foot strike, which should reduce injury over time.

The comfort, durability, and price of this shoe make it an excellent choice.
on August 5, 2013
I've run in Sauconies for years, I am a serious runner and know my shoes. So I bought a pair for my wife who is also serious. There was something wrong with these straight out of the box. My first reaction was these were cheap knock-offs. My wife put them on and they were stiff, narrow, uncomfortable. Right size, but totally wrong. The components look noticeably cheaper than my ProGrids (mens about one year old, I always order two pairs and save a pair). Beware, these are either knock-offs or Saucony quality has just taken a nose-dive.
on April 23, 2012
Recommended by my daughter's foot doctor to go with her custom made orthotics. Amazing price! Shoes make her feet feel so good she now loves to run and take long walks! Highly recommend these shoes and will buy many more pairs!!!
on December 7, 2012
Since last November, I have purchased four pairs of Saucony running shoes. I wear them when I walk my dog (twice a day) and found each pair to be very comfortable right out of the box. When I saw these as a lightning deal, I was delighted and put them in my cart immediately but fortunately, decided to read the reviews before I completed the order. So after reading the comments about these shoes running narrower, I deleted the 8M shoes I had put in my cart and went with a 8C/D size.

These shoes just barely fit - I wear my thinnest performance socks and loosened the laces as much as I can and, unlike my other Saucony shoes, I feel pressure on the side of my right foot. And it's not just the width - with my other Sauconys, the length is just right while with these, the big toes of both feet feel squished at the top and side of each shoe -

They are OK for a 45 minute walk with my dog but I am conscious of wearing them and relieved when we get home so I can take them off -
on December 27, 2012
Man, I love these shoes. I don't know what it is specifically but the color combination is awesome. It may sound weird but seeing these shoes makes me want to use them and workout!

My mom bought this for me for my birthday. I have been working out for awhile, I am trying to lose weight so I have been running, walking, HIIT, yoga, zumba, and just everyday life. Mainly I go to the gym 2-3 times a week to do some cardio, walking/light running and then once a week I do a zumba class which is a BLAST! (highly recommend) I have also been taking the supplement Raspberry Ketone after hearing about it on Dr. Oz. My goal was to lose 15 pounds and I am making progress towards hitting that goal. I am very happy to finally be seeing progress after struggling with my weight for years.

These shoes have seen a variety of different types of workouts and they are always so comfortable. I have had them for about a year now and they are still holding up great. A lot of people have worn them for heavy heavy running and they hold up so I expect to wear these for a long time.

I work on my feet a lot and used to hate the feeling of having sore feet and then having to go to the gym. My feet have never been sore wearing these shoes, no more excuses!

I highly recommend these shoes for all women, best pair of shoes I have ever had.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2012
I keep coming back to these shoes over and over. They provide the best support for my flat feet and bad knees. And I put them through the ringer. They have stayed strong through boot camp, long runs, and all sorts of fun activity. Right around the 6 month mark I can always tell I need a new pair, so I come back to amazon and get another!
on November 16, 2012
I wear an 8 1/2-9 med. I ordered the 9. Great fit! I have another pair of Sauconys & really like the comfort.
on July 27, 2013
These are just not as good as my old Sauconys. I have been running only in Saucony shoes for over 10 years. I ran a half and a full marathon in the Guide 2 and they were awesome right out of the box - they were wide enough and comfortable, with great stability, yet the sole was incredible flexible.
I needed new running shoes, so I bought these on Amazon, thinking they would be the same as ever. But it is not so - the Guide 5 is stiff and narrow. I decided to keep them and give them a try, and I will say that after running and walking a few miles (maybe 50 miles) they fit OK with my thin running socks. But the sole doesn't feel like it will ever be as flexible as the Guide 2. I've never had to break in a pair of Saucony shoes before.
Since I just hate shoe shopping, I thought I'd order a second pair from Amazon. The first pair I got was the red and gold color, and it's nice. The second pair arrived today and it's the purple & green combo and I think they are just about the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. So ugly I can't even wear them as dog park shoes! Did I mention they're ugly? Since they cost me $80 I am returning them and going to a running shoe store to shop for a different brand, since Saucony seems to have let me down.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Update: today I took the Guide 5 to a running shoe store, and the shoe guy there said the shoe felt like a knock-off, or maybe a demo or a second. Lesson learned - don't buy running shoes on Amazon, it's not worth it! I was fitted in a nice pair of new Brooks and I can't wait to go for a run! I did try the Guide 6 and thought they were stiff and narrow, too.
on February 16, 2012
When I put them on, they felt comfortable and looked great! But I ran 5 miles and never had so much strain on my calf and achilles tendon. So for me, they didn't work! I read later from other reviews that they are slightly lower in the heel, and do not allow for as much movement.

See 1 answered question