Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 30, 2012
My trail runs are usually 1-3 hours, on very rough terrain. Often I run alone, and have been concerned about turning an ankle in a remote area. The ankle support is very comfortable. These shoes are also very light but durable.
on November 4, 2012
Great shoe, I love the support and cushion. The shoe is light and not stiff. The size seems just a bit smaller than an Asics running shoe in the ball/foot area (narrower) & in the length(shorter). I have wide short feet. It still fits comfortably in both directions. I wanted a shoe that would help with my ankle pain and this one works. It does not bind the back of the ankle, but offers a flexible support in the cutout area. I have broken my ankle & heel area so its makes it painful to run as I get older. This shoe has really helped. I have used New Balance and Asics shoes in the past and have noticed a bit of size difference compared to the Saucony. The Asics 7-1/2 shoe was too small for me (short & width) so I wore the 8. It was just a tad long but the right width. This Saucony trail shoe falls in between the two sizes.
on February 10, 2013
I purchased these shoes for hiking, backpacking, and some trail running.

I wanted something breathable (my feet sweat a lot), comfortable, some ankle protection, and wet/muddy traction. That's exactly what I got.

The mesh breathes excellently. It's not as good as a traditional athletic shoe, but for a hiking shoe it is great. One of the issues with using athletic shoes is that they get torn and stuff works its way into the shoe, necessitating removal or causing blisters. That is not a problem in this case. I hiked with them in Calaveras and at the end of the day my buddy and I were covered in a very fine dust from the trail (it looked like we had tans). When I took off my shoes my feet were pristine. I've also ran in some mud and the moisture did not work its way in as much as I thought it would. Will this keep you dry when it rains, no. I does dry off quickly and the mesh helps keep blisters down.

Another plus is that it has some impact resistant outsoles to protect from rock. It also has a plate in the midsole which helps a lot. I thought there was a full plate when I first purchased it, but I believe that it only extends through the midsole. This is probably better as it helps it grip better during runs.

I have pretty narrow feet, so most hiking shoes don't fit. These do (ran true to size for me) and are exceptionally comfortable. I'm impressed enough by them to do some light backpacking (that's how well I think they'll hold up), although I don't feel they would do well on a serious back country excursion, they fit my needs for day hiking and 2-3 day camping trips.
on July 30, 2013
I found this shoe to run 1/2 size small - I wear mostly New Balance or Adidas otherwise. I'm very sensitive to toe box size and once I moved up 1/2 size I found the toe box to be nice and roomy.

Since breaking an ankle a couple years ago, I have developed early stage Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD). One prescription for PTTD is to wear high tops or boots. There are only a few viable high top running shoes on the market and this one has been my choice.

My use is mostly trail running, but I've found this shoe to work fine on the road as well. I also use these shoes on turf fields as my main referee shoe (soccer referee). With it's agressive tread, the shoe has worked well even in wet conditions on turf. It's also very comfortable and I can ref 3 games in a day without any blister or comfort issues.

Sadly, I think Saucony has discontinued this shoe - my size is no longer on Amazon and other sites have very limited supply.
on January 5, 2014
I have no clue why the left shoe has no problems and the right does after a few hours. I've changed sock and still the same issue. I have no problems with either of the 4 pairs of Saucony shoes I own. And this is disappointing. I am only glad that I didn't buy 2 pairs of these, as I had planned. In fact, I have been debating giving them to GoodWill - that is how much the right shoe toe rubbing is aggravating and painful. I'm still debating it - and now it is Salvation Army. Again, the rubbing does not start that way. My feet are not slipping inside the shoe. So, I cannot explain it and will be careful about the next similar style I buy.
on July 9, 2013
These are solid shoes, very comfortable as previous reviewers have correctly identified. The support is good. I would rate these as an excellent off road shoe for mountainous trails etc. They are not as supportive as the Columbia mids, which are the best in their class for trail running, but the tread is likely to last longer. The problem with the Columbia (mid/high top) product is that the soles wear out extremely fast. Thus, they got expensive. But if you need EXTREME ankle protection, go with Columbia. If you want simply comfort and adequate ankle protection, go with Saucony. They run about 1/2 size small, but not as small as other reviewers have claimed.
on December 2, 2013
Excellent fit, nice ankle support - overall best running shoes I've worn for trails at least. My only gripe - the tongue is attached on the sides, so difficult to tuck the laces in so they don't come untied.
on April 22, 2014
This shoe is a great combination of a running shoe and day hiker. It is lightweight, has a very stable outsole, good traction, and plenty of cushion. A waterproof version would make this even better.
on July 10, 2013
For a trail runner that is constantly turning my ankle, this shoe has really got me back into trail running. It is comfortable, light, and decent ankle support. I have not had an injury since switching to these shoes which was the main reason for the purchase.
on October 10, 2012
These are the hi-top version of the Pegasus, from what I understand. I've been running for about 4 years not and these are the best shoes I've tried yet. No hot spots, sheds water pretty well (maybe makes them a little hot also), very light considering, great on road and off road. I've done a couple 7 milers in them and my feet feel better than in another shoe when I'm done. I wish the upper two eyelets were hooks but that's not too big of a deal. The laces are stout, stay tied and have tongue padding underneath them to reduce bite, which I particularly appreciate. Even with the rock plate, they have great ground feel. Love these shoes! Me: Size 12 regular, supinator, very high instep, mid to forefoot striker, 6'0" ~195 Lbs.