Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Size: 8 B(M) USColor: Vizipro Pink/Blue/YellowChange
Price:$49.90 - $119.99

on August 30, 2012
After a long search for the perfect running shoe, I came across the Ride FOUR! And wore them religiously (I am a half marathon runner, but I usually run about 20 miles a week)

Once it came time to get a new pair, I was sad to discover that it was discontinued. And replaces with the Ride 5. Upon reading the reviews of the Ride 5, the main complaint is the narrower Toe box (one of my favorite aspects of the Ride 4.

But after trying a couple different shoes, I decided to give the Ride 5 a try. The Wide size was too wide, so I went with the average width.

While it IS a narrower toe box, I think I can live with it. The shoes are super comphy, but my toes do burn after longer runs. I will keep this updated after my next half marathon in October (first with this pair)

But if the Saucony gods are out there listening. IF you want a perfect shoe, keep the 8mm heel drop and bring back the wider toe box.
22 comments32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2013
When I tried on the Progrid Ride 4, I thought that I had found the glass slipper of running shoes. My foot is wider in the toe box and narrow at the ankle, and the Ride 4 fit my foot like a glove. I even purchased a narrow version of the shoe. Today I tried on the Progrid 6 and was shocked by the fit. The medium width shoe is too tight in the toe box and too wide near the ankle. I don't know how Saucony made such a drastic change to their shoe. The shoe that fit me like a glove now fits like a hand-me-down from someone who with a completely different foot shape. I don't understand how anyone who could wear versions 2-4 could be happy with 5 & 6. Perhaps it is a good shoe for someone else, but it isn't a good shoe for people who loved the 4. I'm sure that every new version gets flack, but this kind of drastic change is sure to devastate those who counted on the previous versions. I understand making improvements to a shoes, but to drastically alter the shape of the shoe to where it doesn't fit the same foot as the previous version doesn't make sense to me. I can't possibly purchase the new version of this shoe. The owner of the running store said, "Don't ever fall in love with a running shoe, cause they will change it and you will never find it again." Wish I had stocked up on the 4 while I could still find them...
on October 6, 2012
I bought these sneakers because I loved my previous progrid rides. These were much different. Very tight toe box. I was very bummed because I loved the colors, but just couldn't keep them. My old Rides were so comfy and had lots of toe box room.
on August 27, 2012
Bought these for my wife as a birthday gift to replace another pair of Saucony shoes. She is an avid runner and goes through a pair of running shoes every few months. I have purchased several brands of shoes and none have had the positive response that these have. After her first run in the new shoes I simply asked her, "How were the shoes?" she said "I love them." Thats a win in my book. Now she keeps running further and further every day and I have to stay home alone with 2 babies longer and longer every day. On second thought, Maybe I should have bought her cheap shoes!
0Comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2013
These shoes are very comfy, bu I have always worn a 9.5 in Saucony shoes, and these actually felt a little small. Te width is fine, but they are shorter in length than my other Sauconys. Maybe order a half size up if you are not sure on sizing.
on October 31, 2012
This is my second pair of Ride 5s! I run around 20+ miles per week and these shoes keep my feet and legs feeling great, like running on a cloud! Great for those with neutral pronation that want some extra stability.
on January 14, 2013
These shoes are very lightweight and fit my high arches well. I suggest ordering up 1/2 size, maybe 1 whole size as I did especially if you wear the larger sizes...I wear a size 11med and got a 12med. Other running shoe websites make this suggestion as well for these shoes so I'm glad that I ordered larger. Also, if a larger toebox is what you like then ordering a slightly larger size can help with this as well. The colors are much more vivid and bright in person than the pictures show (I got the vizipro/citron/blue) and look great. I'm 6 feet tall and 200 pounds with very high arches. This shoe has been so comfortable that I found myself wearing them around long after my exercising was over. I have been doing treadmill fastwalk (4.0-4.2 mph) or light jogs during this winter and hope to improve to longer runs as I continue to lose weight. Great cushioning, vivid colors, and I love the lower heel drop. Great shoe if this is the lightweight neutral fit you're looking for.
on September 2, 2013
I have worn Saucony for more than 10 years. I had a pair of Ride 3's and 4's which were great. When it was time for a new pair I went with the Ride 5. I've only had them for a month, but I felt a difference in my run that was not for the better. My heels and achilles started feeling tighter while I was running. So after a month, I'm already looking for a new pair.

After doing a little reading I discovered that Saucony decreased the heel to toe rise in the Ride 5 by a third from the Ride 4. By shortening the angle from my heel to toe it is placing more strain on my achilles. If I never had the Ride 4, maybe this would not be a problem, but as someone who has been in the same model for over a year, to suddenly move into a shoe with a different heel rise, it is causing potential injury.

Like I said, I have worn Saucony for more than a decade, and will continue to do so, but I do not like the change in this model and will be searching out another pair.
on December 12, 2012
after a foot injury, i needed a sneaker made for a high arch, and correcting me from turning out. this shoe is helpful, comfortable, and fashionable.
on April 28, 2013
L O V E D my Ride 4's...so Ride 5 should be that much better right?? WRONG! Completely different shoe. Toe box totally changed, and arch support changed. Not nearly as flexible sole.
Sad really....Ride 4 was a great shoe. Not sure why they called this shoe "Ride" it's not even close to the previous version.