5.0 out of 5 stars Great cushion for supinators
My feet supinate (roll out) when running, causing plantar fasciitis and shin splints from time to time. In doing research, Saucony Cohesion 6 running shoes were one type recommended for supinators...and so far, so good!
Published 17 months ago by June B Schafer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Same as Cohesion 5!
Published 16 months ago by Dinezel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cushion for supinators, April 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, good price!, December 23, 2013
Recently I came to terms with the fact that I was running in bad shoes and needed to change brand, style, and outlook about buying shoes. I'm an avid runner and I average about 2 half marathons races a month and training runs during the week. I am competitive within my age group (25-29 Female), but by no means am I an elite runner or anything like that. I run for fitness, fun, and cool medals. For the last 5 years I ran in Nikes. I wore Nikes as a kid and I used to use the Nike+ Chip in my shoe with my iPhone. None of my runner friends could believe I was running in Nike shoes! In 2012, after some back-to-back distance runs I started getting pain in my right knee. I started wearing a McDavid knee band, but I then started changing my stride to avoid the knee pain and eventually starting getting bad pain in my arch (maybe a version of plantar or some such). The pain wouldn't get to me during a run, but my recovery time after a distance run started to get much longer (from 1-2 days to a week) because my knee and foot were in pain. My running buddies recommended that I switch to Sauconys. I am cheap and I was looking for a deal. I don't typically buy top-of-the-line stuff for the sake of buying top-of-the-line stuff. My stride is neutral so I don't need anything fancy anyway. The styles of shoes my friends had (Guide and Kinvara) were on the pricey side, but the Cohesion 6 were about $30 cheaper. I was really pleased to read in reviews that the toe box was roomy because I'm already missing some toenails. I was also happy to read that other reviewers thought they felt stable and light. So I bought the shoes. When they arrived I went on a short training run and then wore them around for 2 days (to work and such) just to get used to them. The next weekend I ran a 10 mile race and I felt great! My knee and foot did not hurt at all the next day. In my Nikes after a long run, I would feel sore in my quads. In the Sauconys, I feel sore (the good kind of sore) in my calves which leads me to think I am landing/pushing off more with my toes. I took one rest day and went back at some short runs for the rest of the week. I just completed my 1st half marathon in these shoes and I don't feel any pain. I would recommend these to someone who doesn't need any fancy support and is looking for something softer on the knees. Happy running!

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot pillows, April 12, 2013
Love these. Was searching for the Grid Cohesion 5s that I usually buy every 2 months (replace your shoes after 300 miles!) ... and found these upgrades. Per my podiatrist, the shoe is structurally identical to the Grid Cohesion 5, as explained by Saucony; they just dropped the "Grid" and updated the colors, hence the "6". I train for half and full marathon trail races in these with a bulging L5 and high arched feet -- no complaints. My feet are well cushioned ... and I haven't had shin splints since my podiatrist turned me on to them 3 years ago. Just wish they lasted a smidge longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Same as Cohesion 5!, May 26, 2013
The Cohesion 6 is missing the bouncy cushion in the heel that the Cohesion 5 had. If you remove the removable sole, the Cohesion 5 has a round raised pad with wedges and the sole is 2 pieces glued together. The Cohesion 6 is one piece of seemingly different material which is no where near as cushiony as the Cohesion 5, leaving the shoe feeling less supportive, less comfortable and less cushiony. Looking at the Saucony website, the weight of the 6 is 1.3 oz. less than the 5, so something is different in the new shoe, maybe a thinner insole.

I wish Saucony would not REMOVE cushion and comfort from the shoes. Saving manufacturing costs??

Please: go to the Saucony website and post your reviews there as well. The company will read them and maybe bring back the cushiony 5's insoles.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more cushion, August 15, 2013
I'm a huge fan of Saucony and will continue with their running shoes; however, not these. Needs A LOT more cushion! Runners take a beating so I'm not sure why every Saucony shoe doesn't have a lot of cushion, especially in the forefoot area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a huge difference!, April 22, 2013
Not only are these shoes stylish, but they are the reason that I can run today :-)! My attitude towards running has always been "If I'm running, you had better run too because there's a bear chasing me!" Because I'm heavy and running hurts everywhere! Well, now I have lost 30 lbs and actually want to run to step up my game. Pardon the pun.
I have not been successful until now in finding a running shoe that relieves my shin splints, ankle and knee pain all at once! They fit perfectly and are nice and airy and light. I loved them the way they were the moment I first wore them, but when I paired them with brand new sport socks, I was tickled pink. An even greater improvement was replacing the soles with my doctor prescribed orthotics. I now can see a lot of jogging/running in my future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comfort on First Walk, April 2, 2014
These feel great. I read a review on Amazon about using these because the buyer is prone to plantar fasitis and has a wide foot front and narrow heel. That exactly describes me. I walk many miles each day with dogs, one who is a persistent puller to the left, so I also wanted a shoe with good stability. This shoe also seems to help counter that extra stress on my foot and leg.
Will update after longer use.
Update. I've been wearing these shoes a lot while walking hills with dogs and still am very happy with them. I also spent the day in these shoes touring a museum. I noticed many amazing paintings, sculpture,
and ceramics. Here's what I did not notice: my feet. So five stars stays.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saucony women's Cohesion 5 running shoe (silver/blue/citron), July 20, 2013
I used to only wear Nike running shoes but the sizing problem with their shoes became so ridiculous that I decided to try another brand. After reading the reviews on Saucony running shoes, I decided to give them a try. The first pair I got was so comfortable that I quickly ordered a second pair.

I did notice that these running shoes don't last very long. I use these shoes when I walk my dog and if they become soaked from rain, the insides seem to break down very quickly and my feet get very sore. This pair has held up well although that may be more due to not having heavy rains recently.

These are fun shoes to wear as they are so colorful and I always get comments from people about how different they are!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried others and come back to Saucony, September 15, 2013
I started running about a year and a half ago and have tried several shoe brands but since buying Saucony running shoes I regret trying some others and always come back to these. The fit is perfect for my foot (my feet are a little wide with short toes) and the forefoot cushioning helps me run with proper foot placement. Not so much cushioning on the heel that I would step heel first like others I've tried. The sizing is what you'd expect. I order a half size larger than my non-running shoes to allow room for foot expansion during running. Since finding this shoe I've ordered three pairs to make sure I have the shoe that works for me for quite a while. I'm very satisfied!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have high arches, June 12, 2013
I live in a very small town, where stores are scarce, and products are super expensive. But for something as important as shoes, I have to visit my local running store to try on dozens of pairs to find the right fit. I have SUPER high arches and most running shoes just don't fit the bill - Nike, Adidas, New Balance, you name it, I hadn't found sufficient arch support...until Saucony! I bought a pair at the running shop for twice what I (later) found it on Amazon. I will be ordering these again (replace your shoes every 500 miles!) and again and again!

Saucony Women's Cohesion 6 Running Shoe