5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe for intense aerobic activity
Published on April 26, 2012 by Ivy's Mom

2.0 out of 5 stars Not snug in heel area
Published 19 months ago by newbie30

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe for intense aerobic activity, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Saucony Women's Grid V2 Training Shoe (Apparel)
I just received this shoe last week. I ordered it because I have been doing insanity and boot camp and I started suffering from planar fasciitis as a result of the extra activity. I ended up getting custom orthotic inserts, but the inserts are very very stiff and while they are fine for walking they are no good for these types of activities that involve a lot of jumping and push ups. So, I needed to find a shoe with more support since I can't wear the inserts for working out. These fit the bill.

My foot is supported all around. I have very flat feet and these have great arch support. They support the ankle. Everything. Miles better than my old cross trainer (which was also a Saucony, but older lesser model). These are also roomy enough for my very wide foot and a toe spacer (which I wear all the time for bunions). I can't honestly say that these shoes have the best cushioning. They are not cushy per se, but I do my insanity workouts in the basement, on the concrete floor that is covered only by a carpet remnent and a bit of carpet padding and I'm not hurting on the impacts. Knees doing ok, ankles ok. The shoes are also FAIRLY light, but a little heavier than my old shoes. They are definately heavier than a lot of the light shoes available right now but you do tend to trade support for weight. Shoes with support will tend to weigh more. But these aren't too bad.

For me they were true to size, I take a 6, I bought a 6, they fit. If you have a very narrow foot, they maybe too wide, not sure. I'm sure the laces can be tighter etc... but there really might be too much room for someone with a narrow foot.

One drawback, which to me was not worth giving a lesser rating. The look. It's ugly. I got the silver and green. It's like a moonboot or something. But, I wear them to work out, not walk a runway. So I don't really care. But I'm putting it in the review in case anyone thinks it might be a cute shoe to wear around... it's not. It's silver. Very silver. The picture doesn't do it justice how incredibly shiny this shoe is. Blinding really. I might go blind looking at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for cardio/bootcamp class - TECHNIQUES FOR LACING IF YOU HAVE SLIPPAGE ETC.., February 24, 2014
The Saucony Grid V2 fit true to size for me. I have been wearing Saucony shoes since the 80's and this is another great fitting shoe. My foot is a little on the wide side and these shoes are plenty wide in the normal width. Saucony's are known for a wide toe box. I always buy a 9 in athletic shoes (heels I wear between an 8-8.5, and a European size 38 in sandals and 39 in closed shoes). The size 9 in this shoe fits like my Saucony running shoes. This shoe has plenty of cushion for jumping and it has great lateral support. I did not have a problem with the tongue of the shoe being short or had any rubbing issues around my ankle like a couple other reviewers mentioned. I did have slight heel slippage and fixed that with proper lacing for heel slippage.

IF YOUR HEEL SLIDES UP AND DOWN.
(Create a more secure fit around the ankle without tightening the entire shoe).

Technique:
Lace as normal until one eyelet remains on each side. Draw the lace straight up on the outside of the shoe and bring it through the last eyelet. This will create a loop. Repeat on the other side. Cross each lace over the tongue, thread it through the opposite loop, and tie. The loops help to cinch in the material around your ankle to prevent your heel from slipping without making the rest of your shoe any tighter.

IF YOUR TOES FEEL CRAMPED.
(Reduce forefoot constriction by using four shoelaces instead of two).

Technique:
Remove the laces and measure them. Buy two sets (four laces) half that length. On both shoes, use one lace for the bottom three eyelets and a second lace for the upper three eyelets. The end result will be two bows on each shoe, allowing you to tie the bottom laces looser to accommodate your wider forefoot.

YOUR SHOE IS TOO TIGHT ALONG THE TOP OF YOUR FOOT.
(Use parallel lacing to secure your foot without putting pressure on the top).

Technique:
Lace the first two eyelets on the big-toe side of the tongue (not the first eyelet on either side of the tongue like you normally would). Bring the lace from the first eyelet straight across to the first eyelet on the other side of the tongue and push it through. Pull it straight up the side, skipping one eyelet, and thread it through the third eyelet. Pull it straight across the tongue, and push it through the third eyelet on the opposite side. Repeat until all eyelets are laced and tied.

YOUR SHOE RUBS ONE SPOT ON THE TOP OF YOUR FOOT.
(Eliminate pressure on a "hot spot" by lacing around it, not directly over it).

Technique:
Place a lipstick smear on your hot spot. Slide your bare foot into your shoe and take it out. The mark on the underside of the tongue tells you which set(s) of eyelets to skip. Lace your shoe until you reach the eyelet before the spot. Take the lace back under and pull it up through the next eyelet on the same side. Take the lace across and continue to lace. Repeat this on the other side. You'll have an empty spot on the tongue where no laces cross it, which should eliminate your pressure point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs differently than prior Sauconys, February 5, 2013
I have been wearing Saucony for years because they tend to have good arch support, a wider toe box but a narrower heel. This pair of Saucony fit differently: not as much arch support and a wider heel (toe box is the norm for Saucony).

I ordered these because I injured my left metatarsal/ball of foot wearing a pair of Nike "Frees". According to my sports doctor, they had way too much flex in sole and not nearly enough support. As a result, when I walk (I cannot run anymore), I have pain when my foot flexes.

These shoes are designed with a more ridgid shoe bed - per the Saucony description - the V2 "provides maximum deflection on impact" and this is what I needed to help with my foot injury. In this respect, they are great. However, if you are used to the more traditional Saucony footbed, you will find these may feel too "hard".

I am keeping the V2 because the ridgid foot bed is necessary with my foot injury. Having said that, if I did not have the injury, I would have returned them because they have less arch support and run to wide in the heel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not snug in heel area, July 24, 2013
Saucony has been my "Go To" shoe for years, the fit was like a glove...NOW their shoe has changed slightly that it no longer fit good for me. This shoe in particular doesn't hug my heel well, feels too sloppy for my taste. Mind you I only wore Saucany's running shoe, I have never tried their Crossfit shoe before. Size was true to my normal sizing and I thought they were pretty cool looking, pic shows grey but they are very shiny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucony is my favorite work-out shoe, May 24, 2013
I have a sort of wide forefoot (but wide shoes are TOO wide) and a narrow-ish heel & Saucony has long been my go to shoe for work-outs because to the great fit. My foot/toes are not pointed; more square-ish & Saucony has less pointed toes on their shoes than most other shoes (I find Adidas to be especially pointed which crowds my toes). Thanks to all the reviews of this shoe on Amazon, I saw reviewers w/my same foot issues so was a no-brainer to get these. Very satisfied w/them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great, July 25, 2012
this is the first time i've tried a saucony shoe. i've been teaching group ex classes for 30 years, and it seems like just when i fall in love with a shoe the company either changes the model or discontinues my size (5 or 5 1/2). that's how i ended up with this particular shoe. i teach a variety of modalities including some very high intensity/impact sport classes, as well as step, bosu,and dance. i need a shoe with not only great lateral support, but a good amount of cushiong as my feet are pretty beat up after all these years. honestly this saucony does the trick, but i have an issue when i don't get the right shoe on just right. it digs in just above my ankle on the inside, and is a bit painful. it's particularly bothersome at the start of class, and almost always resolves itself. maybe it's my foot/ankle or maybe it's the shoe. all in all i can't complain, and at least saucony carries a size 5.

2.0 out of 5 stars size, June 7, 2013
I love the shoe...but it is not true to it's size....fit a little tight....the tongue is very thin so it shows the sock....if it would fit correctly I'm sure I wouldn't have that problem....so if you have wide feet think twice about the size you choose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with orthotics!, March 3, 2013
I do intense cross training and need shoes with tons of support for plyo and side to side movements. These are great for that. The best part about these shoes for me is that i can fit my prescription orthotics (for severe overpronation) in these perfectly, once i pulled out the original cushions, and the lateral support complements them perfectly (other shoes designed with more arch support over-corrected my feet when combined with my inserts). The original cushions are fairly thin and have mild arch support, i would say.
I normally wear a 7 1/2 dress shoe and these fit fantastic in an 8. The only down side to these is that the tongue is so narrow sometimes the top of my foot will chafe against the sides, but only if my socks are too short and leave it exposed.
Ive been using these for about three months now, 4x's a week and so far they're holding up fantastic. Great value!

3.0 out of 5 stars collar fits poorly, January 13, 2015
I've been shopping for a supportive cross trainer -- it seems the minimalist trend has taken over. I can't wear those trainers, because I have flat feet and my workout involves plyos. These Sauconys are more stable, which I appreciate.They are even almost cute on my size 10 feet (I got the black). I have been wearing my running shoes to class while shopping for something that offers lateral support. These shoes should have lateral support, but the collar is so funky that it cuts into my ankle when doing side lunges. The shape of the shoe also seems to have a different forefoot than I'm used to -- I end up with room on the left and tightness on the right. I have tried what Asics and New Balance has to offer, and neither fit right. I had hoped these would. Since it will cost me $10 to send these back, I may just keep them and see if I can change up the lacing until they are tolerable. I think from now on I'll only order shoes that have free return shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true size 12, December 1, 2014
I have an ankle brace that I have to wear most days and needed a size to accommodate that. I normally wear a size 10; an 11 wasn't quite long enough and when I ordered a size 12 in my normal New Balance sneaker, it wasn't any bigger than the 11. But this Saucony was perfect! It gives me plenty of width across the front of my foot but also fits nicely at the ankle/heel, seems to have good support, and has great toe room.

Saucony Women's Grid V2 Training Shoe