Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 18, 2012
I like these so much, I ordered extra pairs before leaving this review. I've had foot issues over the past year, and had to wear orthotics with arch support. I weaned myself off orthotics several months ago, but was still having plenty of discomfort. I switched to these a month ago, and they are really making my life better. I use them for walking (not running), and I find my feet are doing much better than they did in New Balance or Saucony waking shoes.
on October 30, 2012
I am a runner and I exclusively run in Saucony Hurricane shoes. I have ran in Hurricane 10, 11, 12 and 13. Put on the Hurricane 14 and Saucony has altered the shoe so that it no longer works for me. I am very disappointed in Saucony for making such significant changes in the sole of the shoe so that it no longer gives me the support I need. I overpronate when I run and now I will need to find another shoe. VEry disappointed.
on March 29, 2012
I have the Hurricane 13 and they are wonderful shoes! Just got the 14 today and they are horrible - already packed up to be returned. Went to my local running store and they were out of stock but said nothing significant had changed in the new model, so I ordered the 14 online. Bad idea!!! Should have done more research. Just read and watched a review online from a foot doctor who trashed the 14 and called it a "marshmallow, potato shoe" - she said horrible shoe. :( Now going to buy the 13 from Amazon.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2013
Hello,

I have been wearing the saucony hurricane shoe for as long as they have been making them--so I have been wearing them for years and years. I was mildly disappointed with the hurricane 13 because it felt less stable and the cushion wore out faster than previous models. I had hopes the 14 would be better, but it is the worst shoe I have ever worn. First, the biomechanical changes that were made are too extreme. The shoe does not resemble, nor support the claims of stability and cushion, or reflect what hurricane users have come to love in the construction of the shoe. This shoe is designed as if we all want to be barefoot runners. Not all of us want to be barefoot runners--and if we did, we would just go barefoot. Secondly, the shoe runs like it is disposable--it feels worn out within a couple of weeks, both in cushion and in the uppers. The uppers have been reduced so drastically, that both my little toes have torn through the sides within a month of running. In previous models, the uppers never showed much damage at the three month replacement point. Lastly, the shoe feels so light, it is almost like I can feel every piece of gravel on the pavement, and after two-three weeks, the shoe is shot anyways. If I was a sponsored athlete and had new shoes every two weeks, perhaps these would be fine, but at $140 a pair, they should easily last 3 months or more and have reasonable durability.

The attempts to reduce the weight and drop on this shoe created such a poor product that lacks reasonable durability for your average customer, nor meets expectations of the previous models. I have been a long dedicated customer and have bought 4-5 pairs of hurricane shoes every year. If this is going to be the quality of the product from now on, I will be forced to find another shoe that meet reasonable levels of stability, cushion, and durability.
on July 17, 2013
Maybe its the way I run generally, but I have blown through the webbing by the big toes and also on the side about a two inch strip by my pinkie toe. AnI only have about 500 miles on them. Beside the ripped webbing on the uppers, I really like the overall cushioning and support of the shoe. Still very springy; it feels like there is still quite of bit life left in these shoes. I really hate to retire them early. I usually get 900 plus miles on my shoes.
on May 14, 2013
This is my 2nd pair of Saucony running shoes. They are comfortable, fit great, and have a roomy toe box. This shoe is great for anyone who overpronates, providing needed stability. I purchased my first pair in a running store for double the price, loved them and decided I would stick with "what works." These come in 4 colors and are the most comfortable running shoes ever. No "breaking in" period necessary; these shoes are comfortable right from the start. You won't be disappointed.
on February 21, 2013
I have worn Saucony's since they came out with the Shadows in the 80's. This is another great stability running shoe for pronaters.
My feet feel totally supported everywhere, the heel and arch are stable. I like the height of this heel at 8mm, I know some others prefer the 12mm height on the Hurricane 13, but I love this new improved lighter weight shoe. If you have high arches you might need to add an insert.
on July 19, 2013
The arch seems kinda "flat", compared to my 3 other pair of Saucony Hurricane's. I've had no trouble running in them, but they just have an awkward feel to them. This was my first experience buying running shoes on-line, after always getting fitted at a specialty running shoe store and paying upwards of $150 for shoes. I think overall they were worth the price ($75) because in the store they were considerably more expensive.
on September 6, 2013
At first I wore these as a cross training/running shoe. It wasn't supportive enough and I started to experience shin and knee pain. I have since used them for zumba classes only and love them. Maybe because they are flexible and have less traction they slide effortlessly across the gym floor for zumba. I love them now for zumba!
on May 9, 2013
I had a pair of the 11s (black) and loved them. I skipped the last few models because of the reviews. I bought the 14s based on the many positive, detailed reviews and will add mine. Out of the box, these shoes felt great. I was concerned if the toe box would be too small because I have wide-ish feet but no problems. I am usually a reliable Size 8 and this shoe was no exception. Very comfortable fit and good support even with the insoles that come with it. I normally use blue SOLE insoles which are more comfortable than green Superfeet for me. I run a 30 minute 5k 3-4 times a week.