Published on June 2, 2011 by MsMeow

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the same shoe anymore...disappointed.
Have been wearing Saucony Hurricane for years....as a summer walking shoe. The new models...too much plastic....it cheapens the look of the shoe. The 12 has too pointed of a toe. It doesn't feel like the first couple of generations of Hurricanes....total comfort the first time wearing them. Saucony should consider returning the Hurricane to leather, normal colors,...
Published 14 months ago by Cubby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, consistent shoe for Saucony lovers and other over-pronaters, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Saucony Women's ProGrid Hurricane 12 Running Shoe (Apparel)
This is the fourth pair of Saucony Hurricane's that I've owned -- I had version 7, 9, 11 and now 12! I first purchased them at a running store when they evaluated my walk and said that I over-pronate (my feet collapse inwards when I walk, creating stress on my knees and hip joints). The Hurricanes offer maximum stability and support for people like me, and they (along with custom orthotics) have helped me through a two-year long recovery from knee surgery after a sports injury.

The Hurricanes fit me well because I have a triangle shaped foot -- wide toe spread with a narrow heel. Most shoes are too tight in the toes and too loose in the heel -- case in point, the Asics Gel Resolution for tennis, which I really wanted to love because tennis is now my main sport and they were highly reviewed! Unfortunately, they just didn't fit. In contrast, for my foot, the Hurricanes are absolutely perfect, and also true to size (I wear a 7 and buy a 7 1/2 to allow space for my orthotics). I LOVE being able to buy shoes every year without even trying any new shoes on!

I noticed that this version, the 12, seems "plusher" than earlier versions -- very cushiony, which is fine with me. Over time they have tended to get less cushiony, and with my 3-5x/week workout schedule, they last just about one year before the treads are worn down, they're losing their shape, and my feet are starting to hurt after long workouts.

The best evidence for my positive review: I put these on, new straight from the box, and proceeded to play a 3-1/2 hour, very strenuous tennis match on a hard court. I felt zero discomfort, had no blisters, and no foot/knee/hip pain of any kind. Awesome!

4.0 out of 5 stars a step backwards in a great line, November 28, 2010
The Hurricane Wide has been my shoe for years and I'm sad that the fit in this model is not so good. Previous models had just enough room in the toes and a good snug fit in the heel, but something bad has happened and now the heel is a weird puffy cushion kind of thing that slips on the uphill. I can't wear the next size down without squeezing my toes. Why do shoe manufacturers always mess with a good thing?

5.0 out of 5 stars a good fit, March 20, 2011
I've worn Saucony Hurricanes for years, and I used to be about 20 pounds heavier when running. At that stage, I got blisters in any shoe, after five or six miles, so I just adapted by relying on moleskin and other fixes.
Now, 20 pounds lighter, I'm running again, and this shoe works. I don't have blisters after 12 miles (the furthest I've done for an upcoming half marathon), and I think that's the weight, not the shoe, but I read reviews before buying the hurricane again, and runners considered it much improved. It does have a tight heel. I feel my heel, in other words, and it interacts a bit (when I first start) with my sock in a way that I notice, but after a while, it seems fine. Each time I put the shoes on again, I feel that same tightness, and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing--I'm wearing a medium. I'm also wearing an incredibly thin and very comfortable sock by thorlo that may also be playing a good role in the no blister game. I'm going with a five star because I'm happy with the shoe/sock/weight combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucony Women's Progrid Hurricane 12 Running Shoe, February 7, 2011
This shoe is perfect for me; it provides all the support I need since my feet pronate quite a bit plus they are very comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Running Shoe, June 9, 2011
I am a low mileage runner (3 miles at a time) and I have flat feet and knee problems because of it. The Hurricane 11s were recommended to me, and they were fantastic. I had no knee-pains running in them. When they wore out, I wanted to stick with the line. The 12s are not as comfortable as the 11s. They put more pressure on the front of my foot when I run than the 11s did. Other than that, I have no knee pain to complain of, so they are serving me pretty well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoe, March 22, 2011
This is nice shoe. Very comfortable. I was comparing it to the Saucony ProGrid Ride 3 because both have high arches. The differences I found is that this is a shorter shoe, but it gives you more room in the toes. This shoe has the "Arch Lock" but the arch is not as high as the ProGrid Ride. The down side of this shoe is that my feet did not breath well. I noticed that the foot with this shoe on it was a lot warmer that the other.

5.0 out of 5 stars daughter loves the shoe, October 4, 2010
I bought these shoes for my daughter. She loves them. She says they have great arch support and cushion for running.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is my third pair, December 6, 2012
I love these shoes. My third pair tells you they are comfortable for a serious pronator. they last a good bit too. Nice that I can fidn thems o much cheaper on amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite shoes - great colour, July 19, 2012
AIR'N (TORONTO, ON, CANADA) - See all my reviews
I buy these shoes each year to train for races. They are great and this is the best colour I have seen Saucony produce in this model of shoes. Highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not such a runner, but love these shoes, March 1, 2011
This is my third pair since last year. I ran in them for my first half marathon, so I decided to keep a good thing going for my second half. Great price on Amazon!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›