Notes: I returned this item for a size 6, as it ran a little small by length (perfect by width). My feet are small and wide, with very high arches and very high insteps. For this reason, I am forced to wear a double wide to get all the way around my foot (across my instep, etc.) Also, I am only a 1 mile a day walker for exercise, done on undulating terrain...
Published on September 4, 2011 by Luke 21:28

1.0 out of 5 stars Black pair not as comfortable as the white?
Purchased shoes from Footsmart - yes high shipping costs at that online store!

The only available product in my size was the black - so, I purchased them. BOY! AM I SORRY! My feet were tired after walking in them for less than an hour. They were stiffer than the white shoes I had previously purchased. I would NOT recommend the shoe if it is in BLACK.
Published on April 22, 2012 by GloriaJH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe for high arch, high instep, plantar fascitis prone feet, September 4, 2011

Review: The arch support in these shoes is fantastic. I spent a full day at the Minnesota State Fair two days ago, then spent yesterday walking around in construction zones, for several miles of walking.

I did not get the plantar fascitis which I so commonly get after a day on my feet. I didn't get shin splints (though of course, my calf muscles are sore). I didn't get the heel pain I so commonly get, either.

I have bought Easy Spirit for years, because they had the closest size and width combination, with decent arch support. But these shoes are more sturdily made (the insole doesn't slip in and out, for instance), and they went above and beyond the call of duty when almost brand new.

I will buy them again when this pair wears out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucony walking shoe, December 6, 2011
Since I started exercising regularly eight years ago, I only bought Nike shoes. Because they run small, I would have to get a half-size larger but they fit fine. Then I started having more and more problems finding Nike shoes which fit. Shoes a half-size larger didn't fit anymore and even going up a full size didn't always work. The last pair that I bought last year at the Nike outlet in Las Vegas were OK and I wondered if it was due to them being made in Indonesia, instead of China or Vietnam. However, I had no luck when looking for shoes locally.

So when I saw the Cyber Monday shoe deal and started browsing, I noticed the reviews of the Saucony athletic shoes and was impressed. I decided to order the walking shoe (half-size larger per review comments). I was a bit apprehensive about getting white, leather shoes but when these arrived yesterday, I was so pleased. They are very well-made and amazingly light. I wore them today when I went grocery shopping and didn't realize until I got home that I had not put the inserts (for plantar fasciitis) in the shoes. For the past year, walking any distance without the inserts hasn't been possible. I love these shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Walking Shoe, February 22, 2012
This review is from: Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe (Apparel)
Saucony is exclusively the brand of tennis shoe I buy for exercise.

I have had a lot of problems with my feet over the years plantar faciitis, bone spurs, and bursitis. As a result, I wear orthotic inserts in almost all my shoes and because the orthotics are pretty stiff I wear thick socks to provide some cushioning.

I find that buying a half size up 8.5 instead of 8 allows me to accomodate the orthotic inserts and the soft thicker socks.

I also really like the way the heels provide a really stable platform making it much more difficult to supinate or pronate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Black pair not as comfortable as the white?, April 22, 2012
Purchased shoes from Footsmart - yes high shipping costs at that online store!

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Shoe, March 18, 2012
I have high arches and narrow heels. I have a hard time finding a good walking shoe. These shoes fit perfect and don't make my feet feel tired or painful when I stand for long periods of time. I would recommend these shoes to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable!, March 15, 2012
Michelle (Sterling, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I've been a fan of Saucony since 1986. Their shoes are comfortable right out of the box, never give me blisters, and come in the wide widths I need. I decided to switch to a walking shoe this time around since I don't really run anymore. The only complaint I have about this shoe is that it has no venting on the top like the running shoes do. I put at least 3 miles per day on my walking/running shoes, and my feet did get a bit hot in this pair. Aside from that, they were supremely comfortable, eliminated the knee-pain my old trashed pair were no longer alleviating, and seem more padded inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, March 6, 2012
I have been a long time fan of Saucony but these are by far the best!! The size is true to fit and I walked 2 miles the very first time I wore them without any pain or discomfort! I plan on buying another pair in the future.I wil be teling family and friends to switch to this particular brand!

pure comfort.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Black Integrity is a One Star compared to the White, August 28, 2012
I bought two pair of Saucony ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes.

One in White...and one in Black.

This was my 5th pair of Saucony White Integrity... but only my first pair of their re-designed ProGrid Integrity. I was somewhat hesitant ordering the new design due to a bunion problem.
After trying 5 different shoe stores in my area and not finding the old design Integrity, I resigned myself to the fact that I must try their new design. No store carried the new shoe in wide, so I decided to order from Amazon.

I did notice a customer review stating that the black shoes were not as comfortable as the white but I did not heed the warning and went ahead and ordered a pair in Black.
Needless to say...the Black ones are no where near as comfortable as the white.

Not only did my bunion area get pressure, but I also experienced pain under the big toe on one foot and a mid foot pain beneath my other foot.

Saucony, I'm not sure why the big difference between Black & White on the same style, but you have lost a "black sneaker" customer for life.

On on the other hand....or should I say Foot...I love your white Saucony, but why the re-design?? Haven't you heard the old saying...If it ain't broke, don't fix it??

Love Amazon and love their return policy...and I will be using it to return the BLACK ones!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort yet support, September 22, 2011
Shoes fit well even though I have a high arch. Does not feel heavy on the foot. Recommended by Am Sports Podiatrists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Shoe, June 13, 2012
Anon (The Great North) - See all my reviews
I purchased this shoe as a replacement for a discontinued Grid Integrity shoe by Saucony. This shoe is well made and accurately sized. The wide width is comfortable and really fits. Also, the toe box has enough depth to accommodate a wide foot without looking too clunky. If you are looking for a stylish, comfortable leather walking shoe, this is an excellent choice. Also, Amazon offers the best price for this shoe.

Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2  Walking Shoe