Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on June 15, 2012
Before I ordered this roll of seamless I made sure to read all of the reviews. I was especially concerned since the pictures of the product show it with major rips. Yet, for the price I decided to order anyway. UNLIKE the many of the other reviews I am HAPPY to report that the seamless roll arrived problem free. The roll arrived as expected, FREE of any RIPS. So perhaps I am the exception? But in my opinion the company would not stay in business if it only delivered broken products. I would say if you are considering ordering this roll DO SO. This is my third roll and I am still RIP FREE.
on May 4, 2012
I ordered this same paper from B&H Photo. Same thing as others report: Tears in three places along the shaft at least 6 feet deep. You can see my images in the images section.
review image review image
on October 11, 2013
I read the reviews and was really nervous about making the purchase. Eventually, I threw caution to the wind and ordered the paper. I am so glad that I did. My paper was flawless! I didn't have a single rip, crease, or fold. The color is rich and pretty much perfect.
on November 28, 2014
Love this color! The paper is super sturdy and holds up really well. It was too long for my studio space so I used a hacksaw to cut about 8" off. Even then, to have better lighting and more room, I set it up in my garage. Downside of that is this paper shows sandy dirt and footprints really well. I didn't think it was super bad till I was going through images and ended up having to clone a lot of that out. OOps. User error though. :)
on February 10, 2016
It's a good color. But it's just impossible to reuse without having roll waves in it.
It appears wavy, because when it rolls back up after use, you can't roll it tight enough to not have any slack.
In the image I posted below you can see the waves. They're not huge. They're just enough to make it look cheap and unusable for serious work.
review image
on September 17, 2014
Came with tears along where it was taped. I'm assuming someone packaged it that way, as it would be very difficult to tear in transit considering how it was packaged. Annoyed and thinking of returning it. But, since i need it for a shoot on Friday, I won't have time to wait on the new one. I should be able to trust that when I order a new product from...anywhere, it comes without damage.
on September 23, 2014
Took off a star bc the roll was tight and the tape did rip the bg when unrolling. No way of getting around cutting off 6-10" from start. No problems with long tearing if you mount it first then unroll (with anthr person). Bg looks great! F muslin. ;)
on August 30, 2012
It is really not the shipping fault its how it is packaged. If you get one of these and you cant get it out easy at all then it will rip as it comes out. I have order 8 of these now and all but 3 came out with no rips.

My school says that this is one of the best places to get paper backdrops and it is, if your not getting them through the mail. Not all will be ripped, but a enough will be. DO not go though the people who make it, but the company that you order from and if they still don't give you your money then do a a-z clam and you will get your money back.
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 12, 2013
This product meets it's purpose. It came in a sturdy sealed tube, which was great, but the condition of the edge of the paper indicated it was used. We thought it was supposed to be new. We were able to remove the damaged portion. It's a good background for the price.
For decades Savage has been the background paper brand name of choice among professional photographers. Though the bulk of my photography career is behind me, when I do studio work requiring a backdrop Savage Seamless is probably in the background..

Savage background papers I received were delivered in a box-within-a-box. Packaging was so good it bears mention with a product where small defects (dents, creases, marks) can render the product useless.

I have used the 53" and 107" rolls of Thunder Grey Savage seamless background paper to photograph products and for portraits. The neutral grey color works well with a wide variety of light and dark products and skin tones. This is a darker grey tone than Fashion Grey which I have moved to as It can better make colorful items really "pop".

A side benefit of Thunder Grey is how the color can hide a slight amount of dirt on the surface. The same hint of soiling would scream out in a photo on super white or black savage papers. This can save time and money by not needing to reset a scene.

The paper perfect for backgrounds on tabletops. it is heavy and holds a smooth curve when draped onto a bench for small products which is just what I want. On a turntable (for 360 views photo sequences) it can drape just right off the edge.

Savage papers are perfect on turntables. When using a turntable for photographing frames for a 360 degree sequence Thunder Grey can overhang the turntable with just the right amount of sag on the overhang. This makes it easy to create the illusion that the product is floating in space or sitting on an unending grey surface.

This simple product is perfect for the photographic backgrounds it is made for and more.

In a pinch I've used Savage Paper as a window shade during renovations some years ago! A simple thing well made for a purpose and useful for much more. It deserves 5 stars.