Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on August 16, 2012
Amazing - I read so many reviews about the paper being torn but I could not believe that it would be so consistent, so given that I could use Amazon prime I still went with this order. It was shredded in the packaging - the packaging was not torn, so it was put in this way. There were about 8 tears that went fairly deep, rendering much of it useless. It's nice paper, so I will still order the brand, but someone is doing something wrong along the way and they need to fix it. On to Adorama or B&H.
on June 21, 2012
I've ordered rolls of paper before, including big 107" rolls, so placing an order from Amazon instead of the big NYC camera store didn't seem like it'd make that big of a different to me. It arrived just a few days later, and I loaded it up for a shoot booked that weekend. When I got around to unloading the paper, I was surprised to find that the first 6 feet or so were ripped clear through. After cutting that off, we got it up on the roller and noticed that when rolling it out, the paper had a wobble to it, and what appeared to be water or humidity damage, which showed up in big uniformely-placed circles, almost like a Twister board. These really showed up when shooting at an angle, or using lights running parallel to the background. We ended up rolling out a bit more and cutting off even more to try and get the best section, which we ended up shooting against.

All told, we blew through half of this roll of paper just to finish the shoot, which required me to spend a considerable amount of time in post smoothing out the paper. I would have set up a return, but I didn't think to check that the paper might be damaged before using it, and half of the product is in the garbage now. Next time, I'm ordering directly from that big camera place, as I've never had anything show up messed up like this from them.

Good color on the paper, though. I'm happy with the shots that I did get with it, and it catches color really well. Much nicer and smoother images than shooting against pure white. I want to try out the Thunder Grey next.
on April 18, 2014
Despite the page saying SV-107X12-56 Fashion Gray was "In Stock", it wasn't. I got an email after ordering from Midwest Photo Exchange saying they could substitute Slate Gray #26, or order the Fashion Gray, which would take 2-3+ weeks to get in (then they'd still have to ship it to me).

I substituted and got the Slate Gray instead of waiting. It arrived about a week later, even though it was a "Amazon Prime" order that should have arrived in 2 days.

Speaking of Amazon Prime, it's become a rip-off too. "Free Shipping" is BS, since they add a huge amount to the item cost to cover it anyway. This item, for example: Other sources are $44 plus $22 shipping. Amazon "Prime" was $66. So what am I paying the extra for that "service" for every year? And now I have an email saying that annual charge is going up next time. I've pretty much had it with "Amazon Prime", since it's not providing any real benefit to me.

The box it was in was undamaged, but the paper inside had the first 4 feet ripped and torn, so it had to be cut off and thrown away.

The remaining paper is fine. Appears to be a consistent color. Roll wasn't bent, warped or damaged and doesn't wobble when pulled out or retracted again.

Next time I need paper, I'll order direct from Adorama or B&H.
on March 15, 2013
My first order of this arrived bent about 4 feet into the roll. There was no salvaging the roll and it had to be returned. This was significantly lighter under studio lights than I thought it would be. Got Storm Gray the second time around. It arrived perfect and shot beautifully. I cut 14ft off the roll for a session b/c the whole roll is way too heavy to mount on my backdrop stand. That section has already been used for two sessions and is in good enough shape for a few more. I advise scoring the tape along the edge and just leaving it on the paper (it will be on the backside) because trying to take it off will ruin several feet of your paper. I also used clear packing tape on the front edge to 'stabilize' it and keep it from tearing. Color is great. Will definitely order more.

Amazon really should label these as 'Fragile' or 'Do Not Bend'!!
on July 15, 2014
This background works perfectly. As most of the reviews state, the way it is poorly packed ruins a good 1 or 2 yards of the beginning of your roll, BUT you still have plenty left to work with. I definitely recommend standing it up when storing it, so it doesn't get oval shaped.

Side note, I use this for shooting dance portraits and inevitably their little feet scuff it up and about halfway, sometimes sooner I have to rip off the dirty part and pull some more out.
on May 31, 2014
Love the color and what the paper does to eliminate room 'corners'. HOWEVER, the paper arrived ripped up to 3 feet into the roll. When I contacted the store, they said, "well, you can return it" (at my expense) "for another one", accept I needed it the day I opened it. When I explained that to them they just basically said... "too bad, so sad".
on August 5, 2010
The color is exact, consistent and the paper is nice heavy stuff! It arrived on time, in perfect condition and I'm about as happy as I can be given that it's just a big roll of paper. I mean really can you gush over paper?
on September 12, 2015
I ordered this for a military ball backdrop. It was PERFECT. Arrived by noon (I had it shipped next business day delivery), and was in PERFECT condition. This did not shred at all, was not torn, and was a wonderful backdrop. It photographed beautifully, and just one section was required and lasted the entire evening, with well over 300 people walking on it throughout the event. I never had to fix the drop once on the stand, or replace the section during the 5 hours I was working.

The color I ordered was "Fashion Gray" and it was really a great buy. Will not hesitate to buy a Savage product in the future, or from this seller. Thanks for the great item, great shipping, and fair price :)
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
For decades Savage has been the background paper brand name of choice among professional photographers. Though the bulk of my photography career is behind me, when I do studio work requiring a backdrop Savage Seamless is probably in the background..

Savage background papers I received were delivered in a box-within-a-box. Packaging was so good it bears mention with a product where small defects (dents, creases, marks) can render the product useless.

I use the 53" and 107" rolls of Fashion Grey Savage seamless background paper to photograph products and for portraits. The neutral grey color work well with a wide variety of light and dark products and skin tones. It can make colorful items really "pop".

A side benefit of Fashion Grey is how the color can hide a slight amount of dirt on the surface. The same hint of soiling would scream out in a photo on super white or black savage papers. This can save time and money by not needing to reset a scene.

The paper perfect for backgrounds on tabletops. It is heavy and holds a smooth curve when draped onto a bench for small products which is just what I want.

Savage papers are perfect on turntables. When using a turntable for photographing frames for a 360 degree sequence Fashion Grey can overhang the turntable with just the right amount of sag on the overhang. This makes it easy to create the illusion that the product is floating in space or sitting on an unending grey surface.

This simple product is perfect for the photographic backgrounds it is made for and more.

In a pinch I've used Savage Fashion Grey as a window shade during renovations some years ago! A simple thing well made for a purpose and useful for much more. It deserves 5 stars.
on April 24, 2014
I was scared when I read the reviews of how many people were getting paper with rips or wrinkles in it, but I had to have a grey paper, so I ordered it anyway.

I was very excited to see the tube in great shape when it arrived. When I opened it at the shoot, it was in perfect shape. There were no wrinkles or rips in it at all.

I will defenantly be buying from this seller again.