Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Style: 53"x12yards|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 8, 2012
I bought this, and a black roll, to see what it was like in lieu of fabric backgrounds. Infinitely better. Doesn't wrinkle so light will distribute evenly, and makes a nice curve onto the floor or other surface for that edgeless look. The only, very minute problem is the tape with which it is bound in, black and white striped, but it's not really even an issue given that you can use it as sort of a guide for positioning and how much to roll out.

And it's paper, no clinging pet or people hair. All around very satisfied with this purchase.
For decades Savage has been the background paper brand name of choice among professional photographers. The bulk of my photography career is behind me and now I only do occasional portraits and product jobs.

The roll of super white Savage seamless background paper I purchased via Amazon to photograph products was delivered in a box-within-a-box. Packaging was so good it bears mention with a product where small defects (dents, creases, marks) can render the product useless.

I choose super white so the products I am photographing will appear to be "floating" over a white background. The paper really is super-white and provides a perfect background for normal or high-key photography. The paper itself is perfect for backgrounds; it is heavy and holds a smooth curve when draped onto a bench for small products which is just what I want.

In a pinch I've used Savage Super White effectively as a projection screen.

I've used super white to create a light tent for photographing jewelry or other small and very reflective items.

If using a turntable for photographing frames for a 360 degree super-white can overhang the turntable and has just the right amount of sag on the overhang. This makes it easy to create the illusion that the product is floating in space or sitting on an unending white surface.

When I am doing portraits I'll often use the super-white background and if I want other colors light it separately using color gels on the strobes in my studio. I can create a plethora of colors and effects to create interesting and complementary portraits.

This simple product is perfect for the photographic backgrounds it is made for and more. I've even used it as a window shade during renovations some years ago! A simple thing well made for a purpose and useful for much more. It deserves 5 stars.
on November 7, 2013
Rather good quality. Works as it should. When paper gets rather dirty you can just tear or cut off and roll out some more. Only concern is there is no good way to keep paper rolled up. Tried using clamps but damages the ends.
on September 28, 2013
I have the black and white in this product and I am really happy with this purchase. As a photographer, this helps to create crisp and uniform portraits without any crease. It allows the images to look professional and brings out definition in the subject. This is also great for video interviews and product photography
on March 18, 2011
We purchased this product for our home theater screen. It has worked perfectly so far for that use. We previously had a real screen but it was easily scratched and very expensive. With the paper if anything happens, we can just remove and replace and our picture looks great!
on February 9, 2016
Savage provides the pure white paper that I depend on. It's a full-roll on a 3-inch diameter heavy cardboard spool, so it loads securely into my backdrop stand. Cheaper manufacturers have eliminated the center spool.

Photographer
[...]
review image
on April 17, 2013
While I only use this background under certain conditions, it hold up perfectly for a seamless highkey white. The 53" is perfect for when you have to travel with your equipment. If you are looking for your studio, spend the extra money and get the 107" - you'll be glad you did.
on July 12, 2013
I purchased this white paper background for portraits, and I am extremely happy with it, however for me, I should have ordered the wider background from the same company because this size is only good for one person (MAYBE two small children). I ended up taping two strips of background together as a temporary fix, but I have to fix this in post processing because you can see the seam in the photo. I should have ordered the bigger size, but I am VERY HAPPY with the product and quality.
on January 10, 2014
A big long roll of white paper. PERFECT. Be advised that if you are capable of taking razor sharp photos, you WILL see the grain of this paper. It's of medium coarseness, not FINE and glassy smooth. Good bright PURE white - even used it for the white balance (recommended for obvious reasons). You WILL see grain in your soft shadows though. For me, that's okay. For you? You decide. It's paper, not glass. (and well worth the cost)
on March 2, 2016
Great Product. I love Seamless paper instead of using cloth type. You get nothing but a nice even distribution of light on the paper, and No wrinkles! The roll is actually really light, and multiple can be mounted with a wall mount no problem. The only thing i regret is not getting a bigger size. I actually bought Black, Green, and Blue Savage Seamless right after this purchase, love them all.