Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Savane Men's Select Edition Pleated Dress Pant
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 23, 2013
I have worn Savane pants for almost 20 years, however, it appears that the new owners may have changed suppliers. They now run about a size larger in the inseam. So, if you normally wear a 36 x 36, then you would more than likely need a 36 x 34. Everything else appears to be the same (fabric, quality, etc).
on September 14, 2014
I've been wearing Savane Microfiber Pleated dress pants for 10 years and those decade-old pants deserve to be retired. They wear better than any other pants I've ever owned so, of course, when I decided to replace them I simply ordered more of the same in various colors through Amazon.The elastic waistband is a bit wider in the newer pants and there is an extra "securing" button, both of which are improvements. The microfiber feels a bit stiffer initially but the fabric softens when washed for the first time. I dropped some food on one of the new pair yesterday and it wiped right off without staining. None of my old Savane pants ever stained, ripped, or frayed. But they definitely no longer looked like dress pants because they get worn so frequently over the years, although they never lost their crease. The new Savane microfiber pants are still a great buy, at virtually the same price they were 10 years ago. I can wear them every day and, yet, when need be, they serve nicely as dress pants. A great product. But what happened to khaki?
VINE VOICEon February 2, 2015
I have two pairs of Savane microfiber slacks that I bought as a newlywed and still wear--almost 20 years later. Needless to say, I'm a fan of any clothing manufacturer that makes items that hold up that well. After trying cotton "Dockers"-type slacks and watching them fall apart in less than a year (regardless of brand), I'm back to microfiber. It lasts and always looks good.

As for these more recent Savane slacks I purchased:

PROS
* Perfect fit
* Drape nicely and looks sharp in pleats
* Microfiber breathes well, yet doesn't feel overly cool
* Light crosshatch pattern in the weave adds a classic look
* Clean stitching, with no loose threads anywhere

CONS
* Inner waist button attached to waistband liner, not to the waistband itself, so less secure
* Amazon's listing of the "blue" color is not blue but a navy so dark it is almost indistinguishable from black
* More prone to wrinkling than my previous Savane microfiber slacks
* Microfiber material in these slacks feels slightly thinner than my older ones

Most people will be satisfied with these slacks, I believe. The major concern for those ordering the blue color is that the pair you'll receive will be closer to black than blue. Finding a true lighter-than-navy blue remains difficult in men's slacks today. That's not Savane's issue, though, but how they are described here.
on July 9, 2014
These provide a very good fit overall. Material is lightweight, great for warmer weather. The inseam does run a little longer than average, and I for one LOVE that because in almost any other brand of dress slacks I've tried, 34 is too long and 32 is too short (and virtually no one makes a 33" inseam in dress slacks). I ordered the 32" inseam based on the reviews here stating the longer than average inseam and am very happy about my purchase. I will be ordering another pair or two.
on June 4, 2014
I was on a weight loss plan right before going on vacation. I needed some new pants to take there were washable, cheap and fit. I ordered these. They were great. For the trip, they packed easily and washed easily. Dried well with no wrinkles. Coming back home, I started wearing them to work. They are styled well, with pleats and cuffs, look great, and can be washed with virtually no wrinkles (I do a light ironing). Even though they are 100% poly, they feel fine, even in hot weather. I ended up buying a total of 5 pairs for work.
on April 27, 2015
I bought these for my husband in both the 'DARK NAVY' and the 'DARK PATINA'.

SIZING: My husband wears a 38 x 31, so, figured I would have to order a 32" inseam and have them hemmed, (like we did before), but, after reading the Reviews saying these slacks run long now, I took a chance on ordering him a 38 x 30, and they are a perfect length for him; thus, they do run long. So, take this into consideration when you order.

COLOUR: The 'Dark Navy' is just that... a lovely colour. However, the 'Dark Patina' looks in the online photo like a beige... I figured maybe a light khaki... but no. Not only are they neither beige, nor khaki, but a kind of mousy-brown with gray-green undertones. Not a colour for him at all, so returned those.

The FIT, (and the FABRIC that drapes beautifully), is fabulous... he LOVES the Savane brand. He's worn 3-pair for the last 10-years! So, we definitely got our money's-worth. These slacks are easy to care for, they keep their crease, and no ironing or steaming is required... wash them, dry them, hang them, wear them. It doesn't get any better than that!
on July 23, 2014
These pants were on the Amazon deal of the day for $21.99, and what a deal they are. They fit perfectly and are quite comfortable. I bought three and should of bought more. They have the nice invisible stretch waistband so they give a bit. The material is nice and soft and they take an ironing very easy. I highly suggest buying these pants when they go back on the deal of the day. I love all the colors that are provided as well. I purchased the Brown, Navy, and Light Grey.
on September 25, 2013
These are easy to care for and stay wrinkle free in an office setting, are a comfortable weight for warmer climates, look great for work and Church, and are perfect for traveling. The expandable comfort waist is a 'Must-Have' feature that I've found to be standard in most Savane pants! Over the past year, I've purchased 5 different pair of Savane pants and all been true to size and very well stitched. The cuffed pants do seem a bit longer, but not enough for me to order a different length than normal. Certainly well worth the money!
on July 4, 2016
Love these pants. They are thin which is good for me since I am hot natured. They have the expandable hidden waist which is a must for me. The reviews said the run long so I got a 32' length. 33" is perfect for me so I usually get 34". These ran a little long for a 32. I am 6' and 220 pounds, and these are a little snug in the thighs but still comfortable, and I would buy the same size again. They re polyester and look more like suit pants than work pants, so it is an upgrade for my office job. I had no problem with lint or wrinkles.
on November 3, 2015
Some of the better dress slacks for the price. Fits as expected - My inseam is 31" which is nearly impossible to find so I normally have to settle with a 30" a little too short or a 32 a little too long. These fall perfect on my shoe at 32"

I find Savane's sizes the most accurate fit. The wear of these slacks are very comfortable, and easy to maintain - I use dry cleaning services.
Overall I am very happy with the quality and fit.