Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on January 24, 2011
I buy these pants to wear for work. I don't have too much to say - they're pants.

They look decent. This is one of the last few companies (even online) producing pants in my big and tall size (40x36). If they stop producing these pants, I'll have a decision to make: a) Get Fatter b) Get Shorter or c) Hire a Tailor

I like the comfort waist. The fabric is thicker than that of cheaper alternatives. Good pants.
11 comment68 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2010
Unlike some brands that sell large sizes that are just larger versions of their smaller clothes which does not properly fit, these slacks are cut and fit properly for the big and tall man. Construction is solid and the material is soft, yet durable. For "dress casual" to casual wear, these are certainly an excellent value.
0Comment45 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2011
The description failed to mention that these are the kind with the sliding/elasticized expanding waist. Even so, the base, un-expanded waist size seems smaller, and the maximum expanded size is just barely enough to fit, even though I ordered my correct waist size. Also, the fit through the hips and butt area is very tight, though the legs from the thighs down are nice and roomy. But it's so tight, it causes the pockets to sort of pleat out so they look like little elephant ears when I look head-on in the mirror. I should mention I also ordered the pleated version of these same pants and they don't have this problem
11 comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2011
Great pair of pants. Very comfortable and well made. True to size. Needed this for a Christmas party and amazon had it to me very quickly.
on July 18, 2011
These are comfortable and the sizing is correct a slight pile to the cotton that would pick up dog hair easily, shipped to Australia in 3 weeks.
on February 11, 2014
My husband was initially very pleased with the style, fit and workmanship of these pants. The first day he wore them they were great. The second time he wore them fabric in the seat of these pants disintegrated. This happened at work. Upon closer examination, the fabric appeared to be dry rotted. Do not buy these pants if you value your dignity.
on August 9, 2011
I bought these and they fit fine. The material seemed sturdy, but as a big guy the fabric does not hold up and has worn along the thighs. The other Savane pants I own haven't experienced this.
on October 7, 2012
Waist size was listed as 46 but expandable. My waist size is 46, but pockets flared out like a pair of ears and made them look as if the pants didn't fit properly. Apparently, seat room is not consistent with other similar sized twill pants from Savane that I already own.
on March 4, 2014
For the first month these pants were great, but almost by magic (or planned obsolescence) at the 2nd month mark holes and wear marks due to weakness in the material started to appeared. I'm not talking about holes or wear marks that appear because I am a big guy. I'm talking about a tiny hole of frazzled material in the middle of a pocket that I don't use or a wear mark on the lower leg. This didn't only happen to one pair but to two pair of pants in other random spots and eventually I had to throw both pair away. THUS, Good for 1 Month and through them away after the 2nd.
If you look at all the other reviews that score this product you will find similar stories. I wish I read them before I bought them. I hope you do.
on August 9, 2010
My husband and I looked and looked for pants that were the right length and waist size and then I found these. They fit him perfectly and he is very difficult to shop for because of his height. He tried them on with his suit jacket that we bought from JC Penney and they match very well.