Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 23, 2009
I am a honey fanatic. I have tried many, many different varieties in my search for the perfect honey. I think that I've found it. Tupelo honey is incredible, buttery and smooth. It slips over the tongue like amber silk. There is absolutely nothing like it. The price of this honey comes from the fact that it's one of the rarest in the world (and becoming even rarer, as the forest where Tupelo is gathered has been getting smaller and smaller over the years), and the most difficult to produce (it comes from only one source, the White Tupelo Gum Tree, and is only gathered 2 days a year). Unlike other raw honeys, Tupelo honey does not crystallize or granulate. It stays silky-smooth down to the last drop. It's got the lowest dextrose sugar content of any honey, which makes it the better choice for those on sugar-restricted diets who want an occasional treat.

This honey isn't an everyday table honey. It's a luxury item, one meant to be used for special occasions. If you cherish it, and use it sparingly, the 20oz bottle will last you quite some time. I drizzle it over special desserts, or to sweeten my rarest and most special tea. The bottle itself is beautiful, and it would make a fabulous gift for the honey lover in your life.
on December 29, 2009
I just purchased and sampled this honey for the very first time. I am blown away!! This is truly fantastic. There really is no comparison to the other commercial honeys I've found at my local grocery store. Those are mainly 'clover' brands and the quality, texture, taste do not even compare. For those who may be a little taken aback by the price, just consider this. If an event only happens once per year and you are able to capture the magic of it in a bottle AND savor some special moments alone or with friends, how much is that worth? A lot more than the cost of this bottle! One of the tastiest treats that God every created was this honey. I say go for it and treat yourself. You only live once.
on April 17, 2009
Just a lot of money for a little honey. This would be why they don't say what size this is. The honey was good, but very very pricey.
It'd not right or nice to NOT list a size so a buyer can judge what they are getting. Other places carry this same honey, Tupelo for [...] for a 60 pound, 5 gallon pail and has free delivery to most of the US. I could fill 50 or more of these little 20oz bottles with that...
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse