5.0 out of 5 stars This should be in theaters, not sent straight to DVD!
I completely agree with the person who wondered why this is not being shown in theaters. I saw Savannah on "On Demand" on my TV and I feel a great injustice has been done to movie-goers by not letting them witness the outstanding performances of Jim Caviezel as Ward Allen, and Chiwetel Ejiofor as his companion, Christmas. I can just imagine the beautiful scenery of...
Published 10 months ago by tnmtnbreeze

3.0 out of 5 stars Although not yet in general release, saw this one on August 1, 2013
Actor Jim Caviezel was the name that grabbed my attention and convinced me to pay to watch this movie when it appeared in the on demand menu of my television. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Sam Shepard and Hal Holbrook also had roles in this film. I viewed it on August 1 , 2013 even though I wasn't expecting it to be available yet.

The film, based on...
Published 11 months ago by K. Corn

5.0 out of 5 stars He Did it Again, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Savannah (Amazon Instant Video)
I know I'm partial to Jim (who doesn't love him?) but he takes on this character with the skill and knowledge of the man himself who he plays that you can't tell where Jim Caviezel begins and Ward Allen ends. They appear to be one in the same, both in their natural element. I think Mr. Allen would be proud.
If you love stories based on fact, then this is yet another excellent film Jim portrays so deftly, I think these types are his forte. He's doing what Jimmy Stewart told him to do - 'make good movies'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A suprise small screen to-be-classic on early market hunting and life-style, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Savannah (DVD)
Thanks for Garden and Gun to discover and highlight this small gem. Caviezel outdoes his Tv character from Person of Interest and his lady of choice - radiant. Watch closely for a fine roster of character actors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Savannah, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Savannah (DVD)
The most interesting part about the movie was the relationship between the Jim Caviezel and Chiwetel Ejiofor characters. They were true friends during that period of time and wasn't ashamed. Seemed to me more like brothers than friends. Liked the way the two communicated; I feel these actors made their characters come alive. The Christmas character finally calls Ward by his first name indicating the friendship he really felt. Also, I liked the statement Christmas made and it was something like your world is not mine which seemed to initially have an effect but was brushed off. Their characters should have been more developed for that storyline was extremely good. I also gathered the Christmas character was also extremely intelligent but without the education his friend had (more signs of the times). Gave 5 stars because of the friendship the two shared, how it was portrayed (acting abilities), etc. Purchased the movie after streaming from Netflix and am glad I did.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone!, September 30, 2013
Movie was ok. It was slow and I didn't think that it was directed very well. This could have been so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to see this movie., September 13, 2013
This review is from: Savannah (DVD)
This movie is beautifully filmed highlighting the magic of the marshes and rivers of Savannah. If you are a New York critic that has never been in the outdoors and doesn't believe a film should be viewed and enjoyed by all ages then it might not be the film for you. I recommend you go see this movie and just sit back and enjoy a story from a time of the past. If you have ever visited or think of visiting Savannah it is a must watch. I have seen this movie and plan on buying it when it is available.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scenery, but garbled story., January 7, 2014
This review is from: Savannah (DVD)
I had a lot of hope for this movie. The story has a promising premise, but the writer, or perhaps the editor, did not bring it about in a coherent way. I gave up before seeing the end because it made little sense. Too much was left unexplained, and even what was explained, was done poorly.

5.0 out of 5 stars feel good movie, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Savannah (DVD)
great true story that will make you feel really good The cast was great and Jim Caviezel know how to act

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise, June 28, 2014
This review is from: Savannah (Amazon Instant Video)
This was definitely one of my surprise winners for 2013. It was way better than expected. Love the actors and loved the simple story. Scenery was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Film, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Savannah (DVD)
This true story about the legendary Ward Allen and the love of his life , Lucy Stubbs, is an exceptional film with extraordinary cinematography and a great cast.

2.0 out of 5 stars Savannah, May 26, 2014
This review is from: Savannah (Amazon Instant Video)
Kind of a let down. I feel like the movie had potential, yet the storyline was difficult to follow at times.

Savannah