Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

This 16-page 8"x8" book has the same basic storyline as the 48-page 9"x6" book "Green Team!". The Turtles come to the surface for the first time, and they battle the Kraang who have kidnapped a girl's scientist father. However, "Saved" is inferior to "Green" in several major ways.

First and foremost, "Green" has more illustrations and more text than "Saved." For example, "Green" has 8 illustrated pages about the TMNTs' origins and 15 years underground, while "Saved" has one un-illustrated sentence. In "Green," it is clear how the TMNTs found a pizza; in "Saved," we are left to wonder if they were rummaging through garbage, if they stole it, or whatever. "Green" has a character "Snake" (who mutates into "Snakeweed") that "Saved" lacks.

Second, if you want your child to read the story her/himself, the font size is smaller ("Green" is about 22 point, "Saved" is about 14 point).

Third, "Saved" is staple-bound as opposed to the perfect-bound (i.e., glued) "Green." Its expected lifetime is thus shorter.

Finally, it is more violent in one passage in the middle which goes "One bad guy was left behind. Michelangelo hit him with his nunchucks." The corresponding scene in "Green" has the gentler "Michelangelo chased him into an alley and finally won the fight."

The only ways in which "Saved" is better than "Green" are minor: (a) the important parts of the illustrations are about 50% larger (e.g., the picture on the last page of "Saved" is about 340 sq cm excluding the part above the arch, as opposed to 224 sq cm in "Green"); and (b) it has 32 stickers of the TMNTs in different poses. So I'm giving this book only 3 stars, and suggest you buy "Green Team!" instead.
on September 2, 2013
My ninja turtle fan is 5. He loves this book! It is in our bedtime book rotation. I think he even has it just about memorized we have read it so much. He also had fun with the stickers. I let him decorate the inside cover, front and back, with them. Has a nice personalized touch without interfering with the actual book/story. I would definitely recommend this book!
on August 28, 2014
Very summed up version of the first episode of the current tmnt shows. So as much of a fan my son is he was not that thrilled with the story, he's still happy he has it but it was just okay. But fair for the price, especially with the nice size and amount of stickers that comes in it.
on February 25, 2014
My 3 Year old son loved this book when I gave it to him. It explains the basic story of the TMT's (which as a parent I appreciated!) Just the right length for him, and he loves to look through it and have it read to him.
on December 24, 2012
My 4 year olds are turtle crazy, so I thought this would be a nice addition to the Kindle Fire for them, but it's a little over their heads yet. It is very short, and, as the description says, a recap of the first episode of the new series only. It leaves a lot to be desired, maybe for 99c I would have given it a higher review, but I could have purchase a real paperback for the price of this app.
on November 3, 2015
This is an amazing book, my little brother loves these books and I can see why. They are fun and exiting and have a lot of action in them, the idea of mutant turtles that are martial arts students and that fight aliens and save N.Y.C is CRAZY exiting I can see why they are a hit series among child's and many teens and some adults too. Anyway I love this book and I recommend it to young boys and girls I hope u enjoy it!!!!!!!!
on April 12, 2016
S
Solomon's unninijnjnj flamethrower to go back in town of your own levels of course not be the first place on a noon or something else for kids are in my head

Come through it what is going well
with this one day
on December 11, 2012
My son will love this book to read and for the stickers. Purchased as a Christmas Gift. Hope to get more of the series since my son loves the videos, he might be more inclined to read the stories as well.
on December 4, 2012
If your 4yr old loves the new cartoon on Nick, then they need this book. It is a short retelling of the first ep. A great learner book or one before bed. And it has stickers too!
on January 1, 2014
Great illustrations, but lacked any sort of plot or purpose. My kids, teenage mutant ninjas turtle fans were just excited to hear, about some of there favorite characters.