5.0 out of 5 stars This is a "superfood" I would trust
Published on March 4, 2012 by Seeker of Handy Tools

2.0 out of 5 stars Taste is Unique
I tried this product because of its claim to have as much FA as Salmon. That may be true, but the price is the same as wild salmon and the plastic non-recycleable packaging does not make up for its sustainability claim. Feed this food to the fish and I will eat the fish.

Besides that, they tasted salty and similar to hemp seed.

Immediately after I...
Published on April 15, 2011 by Intense4life

2.0 out of 5 stars Taste is Unique, April 15, 2011
This review is from: SaviSeed Oh Natural (5oz = 142g One Bag) Inca Peanuts Savi Seed Brand: Sequel (Health and Beauty)

Besides that, they tasted salty and similar to hemp seed.

Immediately after I bought this product, as with other products on this site, the price increased. I would not buy this product again from this retailer. However, I would buy it again if they decreased the price, used a green bag, and increased the weight of the product. I gave it a 2 because the taste was not good, but not bad, so-so. I would buy it again, but only if the manufacture and retailer changed some things

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a "superfood" I would trust, March 4, 2012
Savi brand Sacha Inchi Seeds are outstanding. Very good flavor and texture, and the nutritional and health benefits are amazing. One can not say for certain whether a specific food is as good for you as most of the claims, but I do trust this one. I had purchased a different brand of the same seeds (but roasted with tamari), and they tasted rancid. I returned them to Whole Foods, and bought Savi Seeds from my local health food store. We are well into the second package and are very pleased with them. I've done a good deal of reading about these, and I am impressed with the facts about the protein, fiber and Omega-3 content of the seeds. Savi makes a very high quality product, and the natural sun drying of the seeds does not destroy the healthful properties as roasting would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, June 22, 2011
These seeds are amazing! I saw them on the Dr. Oz show and could not wait to try them. They have a slightly odd flavor but with the caramel they are delicious. Love that Omega 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd tasting, April 24, 2011
I'm all for healthy snack foods, and these have a pretty good nutritional profile, but I want foods to taste good as well as be good for me.

These don't quite hit the mark. The first few taste unappealingly fishy (the high Omega-3 content? But chia seeds are high in it as well and don't have that kind of flavor, so maybe it's something else).

On the plus aside, after a few, it's not really noticeable, and they have a pleasant crunch to them. Another negative: one of the seeds in the bag tasted very moldy. Yuk.

Another obvious negative is the price.

I probably won't be getting these again. I'll stick to chia seeds for a pleasant-tasting way of getting high omega-3 levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, April 22, 2011
I really enjoyed these. I saw an ad in Vegetarian Times magazine and I wanted to try them. I could not find them locally so I ordered them on Amazon. They were very tasty and I would definitely buy more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different kind of taste, June 3, 2011
Boosts about being a seed rather than a nut, more like a nut to me. Even with that being said was surprisingly good. Has a different taste and flavor than what is your normal American tasting nuts. Is filling to the stomach and does not require the whole bag to satisfy. Karmalized was crunchy. Has the salty and sweet together. Daughter wanted to steal my bag away from me. So she liked too! A little pricey but worth a treat occasionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are good, May 4, 2011
DJS (Lexington, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I just received my order and these are really good. Good enough that I logged on to order more however it would now cost $15.81 including shipping to get a bag while the bag I just received was $12.95 including shipping. The other flavor is still available for $12.95 so i may try them and I will order the cocoa kissed savi seeds when the cost goes back down. They are expensive but I like the taste with the cocoa covering and the high omega 3 is a great bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them, February 10, 2013
These aren't some cheap low quality candy made with high fructose corn syrup, so don't expect them to taste as overly sweet as "normal candy".. They are ridiculously healthy seeds covered in a little all natural dark chocolate. I think they're great. I try to eat well, but my chocolate addiction was holding me back. Now I have a few of these after lunch and a few after dinner, and I'm satisfied. One serving (about 15 pieces) has 4g of fiber, 6g of protein, and 12% of DRA of Iron, Omega 3, and no artificial ingredients, which I can't say for any "normal candy". I make the 5oz bag last a week, and buy them at a local health food store for around $7.50. I'll keep buying them, and can't wait to try the other favors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, March 12, 2012
Bought a 1oz bag for $2.29 and I sure am glad I didn't spend $12 bucks on these things. I bought the caramelized sugar variety. I was lured by the nutritional claims. They don't taste very good, and a few seemed almost rancid. I found myself checking the expiration date on the bag. I ate the whole bag, not because I liked them, but I wanted those nutrients they say they have. While some of these high ranking reviews seem to be reviews put out by someone paid by the company to do so, I feel that that 2 to 3 star range is more accurate. Like others have said..you can buy other products that have comparable health benefits, are less expensive, and taste a whole lot better! I personally like chia seeds a lot, for the health benfits and mild taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME. I just wish the price was lower., August 23, 2011
My kids and I love these!! They taste a bit like peanut m&ms but better - and of course healthier! The only downside is the price - this 5oz bag contains 5 servings. But they are so great, and such an easy way to get kids to eat something healthy, that I will have to buy more.

ARRAY(0xd8b2a164)

SaviSeed Oh Natural (5oz = 142g One Bag) Inca Peanuts Savi Seed Brand: Sequel
$9.99 $7.99
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.