5.0 out of 5 stars Save money without scrimping on taste!
Published 23 months ago by D. C. Wiggs

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper
Good tips. But I am already more frugal than she. Don't buy canned soups. I make my own white sauces and add what ever.
Published 22 months ago by Maggie

5.0 out of 5 stars Save money without scrimping on taste!, December 23, 2012
D. C. Wiggs (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saving Money in the Kitchen: Frugal Cooking Tips and Recipes (The Frugal Living Series) (Kindle Edition)
After the amount of money as a family we've just spent on Christmas presents, this book couldn't have arrived at a better time! Louise has packed the first part of this book with invaluable information on pantry essentials, how to shop smart and other excellent money saving tips. The second part of the book is jammed full of frugal recipes, that despite costing very little, are delicious and healthy too! Perfect reading for every family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ideas for Eating Better for Less, December 28, 2012
Using just a few of the many ideas in this book will save my family several hundred dollars. You can tell the author is writing from years of experience. The many recipes are unique; I will definitely be trying the Nutty Mushrooms & Rice. Also the resources in the back of the book, like the free coupon site and more recipes, were a pleasant surprise. I would recommend this book to anyone, whether they are on a tight budget or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book! Great for anyone wanting to save money., January 3, 2013
I got this book on 'loan' and was so pleased with it that I now own it! I also ended up loaning it to my mom so she could start getting back to saving money in the kitchen.

There is a lot to be said about saving money these days, and for anyone who has ever said 'how could I have spent that much on groceries?' Then this book is for you. This is a fatalistic resource for learning how to get stocked up and spend less. Great tips and wonderful frugal recipes. Two of my favourite recipes were the pizza rolls and the monkey bread which I have lost the recipe to a feed ages ago. (It is called monkey cake in here and made the same way, but I grew up calling it monkey bread!)

I recommend grabbing this book. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas!, January 3, 2013
I'm always on the run...Great ways to save money and tasty meals. Good job!

I would definitely recommend this little book to singles and families alike.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper, January 9, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't want to save money?, January 5, 2013
Jeannie (Southwest Georgia) - See all my reviews
Pretty much common sense with some recipes mixed in. I would imagine the older generation is already doing these things. Probably some good advice for young people just starting out on their own.

2.0 out of 5 stars I've read better...., August 7, 2013
I've read quite a few money saving blogs that have better ideas and recipes than in this book. However it was worth reading this just for a simple pantry list.

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy book if you don't do the Grocery Game, February 26, 2013
This is pretty much the explanation for The Grocery Game and how it works. If you've never signed up for it or want to know how to do it yourself, this book is a great find.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some helpful hints, January 12, 2013
This book has several tips and recipes. There are some websites to go to where you can find more recipes and money saving ideas. Louise explains some of the wording on pkgs, such as use by and best by.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, January 12, 2013
This was another book I got that I didn't find very interesting. I would recommend that you preview the contents before purchasing.