Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saving Private Ryan: The Men, the Mission, the Movie : A Film by Steven Spielberg (Newmarket Pictorial Moviebooks)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 23, 1999
Saving Private Ryan and The Triumph and the Glory have sparked an interest in me about WWII. The novel isn't quite as good as the movie but anyway this book is a great behind the scenes look at the making of a terrific movie.
on August 7, 1998
When we hear announcements of American forces being sent somewhere in the world, we do not know what that means. There is nowhere in modern America for us to gauge this experience, and sacrifice. This movie will help everyone to know just what battle can mean. We need to know personally of the sacrifice asked, and the stakes involved. The only other war movie that came close to imparting this experience was "Full Metal Jacket". There were instances in that film that were too surreal to be believed, however, I have no doubt that similar, stranger instances actually happened.
My father fought in WWII, as did my Father-in-law. I visit my father-in-law at the veterans home in Peru Illinois, and can see the carnage that this war caused in the lives of those who made the sacrifice.
This film will help everyone to understand that sacrifice.
on March 29, 1999
I saw the movie & was blown away by it. I wouldn't recommend this book to people who haven't seen the movie or read SPR: THE NOVEL. This book isn't good for people who can't stand seeing gory pictures. Seeing them really brings back memories from the film. The horrors of war can be found in this book, the film, & novel. It also has some of the actor's feelings about the film & what they went through with the making of Saving Private Ryan. GET IT!
on April 28, 2016
Lots of pictures but a little short on text. I was hoping it would have more information on the making of the film. It does cover some of it but not in much detail. Still a nice book for fans of the film.
on January 4, 2015
GREAT BOOK ........ only complaint is that I wish it was larger an more in depth ........ would really have liked to see more of the behind the scenes photos and so on ......... but I still love this book
on July 5, 1999
Saving Private Ryan is purely unique. The movie itself was breathtaking, making you wake up and realize that these people, mere teenagers, were risking all they ever knew to rid the world of the Nazi terror. It blew me away to think that this really happened in our world, that we could kill our brothers without knowing why. This book is truely a great companion to the film. It gives you the little things you may have missed while watching the movie, and helps you understand the movie better. I reccommend this book to the Saving Private Ryan enthusiast, and to anyone who wants to know more about this period in history. I congratulate the makers of the film and the writers of the book for helping the world to remember the events and tragedies of the Second World War. I pray that through great accomplishments like these masterpieces, we shall not forget how lucky we really are and how important it is for this not to happen again, for the good of all mankind.
on July 9, 1999
This movie was one that I was not able to watch completely the first time, but rather had to keep coming back to it because of the reality was what war is really about. It was so dramatic and real that I will never look at war in the same prespective, but rather as something we should never go into again, in any shape or form. Too many lives were lost and not enough was done for the war veterans that returned. They should have held a place right next to the President of the United States, because if they had not fought, we would not be enjoying the type of liberty we have today.
on July 29, 1998
The subject matter is gripping and educational,made even more impressive by the extraordinary photographs .The quotes and comments make this a fascinating read and the quality of the archive-like photography taken during shooting of the movie brings the realities and horrors of WWII very clearly into our consciousness.These photos and writings in no way glamorize or' Hollywoodize' the subject matter,they are a moving tribute to all those that made the ultimate sacrifice on the beahes of Normany and in the trenches.
on December 18, 1998
Whether your interest is WWII, film making or accurate history, it's a book you must read, and have your kids read. It'll give you a better insight into the film. Keep it: It may be the only accurate reference to what really happened on June 6, '44 long after that date has no meaning to future generations. (Especially when, even now, most kids don't even know the significance or Dec. 7, 1941!)
on October 26, 1998
You want to read a book about war, about a movie and a mission, the mission of Steven Spielberg, you have to read this book cause of its great story, its great photographs and its creator Steven Spielberg and its great players Tom Hanks and the others!!!! It's worth the money!!! (And don't forget to watch the movie!!!)