Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 2, 2007
I am a sixth grade teacher in Orem, Utah and my students have fallen in love with the Maximum Ride books. I have been a long time fan of Patterson's adult fiction and always thought my students would love his quick page turning style. I was right. When Max 1 came out a couple years ago it quickly became their favorite. I wrote to James and commented on my students' love for Max and the gang so he sent me an advanced reader's copy of Max 2. It was a great lesson to my kids that authors care about their audience. It helped increase their love for the stories and, ultimately, reading. Max 3 came out this May with only a day left of school, so we held a read-aloud-a-thon and read Max 3 for the entire school day. We ended up about 3/4 of the way through and the students were screaming when they had to go home (a teacher's dream). The books are wonderful for kids who do not like books. I have had dozens of students begin a love for reading all different books as a result of Maximum Ride. I cannot thank James Patterson enough for inspiring kids to love reading!
on September 11, 2007
What a ride! I'm an adult with teenagers and I often read what they read. This book is a great ride. It's written mostly in the first person with down-to-earth street language (minus the curse words) which works well. By the middle of the book you find yourself convinced that the mutant characters could exist; their world is real. We can't wait till the rest in the series comes in the mail!
on January 7, 2016
As the mom to daughters who read above their grade level, I am constantly looking for books that will last them more than a day but will not be over their heads, James Patterson is amazing at this! We all love his books (from ages 13 to 37) and every book he has written has kept us all entertained! The pace is steady and you do not have to worry about being bored because the characters and their situations will keep you on your toes! This )plus many others) will be going on the bookshelf to be re-read...it's that good!
on June 20, 2007
I could praise this book in so many ways. Max is even more likeable now, and I'm glad that Fang's blog is actually part of the book as more than just a little extra, and I found some parts that were absolutely hilarious (everything with ter Borcht in it, basically).

This book is so wonderful. Just as good as the rest of the series, and I am so sad that it's over. I am definitely going to find some more James Patterson books...
on November 11, 2014
The third installment of the Maximum Ride series was just as adventurous and intriguing as the previous two. The book was full of twists and turns and unexpected developments. I admittedly didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous ones, but only for one reason. There was an agenda that came out in this part of the story that had not been nearly so strong before. I think it would have been just as entertaining a story without the political agenda. That being said, I am still fully intending on reading the next book as soon as I get my hands on it.
on September 3, 2015
This book, to start off, is the best book I have ever read. It has a very good plot, coming from the buildup of the previous books before it. It seems to be in the climax area of the whole plot altogether. What happens is the flock finally figures out all about the main villains, Itex. They Just escaped from one of their facilities when Max and Fang, the flock's most important two members, start getting arguments. Max thought that they had to save the world from Itex, while Fang wanted to just let the world end so there wouldn’t be anything to worry about anymore. The arguments get so out of hand, that the flock splits into two! So Max, Nudge, Angel,Total, and even Ari start saving the world their own way, while Fang, The Gasman, and Iggy Go their own way to save the world. Both of their methods actually worked in the end, ironically. At the end there's your typical happy ending. I don't want to give away too much of what happens but that is the amazing plot of this amazing book.
The second thing is that this book, like the series, doesn't follow along with the natural nature of twists. You would think that there would be your normal period of confusion that sparks your interest in the book, then it would end before another confusing twist occurs, right? Wrong. In this book none of that happens. They will give you a beginning twist, but what they do is they add ANOTHER twist to EXTEND the period of confusion, messing with your brain until at the end of the section or even at the end of a chapter! Other books don't do that at all. They will just explain everything right away so that the rest of the story is quite predictable. In this book, you never know what's going on, only what direction things are going in.
The third and final reason I like this book is that it is written very well, using the right twists at the right times, to make you be at the edge of your seat in excitement the whole time. It's sure to make even the brightest bananas in the bunch to question about anything that happens in this book. No twist or scene will go without you saying “what the heck?”. But the action is not the only thing that makes this a great book. The humor that the characters have, even at the face of death, and the humor embedded in the book itself are hilarious in a way that really makes doing this task of saving the world look like a fun, no sweat, no risk deal. Which isn't even true!
So overall I give this book five stars for having amazing character development, great humor, actually legit descriptions, and being a fun ride all the way from the beginning to the end. Which I can expect from the next book in the series too.

--Onix
on January 11, 2011
i always was excited throughout this whole book! there was not one single part that was boring!!!! this is a must read for all tweens and teens!!!! there is something for everyone in this book! romance, humor, action, adventure, etc.
on January 3, 2014
I read several books in this series and really enjoyed them. My oldest niece wanted something to read, so I bought these for her. She read each book in about 2 days! Needless to say, she loved them.

In case anyone doesn't know about the books, they're about a group of special children on the run from diabolical people who want to use them for evil purposes. You can't help but grow to care about them and they take you on some hair-raising journeys. Enjoyable for 12 yo's and up.
on August 31, 2013
Teens and their parents will find the characters and plots in the Maximum Ride series to be believable and exciting. My middle school students couldn't put these novels down. Written for youth, these books grab the interest and attention of young readers as well as seasoned Patterson fans. Do you have a reluctant reader at home? This series is for both genders, is not a sappy romance, and captures the kids' imaginations.
on July 15, 2012
After all these characters have been through, this book was a virtual, although not perfect, vindication for it all and it almost made all of it worth it. I really enjoyed this book for several reasons. I won't bore you with a plot summary because other reviewers are fond of doing that. This book was full of action, for those of you who like that, and also full of heart wrenching emotion, for those of you who get into that kind of thing, as well. Many questions are answered, but more are left not completely explained or still comopletely unanswered. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. If you liked the first two books in the series, give this one a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a wild "ride" and it's worth it!