Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 1, 2010
Everything I've cooked, baked and broiled in this oven has turned out great tasting. The amount of fat that comes out of skinless chicken breast is amazing while the broiled chicken is still tender and juicy-talk about low fat!
This product comes with a glass bowl, lower and upper racks and, lift out tongs and a cookbook with extra charts and guides, in the the back. An outstanding value. The temperture dial is marked with both Farenhiet and Celcius and the timer dings when the oven has reached the set temperature.
This is a great appliance to add to your kitchen and I would reccmend it for anyone who wants to lower the satuated fat in their diet while still eating delicious meals.
on July 23, 2010
I just got one of ovens as a gift on July 5, 2010. My first thought was, oh no, another appliance that I don't have the space for, but after the first use, I decided I really like it. I can cook multiple items at the same time and most of what I've cooked has been excellent (especially steaks). It takes a little getting used to because the time and temperature that it normally takes to cook something is different than a regular oven or a microwave. It is not as fast as a microwave either, but foods come out nicely browned (unlike a microwave) and healthier than fried foods. This would be an ideal appliance for a dorm room, camping, traveling, or when you don't want to fire up your big oven to cook. I have wondered if the unit was getting hot enough, because I've seen advertisements for similar units where the heating coils are glowing red hot but mine barely glow, and it takes food longer to cook than I expected from reading ads. But, now for the bad news, last night I was making dinner in this oven and I had it on high, and I heard a snap. I went over and looked at the glass bowl and it had cracked. I guess it must be hot enough, because it cracked even though I didn't think it was that hot. It's still under warranty, so I don't expect any problem getting it replaced, but it's still kind of a drag. I need to wait for 2 weeks until the person who gave it to me comes back from vacation so I can get the receipt and warranty, then send it back in for replacement. I've only used the oven maybe 6 times in 2 weeks. Don't know why it would have cracked, but maybe just a one in a million fluke. I like it so much I'll give it another chance though. Therefore, instead of 5 stars, 4 stars. I'll update the review depending on how things go with the replacement process and the results of using the replacement.
on July 15, 2011
This really has replaced a number of appliances in my tiny apt kitchen! For the first month I kept it on a rack in the dining area and brought over to my little bit of kitchen counter when I wanted to use it. Since I used it every night I finally gave in and put away my big toaster oven and this now occupies the prime real estate of the only corner counter area in the kitchenette. I put the toaster oven on the storage rack in the dining area and moved my big George Foreman grill that was on that rack to a closet. This might not be as pretty as big red toaster oven or even the GF grill, but it has them both beat for cooking and function has won over form in my place. The only cooking appliance I keep out besides this is my little 2 slice toaster. This hasn't replaced my Fagor pressure cooker but between the cooker and this, I can make just about anything quickly without heating up that little kitchenette.

I have made several whole turkey breasts, many London broils and countless shaked/baked porkchops & chicken breasts. Along with sides of roasted potatoes or fries or onion rings. This is a wonderful appliance for a single or a couple who don't want to put up with utility bill and heat output of the big oven. Also much easier to clean than big oven! My only complaint is that the metal heat shield is hard to clean attached to machine and requires dissassembly to clean properly - at the risk of stripping fittings/screws.

I purchased reasonably priced accessories for it (extender ring, tongs, browning tray) from Fagor's website as they have a similar oven and everything has fit beautifully. Actually, this machine is a twin of one of the Easy Cook Health Ovens sold in Australia and you can check out their website for more recipes/videos.

Note: I purchased this from an auction site at significant savings but although it was billed as new, it was obviously a factory refurb in a white plain box and it had baked on grease on the shield over the elements and residue of whatever cleaner they had tried to clean the grease off with. So it took me about an hour to remove the shield (one screw was a bit stripped by the refurber, I think)and give the metal shield a good once over with a scouring pad. I got lucky and my oven works just fine but I took a chance.

When this does eventually break down (I have had it six months and it is used almost every day at least one meal) I will certainly pick up another.
on June 9, 2012
I loved my savourex proline countertop convection oven until the black temperature degrees and timer marks on the top cover wiped off. I called where I purchased it and also the company where they were made and they cannot tell me what they were.

Now it's useless to me because I tried guessing the temperature and it didn't cook and I had to cook it in my microwave.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me this information so I can write the temp and degrees down and use it again.

I also purchased the 3" extender for it and it was well worth the extra $20.00.
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2011
I was excited to get this appliance. Plus side,It cooks the food all the way through without having to turn it over, takes less time. How ever I only gave it 2 stars because the food is not hot when you eat it, it's only warm and goes cold quickly. I am not ready to toss out all my other appliances it claims to replace because I still have to use my microwave to make my food hot enough. I have cooked chicken and beef with this. I followed the instructions closely, I am disappointed, i do not like eating cold chicken unless it's on a salad. I would not recommend this appliance to any one.