Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 14, 2011
Savvy Savings by Stockpiling Moms is a great tool for learning to live Savvy. It offers tips on stockpiling, collecting coupons, strategies for shopping, storing your stockpile, menu planning, shopping different stores, eating out and budgeting. There is even a chapter for the holidays. The part I like the most is the coupon lingo section. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what couponer's mean and this just spells it all out for you. This book is a must for anyone learning to coupon or just trying to save money. I highly recommend this book.
on December 12, 2011
This is a great book for anyone looking for a starter tool to learn how to save money on daily day living expenses. There are great tips on planning meals, couponing, starting your stockpile and so much more! I would highly recommend!
on December 30, 2011
Great book with lots of resources, websites, tips, ideas and secrets for couponing, food storage and stretching your budget.
This is a good book for starting off the new year and keeping your goals of doing better financially or getting your food storage stocked. While I'm not into major couponing I have found using them has helped me save $$, especially now that stores are doing double coupons.
I use a weekly menu service that prints out my recipes and shopping list. I save a lot of time and money doing this.
These ladies have a blog that's worth reading also: stockpilingmoms.com.
The book was easy to read even though I had to reread certain sections a couple of times to get the idea for the best way to coupon. I looked up the sites the ladies mentioned, tried a few of their tricks and am going to try and few ideas. I read this easily in one day.
Anyone can benefit from this book!
on January 16, 2012
Let's be honest stockpiling can be a full time job if you are really looking to save a ton of money. Before reading Savvy Saving by Melissa Jennings and Shelley King, I thought that I would have to give up my work at home job just to save my family money by couponing. After reading the book, I learned way that I could do this on my own terms and to fit our family's budget. While the idea of stockpiling is a great idea, I know that I would become obsessed with it all and never get anything done. Instead, I'm going to take a lot of the great tips that they suggest and figure out what works best for me.

There were so many keywords and phrases in the stockpiling world that I had never heard of before. I thought couponing was just that: cutting coupons and using them to save money. I didn't know about all the strategies involved and how organized you had to be to make sure you are saving a great deal of money and possible finding items that are a "moneymaker" (one of the new words I learned).

I'm definitely what you call a causal saver. I've never gone out of my way to save money, but with this economy and being a one income family with 3 kids (2 in diapers), I will most like up my game. There was even a section in the book about how you can save on diapers and get them for cheap.

Readers will learn from the collective expertise of Jennings and King as they share tips for frugal living and teach how to build a stockpile and how to live a debt-free life. "Around the new year, everyone wants to start saving money and eating healthy, but few ever do," says Jennings. "Our book has tips and tricks that can really help people achieve their goals."

The menu planning chapter really spoke to me the most because this is an issue that I deal with on a daily basis. I stand in front of my fridge and cannot figure out what to make my family for dinner. While I always make sure that my kids get a mixture of food groups, we tend to eat a lot of the same foods. They are too picky of eaters so I would like to get a set schedule going so that everyone knows what to expect for the month. Figuring out dinner is a time consuming task for me since I really hate the planning part of it all. I plan to utilize the tips that Melissa and Shelley provided to make this aspect of my life a little easier.

As a work at home mom, it is imperative that I use my time wisely and also save my family money along the way. It doesn't matter if you are a stay at home parent or work outside the home, saving money is a great way to teach your children how to live debt free and use their money wisely.
on December 27, 2011
I purchased this book after reading about it on Stockpilingmoms.com. I read it cover to cover without putting it down! It is so full of valuable, money saving information for anyone to use - from the grocery store to drugstores to saving money for a dream vacation. I have used coupons for about 15 years, but started getting serious a few years ago. Savvy Saving brough everything together to help me save money on my monthly grocery bill by shopping smarter with coupons and sale cycles. Thank you for all of the hard work you do on a daily basis and for this book!
on December 30, 2011
Before reading this book I was bouncing around to several different couponing sites but was still confused on how to actually attempt it. I read Savvy Saving: Couponing Secrets from Stockpiling Moms and now I have a clear understanding with a step by step plan on how I am going to save hundreds per month. We all could, right? I've already stockpiled a few items by using the simple strategies in this book and I can't wait to outgrow my pantry and see my savings pay off for our family. Additionally, I have subscribed to Stockpilingmoms.com's blog and they basically tell you every week what to stockpile on. How much easier can it get?! LOVED the book!
on December 13, 2011
This book is a great one for tips on saving money. It's a quick easy read and wonderful reference book to help you save money. I'm excited to use some of the tricks of the trade this book shares. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in tracking their spending habits. Great read!!!
on February 22, 2012
I thought the book was very basic. I first learned about this from a different website. You probably know the one..."weuse..." they went on and on about how great this book was. After reading it, "i'm thinking wow..I wasted money on this." Everything they said you can find on a google search or that extreme couponing show. I guess it's ok if you never used a coupon before in your life other than that don't waste your cash. Oh-the clincher was them telling people how to lose weight. really?
on January 20, 2012
I have gone to a couple of Melissa & Shelley's couponing classes. There was so much information that it was hard to write it all down and digest it in an hour. I was so glad they came out with this book. Now if I know if something triggers an idea that I heard them talk about, I can go back and look it up. It is a great reference guide. A lot of good ideas that you can put to use right away.

Their website is great also. I especially love the match-ups that they do. The first week that I put it to use and got $10 of pens for free! Talk about a coupon high!

I bought one as a gift for a friend and it is hard not to buy a bunch more as gifts for people who I know would like to learn more.
on January 20, 2012
I received this book as a gift and I must say that this is one of the best gifts a couponer can receive. Once I received the book I simply could not put it down, not that I wanted to either. It is an easy read and is loaded with information for couponers of all kinds. I have 2 kids and was able to get this book read in record time!!

I have been couponing for awhile and thought I was doing great but after reading this book I learned so much more!! I Can not wait to go put my new knowledge to use! If you have ever wanted to attend a class but can't, this book is the class!! There are sections for everything from how to get coupons, how to stay organized, how to shop at stores, how to make shopping list with the coupon match up, and lots more! They even list websites, other than there own, to help you save the most for your family. These ladies have litterly made a coupon bible!

Thank you ladies for putting all of your knowledge in one place in an easy and enjoyable read!!