Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

This CD is so much fun it's unbelievable. It makes me happy and energetic every time I put it on. Plus I saw them in person in Oakland and it was just as good. Do yourself a favor and get it!
on March 19, 2002
Kicking horns, lively beats, syncopation...
This music is intoxicating... I have been listening to it for years and I can listen to it daily and it always sound lively.
Gets me moving when I need to move. Takes me up if I feel low.
And you can DANCE to the whole thing!!!
EVERY person I have introduced to this music enjoyed it... most turned around and bought their own CD's!!! Even my stodgy brother, a professor of music who listens for mistakes at concerts enjoyed THIS group.
BUY IT! I can't imagine you regretting!
on September 7, 2006
Read ANY history of Putumayo World Music,and it was Dan Storper's "eureka!" moment listening to Kotoja sing in Golden Gate Park that inspired him to start his world music label.No longer would he play heavy metal&punk rock in his imports stores.Kotoja was the group that had the sound he was looking for.

Kotoja is still performing;sadly,this album is out of print,and their albums are not readily available.They are great singers,bringing together African&Western sensibilities.

The highlights on this album are "Atide","Vami Duwe","Oberi,Oberi" (a beautiful lullaby),"Stay on me","Sawale","Come back home" and "Money wahala" (the lyrics go "Money wahala,money trouble.")The songs are catchy and spirited.This is a must for any Afropop fan;sadly,this album is no longer in print.
on October 19, 1998
I have this CD on at work, and people are always asking about it. Kotoja has really put together a great mix of music and musical styles. They have other CDs that I like (all with a similar good-feel groove). Enjoy!
on January 30, 2007
So true! This CD **is** Putumayo to the core. Happy music, danceable music, energic, joyful, full of life, international...and...it will teach you something new every time you listen to it. Get this one.
on July 13, 1998
This is a great CD. Jazzy, Carribean and African rolled up with a smile, if you're not grooving to kotoja you're missing out.
on April 15, 2015
I have this compilation in cassette and I am glad to buy the CD compilation. Love every track and every tune. It is a joyful collection and could dance to the tunes all day.
on October 24, 2013
I love it.
on February 27, 2010
I'd never heard of this group until I happened to hear them perform at a conference. They are fantastic and a lot of fun to listen to, highly recommended if you like world music!