‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected :), July 9, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD just from the few reviews that I had read about Britt. It is fantastic. It is very upbeat with some great guitar work and some poppy beats without being overbearing... great CD and I would highly recommend it! I can't wait for her next album!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!! Amazing Debut!!, May 22, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
I heard Britt's new single on the radio a few weeks ago. I was instantly drawn in by the lyrics, the sound, and the sound of her voice!! She has the total package!! This CD is awesome! Love it! Highly recommend!! Mainstream sound, with an incredible message.

5.0 out of 5 stars You go girl!, August 26, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
I am so glad I puchased this CD. Britt has really captured my heart with her tight beats and comforting lyrics. She sings about the everyday troubles we go through and I find her music truly inspiring. God has used her in a wonderful way to reach out to His children and I would recommend this album to anyone! Also, I should definitely mention that she has a very contemporary sound so beware: it gets the party jumpin'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first cd, June 8, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
The samples I heard at a Christian bookstore sounded promising, so I bought it. Promise fulfilled! I especially like 1, 2, and I think track 6 is my favorite right now. I hope Britt Nicole can pull of the same on her next CD; good messages, good tunes and good mixing. Not the typical sappy stuff one often hears on KLOV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD!, July 26, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
I first heard Britt Nicole on the Winter Jam tour, and was really impressed with her vocal talent & musical style!

This CD is not a disappointment, it's great! It's a wonderful pick-me-up, with songs that range from ones that want to make you dance, to more pop-ballad like songs.

Every song is wonderful! I can't wait to hear more from Britt! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD! Talented young artist., September 27, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
I heard one of her songs on a local Christian radio station and really liked it. I bought this CD for my teenage daughters and they love the songs, style of music and Britt's voice. She is a talented young artist. We hope to hear more of her on the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, July 13, 2007
Deaja "Deaja" (Clinton Tonwhsip, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
This CD is incredible. I love it! It's the perfect blend of fast songs, slow songs, fun songs that still make you think, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christian Rock!, March 30, 2008
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
this is a great Christian rock band, if you listen to Lifehouse or bands similar to them, then you will love Britt Nicole.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this cd, September 5, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
I really injoy this cd and listen to it all the time. the music is up beat and the lyrics are meaningful and fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for teen pop, August 23, 2007
This review is from: Say It (Audio CD)
There's an unfortunate premise in the Christian music industry that seldom seems challenged: only teenagers listen to the sound often referred to as "Top 40". Because of this, anything with a solid danceable beat and catchy hooks will also usually be weighed down with topical matter that limits its appeal.

On here, the two tracks this happens most on are "When She Cries" (a song about "cutters", kids who vent their frustrations by venting their veins) and "Don't Worry Now", an attempt to soothe children of divorce.

Aside from those two, however, most of the topics are more universal leaving you with a snappy up-to-the-minute pop album with a little bit of musical bite here and there. Imagine Christina Aguilera's recent work with a British accent and you're on your way to the sound.

HIGHLIGHTS:
"Holiday" is focused on the more adult concern of high-stress and the need for R&R and sets the tone for the disk with jaunty synth strings creating a bouncy 'day off' vibe. "Sunshine Girl" sounds ready made for Top 40 with its message that whatever you want, Britt's your gal: "I could be your sunshine girl/Or the company to your misery/I could be the quiet one/Or the life of the party". "Ready" also sounds poised for mainstream success with a lyric that suggests ditching a no-good boyfriend but is actually a subtle farewell to a pre-Christian way of life. ("You left me with scars/But He healed my heart/I found my place/Secure in His arms") "Good Day" layers a retro synth sound on top of its bass heavy club drone sounding not unlike Shiny Toy Guns.

LOWS:
"Don't Worry Now" feels really manipulative and obvious. Clearly it wants to be the next anthem for kids of divorce but it's too syrupy for its own good.

BOTTOM LINE:
If she doesn't stagnate (or get squeezed further into teen topics by her record label) Britt Nicole could have some staying power. There's an awful lot of instant singalongs on here.

3 1/2 stars

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Say It
Say It by Britt Nicole (Audio CD - 2007)