Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > 11/22/63: A Novel forum

Say it ain't so, Steve

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 77 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 1:38:42 PM PST
kim jones says:
I believe Mr King is a liberal truly and completely, and that's fine but a good writer needs to be close to reality in his descripitions of people. Mr King has been veering away from reality for sometime he writes really harsh things about conservative characters in his books and he ruins some good stories with that ugliness. He comes off as being bitter about something maybe he is depressed, it happens.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 3:34:00 PM PST
J. Brandt says:
I'm 100 pages into this new Stephen King book and it's excellent. I don't care if he's liberal, conservative, etc...I really could care less. Why is King's political views an issue? If you don't want to read his stuff then don't. I consider myself an Ayn Rand type believer and enjoy King's books.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 7:46:33 PM PST
S. Blodgett says:
This plot is ripped straight from Quantum Leap.

Under the Dome took the plot from the Simpsons movie.

King is creatively bankrupt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 1:23:44 AM PST
Another ignorant rant against King. King started to write Under the Dome more than 20 years ago but your mind age seems to fall short of grasping such a long span.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 12:06:12 PM PST
Stephen Fry wrote a book about ten years back called "Making History" in which a Cambridge grad student trys to prevent the birth of Adolph Hitler. There probably aren't any new plots out there anymore. But I expect Mr. King will add some embellishments to his time-travel story. If it's as enjoyable as Mr. Fry's I'll be a happy reader!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 6:15:48 AM PST
Nothing says an open mind lie LYING as King did in his author's notes in Full Dark when he LIES about Sarah Palin's claim that ObamaCare will ration health care with "death panels"

It's been repeatedly proven she is correct and King is a liar. If reading LIES and shrugging them off is what's required of an open mind, I suggest you head for Cuba or N Korea where that type of Orwellian thinking is the rule of the day.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 7:58:39 PM PST
Nick Jones says:
Now who's the liar? Those so called ' death panels' were nothing but providing help for the elderly and terminally ill to set up what are called Living Wills, i.e. a common plan for a person's wishes to be known in the event that they are incapacitated, to the point where they are kept alive on machines with no hope of recovery. If Terry Schiavo had made a living will she might not have laid brain-dead in a hospital for fifteen years. Or may have to do so. That's what a living will is for.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 8:09:53 PM PST
Buy a clue bud-

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obama-death-panels-medicare/2010/12/26/id/381043

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-05-12/news/29550087_1_cancer-patients-affordable-care-act-health-care

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/10/06/obamas-death-panel/

Take your nose out of Sgt Schultz's plumber's perch-you REGressives always go way off topic and I'll destroy any of your BS spin jobs

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 9:33:21 PM PST
So you too (like King) think Navy Seals who are highly trained and skilled are bumbling idiots who couldn't get a job as some highly paid CEO ( who now most of you leftists are protesting against) so they became honorable men of valor who you would cry for to come save you if the enemies of this country came marching down you quaint suburban street ? Tell you what, when that happens call your "smart" highly paid lawyer or CPA to come save you OK..

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 11:05:52 PM PST
Nick Jones says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 12:15:41 AM PST
Wasn't there a TV series on BBC sometime in the 90's where a man could go back in time by walking to the back of the store room in his shop?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 8:08:13 AM PST
Cry baby-did big bad never never land hurt your ultra sensitive feelings?

It's typical of the left, when confronted with irrefutable facts to attack the messenger.

Well done. Cry baby.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 5:25:48 PM PST
I am going to buy the book in the next few minutes. Right-Wing Tea party partisans should get a life. Stephen King is a novelist who is an expert in his craft. I am a sci-fi addict and love what if stories and time travels novels. Just go with the flow and block the ideology. I suspect if JFK had lived for a 2nd term Viet Nam might have brought down his popularity with the public. I would not be surprised if there would have been anti-war marches with the chant "JFK, JFK, HOW MANY CHILDREN DID YOU KILL TODAY'. I am 63 years old and a conservative who backed Barry Goldwater and our Governor Ronald Reagan from 1966 to 1984.I am not a tea party member but a member of a CA County Republican Central Committee.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 10:04:54 PM PST
P. Solinger says:
I would never attack a messanger. Instead, I will simply give you a different message:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/aug/10/sarah-palin/sarah-palin-barack-obama-death-panel/

So who do you believe? An unbiased, objective website like politifact; or a certified right-wing, biased website like newsmax?

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 10:24:06 AM PST
Burgh says:
I actually never read under the dome due to the reviews that the left leaning ideology was heavy handed. Ive seen some signs of this in his writing as well so it cannot be a fabrication of this(me) "Tea Party Moron" and my narrow minded ideas, Sorry Ben D. Over.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 1:40:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2011 1:41:22 PM PST
A Customer says:
Re: Richard Brooks

It was a children's animated series called Mr Benn and was first broadcast in 1971. And very good it was too!

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 9:11:26 PM PST
J. Brandt says:
I don't care about King's political views. I'm halfway thru 11/22/63 and am loving every minute of the book. I read a lot of authors and their political slant means nothing to me since everyone has political views and most aren't worth much anyway including our politicians. King's new book has some digs on some political issues, but who cares. It's just a great book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 9:13:47 PM PST
J. Brandt says:
So true. So very true. Read science fiction long enough and you'll clearly realize plots are similar, ideas are similar, etc...King's new book isn't breaking new ground by going back in time (there are THOUSANDS of those sci-fi books with that idea in mind), but it's a great read. I'm halfway through the 11/22/63 book and it's a great read.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 1:20:58 PM PST
this would be my first SK book...is it really gory? i have a weak stomach for that

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 4:13:42 PM PST
C L says:
King's statement was most definitely anti-military. If only the illiterate end up somewhere, that is not a good "somewhere." If he wanted to be pro-choice-through education, he could have said, "Be sure to stick with school and you will have a chance at whatever job you want to do."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 5:19:51 AM PST
J. Brandt says:
Not gory at all. 11/22/63 (and I"m almost finished with the book) is more sci-fi as the main character has gone back in time (and King handles the time issue brilliantly) to try to stop Oswald from killing Kennedy. It's got a lot of history in it, some romance, some great situations and suspense.

No gore....Just a great read. I'm actually reading slowly as I don't want the book to end.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 1:46:46 PM PST
Andrea says:
People who end posts with "grow up" should take their own advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 1:50:06 PM PST
Andrea says:
You've got it all figured out, don't you dude? You should run for president or king of the world or something, and end world hunger, cancer and war in your free time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 8:24:23 AM PST
Nick Jones says:
Andrea, they say that because their arguments have no substance, and they have to fall back on grade-school-level name-calling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 7:30:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2011 7:31:47 AM PST
beren says:
Not gory, just snoozy. A terrible book. You can read my review for more details if you like.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  11/22/63: A Novel forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
11/22/63: A Novel
11/22/63: A Novel by Stephen King (Hardcover - November 8, 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars (9,211)