Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saying Yes
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon March 14, 2011
"Saying Yes" is a quick, steamy read. Despite the short length, which can often lead to cliched characters, tropes and scenes, this managed to avoid that.

Zadie and Tristan were suddenly thrown together in a flat they thought they each had to themselves. But sparks fly and soon finding someone else in their space is a very welcome thing.

I liked Tristan and Zadie. They were easy to relate to, and I was looking forward to them having some happiness.

There is a minor moment towards the end where I felt some angst was added unnecessarily, but it was quickly resolved and didn't take from my enjoyment of the story.

I'll definitely look for more by Barbara Elsborg in the future.

Keep in mind that this is a short story, and can be read in about 15mins.
on February 12, 2011
No turns to Yes...
Meet Zadie, her boyfriend/boss dumps & fires her & leaves her homeless. Meet Tristan, his girlfriend turns down his proposal while publically humiliating him at the same time leaving him a broken mess. Zadie's best friend has a boyfriend with an empty flat that needs a sitter. Tristin's brother's empty flat is as good as place as any for him to hide out & lick his wounds. Coincidentally, it's the same flat... Quickie romantic read, fun characters, but don't expect much depth. Fun story. Mildly erotic.

Keep in mind that this is a quickie romance. 3.5* of 5*
on February 13, 2011
Fantastic read! I've been reading romance novels for years, but this is the first "erotic fiction" I've read and I was pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to check out th author's other titles.
on February 11, 2011
I have now read a bodice ripper. I had an idea what they were and now I know. This was a new genre for me. Got this free on Kindle. Description was accurate enough for me to get idea of what it was. Went a bit farther than I expected but that was ok. Just call it steamy, lol.

Very short. The 99c list price was a clue to length. The covers when purchasing on kindle are very small so I didnt see that this is part of a series-naughty nooners-or something like that. Yeah that says it all.

Free and the ending left a slight smile so I had trouble rating this. It was as described took 15 min to read and free. So 4 stars and I wont read anymore "nooners". This was better than the christian freebies all over the top 100 free for sure. If this is your thing it is well written so probably worth it.

A nice little free story that was worth my time to read.
66 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I actually really enjoyed this free short story. It is not just a random story filled with random sex. This story has a purpose which kept me reading. I enjoyed the writing style of this author as well. Simple, easy to read and straight to the point.

Zadie just lost her boyfriend because apparently she said `No' to him too much. I like how she referred to him as D*ckhead throughout the book. By losing her boyfriend though, she also lost her job and flat. With nowhere to live, her friend said she could crash at her and her boyfriend's flat. After cleaning and relaxing in a bath she realizes she is not alone. Tristan, the brother of the flat owner decided to live there without telling anyone. When they both run into each other in the bathtub is when things start to get steamy. Both of them will never see a bottle of champagne the same ever again.

I recommend this free short story to anyone looking for a quick read for two people who are tired of the word `No' and who just fit together. This short story just seemed realistic to me, besides the fact that they got it on after knowing each other for a whole .25 seconds. But it was still well played out. I like.
on July 19, 2011
I really liked it. It's a short story, which by definition means it is short. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that these characters aren't fully developed people. We don't have time to get to know everything about them. What we do have time for is an adorable, humorous, little escapade with some darned good sausiness.

The story was about two people who needed to find each other for very different reasons.

Elsborg got in, got a bit dirty and left me with a smile on my face. That is a perfect "nooner" in my opinion.
VINE VOICEon April 3, 2011
I down load a lot of freebee's from Kindle (especially at the end of the month, when my book budget is gone) and so I've read a lot of books that I classify as a complete waste of time, not even worth it for free.

Which is why Say yes pleased me so much. I think it's well written, good characters, fun and sexy. It's not high art, but it's not pretending to be. Instead it's a quick break into a sweet fantasy, where Zadie gets dumped (after tattooing her ex's name on her thigh - note to self, never get a name tattoo!) and escapes to a friend of a friends flat, only to meet Tristan, who has his own reasons for running away. And they find each other. It's satisfying, like a high calorie sweet donut - but with no calories! Win/win!

It's short, 534 locations, but I would pay 99 cents for it and will definitely look for more by Barbara Elsborg.
on August 13, 2011
For a 15 minute read, this story wasn't bad. I'd say it's closer to a 3.5 since I did enjoy it at the time of reading it. However, a week after reading the story, I'd totally forgotten about the story and these two people. The Kindle formatting is fine and the story is pretty cute. Given the length, don't expect deep character or story development. I was a little thrown when she could only ask "Who are you?" when she discovered a man in the apartment when she thought she was alone, let alone finding a man with a hard-on and drinking the bottle of champagne she splurged on after being fired. Hmmm....

In the end, it was simple, cute, and a reminder not to be negative all the time... but don't expect a keeper.
on November 23, 2012
While this story had some hot sex in it, what made it even more special was the development of the characters. At a time when they both need someone in their lives, they meet by accident (or maybe not) and the chemistry between them is instantaneous. I'm a softie for sexy love stories, and this fit the bill perfectly. Well done.
on December 31, 2013
I was happy to find this little free story. I had an enjoyable little time reading it. Before I get into my review, I remember at least one person complaining about it being too short; however, given the story that Barbara seemed to want to tell, it was a good length. I can't imagine this story told more words; I found it just perfect. I loved Zadie from the beginning; poor thing, one bad thing after another happened. I enjoyed the switch to Tristan's perspective. I loved how the metaphors and themes of their lives matched. Now looking at the length (28 pages mentioned in the details), I didn't expect stunning dialogue or great plot development; I wanted some hot sex, maybe a little romance- basically an erotic version of a "Hallmark movie"- and in my opinion, the author managed that.