5.0 out of 5 stars a new hat for the summer
Published on July 25, 2011 by babalouie

3.0 out of 5 stars You have a big head?
I have the same model hat and I've been more than happy with the quality of it, that hat has endured many Vacations and has handle being throw in the suitcase and getting wet jut marvelous but this new one that I order is huge, I'm sure it's the same quality but is way too big, very disappointed, I had to send it back.
Published 1 month ago by Diana Alegre

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a new hat for the summer, July 25, 2011
My old Scala hat had more holes than I could repair, so I went looking on Amazon. Found this Scala raffia hat and ordered it as an experiment. I have a large head measurement and many hats are too small. This hat has a band in the crown that has give, and the hat sits perfectly. It has enough brim to give me shade, and I love the style. Just right for this mama. Nice style!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Hat, October 27, 2012
I previously owned this hat but I stupidly left it on a cruise ship so I just had to get another one. These hats hold up under any conditions. As for the packability, it is great. It does not crush at all. We just traveled out of the country and I packed it in the bottom of my suitcase so I had clothes, shoes and other things on top of it. It was in perfect condition when I took it out. I do think it's somewhat pricey, but overall I'm so glad I purchased this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars best hat ever, September 12, 2011
I love love love this hat. I got my first one at the US open in Augusta GA.
Made the mistake of putting it in washing machine and it came
out all droopy. This is the most comfortable hat ever. It's a bit
pricey but it's the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hat, September 7, 2012
Bought this hat for a recent trip to Hawaii. It did beautifully in the suitcase! I unpacked it, it bounced back into shape, and it was ready to wear. The brim is somewhat flexible so you can flip it up or down. I thought it was a little pricey, but not anymore. Great quality. Great hat. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cutie., August 7, 2013
Kitty Barfrags (Westlake, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
It could be just a plain old gardening hat, or it could be a sweet little accessory when out shopping, dining, whatever. My head is 21 3/4 inches around, and this hat is 22 7/8 inches when measured around the edge of the headband that is sewn to the inside of the hat. Tightening the tie was all it took to make it fit perfectly. Next time, however, I would try the petite size. My head seems to be on the cusp between petite and regular, and I don't know if a petite would have been better or too tight. Nicely made. Brim may be flipped up or down. At one online hat shop, this same hat cost $8 more and they would have charged the inflated price of $18 for shipping. A lot of online retailers charge more than the actual cost of shipping to pick up a few extra bucks for themselves. (They should be profoundly ashamed.) Amazon shipped it for free via FedEx. Ordered on Monday and delivered on Friday. Gotta love that.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best friend in the sun, September 7, 2012
This review is from: Scala Women's Womens Crocheted Raffia (Apparel)
I have had a hat like this for many years, it is my trade mark in the garden, on the beach, on long walks, in fact anywhere the searing Alabama sun is shining. I have lots of different colored scarves I tie round the brim to match the mood I am in. I never go anywhere without it. It packs beautifully. The only thing is, it does not wash very well. Since it is several years old and has traveled thousands of miles with me I thought I would give it a wash a couple of months ago. Big mistake! Now instead of the perky brim which I could shape any way I wanted, it droops badly with no body in it at all to keep the brim up. So I am getting another. Hope this is as good as the last. Lovely hat.

Update:- This new hat is larger than my old one, for me it is a bit on the big side, so I have reinforced the band inside with felt, fits a treat now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit , great hat, great price, August 16, 2013
This is a great fitting, packable hat for a very reasonable price. About to take it on vacation with me

5.0 out of 5 stars best hat ever - I wear it every day, December 14, 2013
Alice Xenia (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scala Women's Womens Crocheted Raffia (Apparel)
In 1996 I went to Hawaii and I needed a hat, so I picked this exact hat up in the gift shop at the gorgeous beachfront condo we stayed at in Kaanipali beach on Maui. I wore it the whole trip, by the pool, at the beach, hiking, shopping, walking around, riding mopeds, exploring, celebrating, you name it.

I wore the same hat for years and years. This hat is so versatile. I can tie a scarf around it or just wear it with the raffia rope tied around the brim This was my favorite hat for years. It traveled around the world and went back to Hawaii several times with me over 15 years. I literally wore it until it fell apart. And it looked good until the end. It's a flattering style and.I received compliments almost every time I wore it it.

When the end finally came and my favorite hat could no longer protect my fair skin from the harsh southern California sun, I scanned the barely legible inner label with my magnifying glass to find the name "Scala". I then searched Amazon (which had not even been invented when I first bought this hat in Hawaii...modern technology is a beautiful thing) and I quickly located another exactly identical hat.

It wasn't cheap in Hawaii when I first got it but nothing is ever cheap on the islands. I could have bought a million other hats and none of them would last like this one did. It is a miracle how long it lasted with the amount of abuse I gave it. And when I bought it the second time on Amazon in 2011, it was about the same price or maybe even a few bucks less.

I must admit I have a large head and wear a large hat. So I feel really comfortable in this hat and it fits me exactly. But the string around the brim is somewhat adjustable if you need a tighter fit. Or there is also a Petite size I see advertised.. i certainly don't need Petite! I'm just saying it's there if you do.

You should get this hat because it is stylish, classy, practical and best of all it keeps the sun off your face and neck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality. Very classy appearance., June 20, 2013
The lady for whom I purchased this hat is delighted with it. High quality. Classy style. It fits a medium-sized head.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely hat, needs improving, November 8, 2012
Joan Zanardelli (Monessen, PA United States) - See all my reviews
The is an attractive hat no matter which way you wear it. I wish they had used an elastisized band so it could accomodate a smaller sized head. I ended up pinning the inside band and its okay, but would have been nicer to have it fit properly instead of falling down over my eyes. This is not an inexpensive hat and it should accomodate all head sizes. Other than that it's a winner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›