Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scalamandre
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 28, 2004
Author Brian Coleman brings his knowledgeable eye to bear on one of the textile world's most distinguished houses, Scalamandre. The result is a pure pleasure for the visual browser. A must for anyone in the design world, this book is also a delight for those of us who are inspired by beautiful fabrics in elegant settings. The photographs by Dan Mayers are as magnificent as the Scalamandre fabrics themselves. Coleman's text is clear, entertaining, and thorough. A fascinating story well told and magnificently illustrated!
on February 9, 2005
This is one of the most beautiful books on Interior Design. It does not have a lot of type to clutter the beautiful photos. It will remain an historical account of an historic company that exposes beautiful fabrics to a discerning clientele.It should be in everyone's library......
on August 31, 2005
Very informative and loaded with pictures of gorgeous fabrics from one of the top fabric design houses in the world. A must have for designers or anyone in the interior design business who deal with high end fabrics and trims on a regular basis. Would highly recommend this book!!!!
on May 21, 2012
Love this book! I was afraid it may cover too much of the fabric industry, but it doesn't. While it does start out with an introduction to the fabric house & its history, it focuses primarily on the beautiful & LUSH interiors their fabrics create. A wonderful aspiration/dream book for those of us that don't have thousands to spend on fabric alone. It's also a fantastic IDEA book! I love the large scale of this one and it's quickly become one of my favorite additions to my design library. Also great for someone like me that's in design school!
on March 11, 2005
This book has great historical information on the Scalamandre family and brand in addition to fabulous room photos.
on July 13, 2007
For those designers and high scale clientèle, who appreciate and enjoy the luxury of classical interiors.
on November 15, 2014
This book is a requisite for the Scalamandre design lover. Paging through it is like a mini vacation in Design Heaven. I recommend buying two copies...one to drool on and one to keep clean and presentable for display.
on November 13, 2007
I have been looking at design books for a long time and this is by far the best inspirational book that I have come across. I rented this book from my library and I didn't want to give it back. I had to buy this book for my Library. I am a person that likes to creat everything myself and this book gives me the motivation to do just that. Enjoy!
on July 16, 2013
This is a visually beautiful book. I have gotten some wonderful ideas and would recommend this book. I bought it used and it is still in very good condition. I received it must faster than expected.
on January 28, 2014
Book arrived in excellent condition. If you are a designer or own a drapery fabrication workroom you will love this book. It is filled with pages upon pages of design ideas. I have not put the book down. Wonderful coffee table book and reference book.