5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best!
Simply the best adjunct to a determined plan to succeed with FBA. Maybe a little complex which parallels the extent of its offerings, but when you're there, you're home.
Published 11 months ago by Greg Samuels

1.0 out of 5 stars "free app" will do nothing but charge $40 to use
Published 19 months ago by Maxx Penn

1.0 out of 5 stars "free app" will do nothing but charge $40 to use, February 16, 2013
Maxx Penn (From South Dakota , USA , Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
Installed it on android , had no camera function to scan the barcodes I had ready for this test. The opening screen had an ad for the full version for $39.95. Typed in a UPC code to test and got a message saying "maximum scans used" and that I needed to subscribe for $39.95 to go any further. I Saw no instructions or tutorials on the smart phone. On Amazon.com they had a test drive demo that did the exact same thing. It just offered the full service on the opening screen then did nothing else but say I needed to subscribe. When going back to my start screen on the smart phone it took an unusually long time to get back and I thought it was locking up. I really have to wonder what this "free app" was actually doing with my android. A zero function deserves a ZERO STAR REVIEW. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. This "free app" will cost you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Update on Previous Review "Not as advertised?" Unable to access 250 free scans, January 4, 2013
Donna (McHenry, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
This is an update of my 1st review on Scanpower (See Below). Mr. Green did contact me and offered a free trial. When I entered the username and password given, I scanned a product I had at home. When I went to scan another product, I was told there were no more free scans available and to register (pay) for the product. I don't know about anyone else, but if I want to test run a product, one try doesn't cut it. Sorry Mr. Green - I've uninstalled this app and won't be going back.

First Review - Since this app was advertised as giving 250 free scans, I thought I would try this out to see if it provided more information than what I could get with a normal barcode scanner or the Amazon price check app. After downloading, I was unable to use it. I received an error message "No more free scans available".
When I contacted their support online, I was given a link to enter my information for registration and this would get me started. However, I was unable to register without giving them my credit card information - nothing was said about 250 free scans - and my credit card would be billed.
After searching their site online for some time, I just gave up. Not worth my time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works Great in the Field, But Difficult Once You Get Home, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
Great Info when in the stores scanning, but I find it difficult to upload items to Amazon once I get home. I keep getting "Item not in inventory" messages. Work flow is not explained. Tutorials are very disjointed. Nothing flows.

Customer service is so-so. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. And they are terrible about calling back! Don't bother to leave a message. :(

Also they have double billed me for more than the agreed amount! Definitely not acceptable!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., April 26, 2014
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
I had hoped this would be the revolution in checking products for listing on Amazon.

I tried the app on an Android tablet that is equipped with a camera.

Tried bar code scanning. Didn't work. This had happened before with other apps that were supposed to scan a bar code so this could have something to do with the tablet itself.

Typed in ISBN numbers of books I had in front of me. All of them produced the reply "ISBN/ASIN/UPC not recognized".

Tried voice recognition for product codes. Instead of numbers the device produced words of which half were wrong. Not one ISBN was recognized correctly. Quality of speech recognition is probably tied to the tablet itself.

All in all, nothing worked. I noticed there was the option to buy a service for a recurring fee of 40 dollars/month. In any case the software should work properly to consider that.

I would give one star for the quality of the product, but I still give it 2 stars because I'm a fan of Chris Green and the technology has a lot of promise.
With a few bug fixes and tweaks this can still be an amazing app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best!, October 11, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful tool if you know how to weild it., October 3, 2013
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
This is a must-have tool for any merchant. Make sure it's in your toolbelt. I applaud the developers behind this and their fast turnaround speed when an issue arises.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bait n Switch - NOT an app; an AD., August 17, 2014
pcp (durham, nc United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
Don't waste your time. This is the equivalent of taking your time and using your phone's resources to download an AD. I had already randomly selected 3 items from my home and typed in those UPCs manually in the FBA products page, and all were found in the Amazon database, including prices, pics, etc. Scanned each of the same item with this "app", and each scan returned a "No product found" error. Seems to be a bit of false advertising or bait and switch tactics here. I don't think you should label something an "app", when the only "application" is to tell you to buy it. Amazon should REMOVE this FREE app.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
I downloaded this FREE app to give it a try, since I am reading the Arbitrage book. This app is FREE but it does absolutely nothing except tell you that you need to paid 40 bucks a month to use the service. No idea how this service works so I am not going to risk 40 bucks to find out. I guess Chris Green has indeed found an even easier way to make money than Arbitrage and selling on Amazon or Ebay. Chris, if you are reading this maybe you should either have some real demo version for this Scanpower or just remove this so called FREE app as it doesn't work in the FREE version. Or maybe write a book on "how to come up with an app" so we can make money...LOL. No, not really.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Neutral For Now - This Is For Chris Green's Scouting Services, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
To understand what this is one needs to read Chris Green's book(s) on FBA selling. By itself this app has little value, and it really is not meant to be used by consumers. However, the comments here indicate some answers as to what to expect from Chris Green IF I were to buy his pricey services, which I have been considering. With these responses by would be customers of Mr. Green's, and other information I'm gathering, it may well be advisable to not pursue his services.

Hopefully others will step in and offer similar or better services, and certainly better customer relations.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent app, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Scanpower (App)
great app and desktop suite of software. i tried listing about 300 books on amazon the first time and it was terrible. i had to scan every book, then when i wanted to ship, i had to find every book again after i printed the labels then find the books again to put in the appropriate boxes. i have shipped 100s of boxes to amazon since then with the help of scanpower. i scan, price, print the label immediately through scanpower put it to the correct box all at the same time. it has saved me countless days, hours and weeks of work over the last year.

it is a steal at triple the price!

Scanpower