Scanning PDFs but not searchable - why? My scanner is here and working well - except when I scan to file, the PDF it creates is not searchable. This was a huge feature for me, can anybody give me a tip how to get that working? I have looked for the info in the materials that came with the scanner, on google, and on the fujitsu website but no luck. please advise. thanks!
asked by cchrissyy on June 8, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
In ScanSnap Manager, on the "File option" tab, check the box next to "Convert to Searchable PDF" and click on "All pages" in the OCR options box. If you've done that, it may be that you are creating searchable PDFs but your computer can't find them. If you are on 64 bit Windows 7, there is a problem with PDF indexing. Are you on Mac or Windows?
Brooks Duncan answered on June 9, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That's it, thanks a bunch!
cchrissyy answered on June 9, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Brooks -

I am considering getting the 1300 deluxe bundle scanner, as I need to be able to search the files for "bits" of information (such as birth dates). Would this software make that search possible for all of the data I input (client files)? Thanks for your response.
Susanne Breisch answered on July 21, 2011

A
Brooks -

I am considering getting the 1300 deluxe bundle scanner, as I need to be able to search the files for "bits" of information (such as birth dates). Would this software make that search possible for all of the data I input (client files)? Thanks for your response.
Susanne Breisch answered on July 21, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product