5.0 out of 5 stars Beat the pants off my old scanner, January 31, 2010
Amazon Customer (Pasco, WA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scansnap S300 Adf Clr USB 2.0 Lgl Dupl Scan Del Bund with RACK2FILER (Office Product)
The ScanSnap S300 is my second Fujitsu scanner. I first bought S510, a higher capacity desktop scanner, for my office, so I was familiar with the ScanSnap. The problem with owning one of these scanners is they soon go from being convenient to being essential.

This scanner works flawlessly for me. Scans about 8 pages a minute both sides in color. It has a document feeder, which I think is essential. I also have a Neat Receipts scanner, which is smaller without a document feeder, but I never used it. This ScanSnap S300 blows that scanner away.

I use it as a desktop scanner for my home office, but it is small enough to be portable and can be powered off a USB port or wall power.

As a portable it does have a document feeder, but not a document tray for documents after they are scanned, the documents just land on your desk. Other than the lack of a second document tray, it works almost a well as my larger and faster S510 scanner at about 60% of the cost.

It comes with Adobe Acrobat Professional PDF software, the full version and the ScanSnap organizer, which is a document filing system, which is intuitive and works like a virtual filing cabinet with file drawers and folders. The software will also convert documents into searchable PDFs. The software also lets you scan directly to email, Word, Excel, a folder, or a printer. The quality of the scans is excellent.

This scanner is not TWAIN compliant, which for me was not an issue. The scans are converted directly into PDF files. The installation was easy. Just install the software first and plug it in to a USB port. You open the cover and it is on and hit the scan button.

I did have a minor issue and had to call Fujitsu. I dealt with one tech, who not only helped me solve the problem, but called me back later to make sure everything was working well. My service experience would have to be rated 6 stars on a 5 star scale, when does a big company call you back, just to check that everything is ok? Microsoft never calls.

Within a couple of hours I had removed three or four waste baskets full of paper from my desk. The scanner performed flawlessly. I can actually see the top of my desk now. I highly recommend this scanner.

5.0 out of 5 stars ScanSnap does it again!, March 21, 2010
I have had a ScanSnap sitting on my desk for 5 years now and use it almost every day. To not have one now would drive me crazy! The S300 will enable me to speed up work when on the road and, because it can be powered off my laptop, internationally as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars SCAN SNAPS300 ADF CLR USB 2.0, January 18, 2013
THIS PRODUCT WAS EASY TO INSTALL, EASY TO READ INSTRUCTION. I LOVE IT, STILL HAVE IT ITS A SMALL SCANNER THAT WORKS GREAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tool!, October 8, 2010
OCTAVIO PADILLA (LOS ANGELES, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this unit to help organize paperwork piling up at home. Wish I had bought it sooner!!! It really is a must have for todays busy home life. It will eliminate clutter right away.