Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 13, 2003
Scared Stiff is a book by Willo Davis Roberts. It is about two young boys who came home from school one day to find that their mom was missing. Their dad lad left the family a few weeks before this had happened. They report their missing mother to the police detectives, but they quickly discover that the police aren't doing much to find their mother. They decide to find their mom by themselves. Until she comes back home, they have to live with their uncle in an R.V. park. They are given many clues to find their mother, but this isn't an easy task for the boys of their uncle, and it is always a very dangerous thing to do.
I love this book very much. It was very suspenseful and didn't give away too many clues. This book had me guessing until the end. It was hard to stop reading it. I got very attached to the characters in the story. This book was very descriptive and gave me many visuals. I could always picture the scenes in the story.
on April 22, 2003
Troubles Always Come in Threes
The plot of this book is that Rick and Kenny Van Huler's father says that troubles always come in threes, and that's just how it started. First, Pa, a long-distance truck driver, reported that his load of TVs had been stolen. Then, Pa and Ma had a fight and Pa left, and they thought nothing worse could come but it did. The third thing that happened was that Ma disappeared. She had been outside, talking to a man in a car, when she sent the boys to the store. When they got home, she was gone, and hours later she still had not come home. Finally, Rick, Kenny, and their friends, Connie and Julie, went looking for their mom.
I liked this book for many different reasons. I liked this book because it was very interesting, and it always left me wanting to read more. Like the time when ma was outside talking to a man, and the next thing Rick and Kenny knew she was gone. She had disappeared, and they waited for hours and hours but she didn't come home. This book was very interesting and also funny. I also like the fact that they kept hearing and seeing things in the dark, abandoned, amusement park. IF I were to rate this book on a scale of 1-5, then I would give it a 4 because although it was interesting most of the time and almost always left me wanting to read more, sometimes it wasn't that interesting and sometimes it was boring. But overall I thought that it was a very good and interesting book and I think that other people will enjoy it too.
I have not read any other books by this author, but considering how well I enjoyed reading this book, I will look into other books by this author. I will also look into other mystery books similar to this one because by reading this book I have realized how fun it is to read and try to guess why something happened.
on April 13, 2005
This story takes place it the summer & the kind of end of spring This story is at Ricky's & his little brothers apartment with his parents & at his great uncles rev. at an rev . park. The setting is important because the apartment might have some clues to were there mom is & the rev. park is somewhere to sleep & there might be some clues there also.

This book is mostly about a little boy & his big brother Rick. They are trying to figure out about there dad, where he is & also were there mom is.With the help of two friends they had meet at the rev. park. The first half of the book is about how they are still so confused about all that is happpining.The second half of the book is about how they are looking & trying to figure out were there mom is.

My opinion this was a fabulous & well written. When I put the book down i was always anxious about what will happen next. I thought the book was perfect. i would recommend this book because it had allot of details & if you put the book down you would be itching for more.
on February 14, 2015
loved it
on May 15, 2005
In this book young Rick and Kenny notice that trouble comes in threes.1st a load of tv's go missing.2nd mom and dad have a fight and dad walks out. 3rd mom is kidnapped. Living in a purple school bus Rick, Kenny, and new friends look for clues and explore Wonderland. This book is five stars. What a great book
on July 13, 2015
This was a great book from my childhood, and I was so happy to find it again.
on May 28, 2006
This book is classic willo davis roberts. kenny and rick's mom disappers, and the police aren't convinced she didn't just walk off on her own, while the boys are sure her disappearance has something to do with the man in a black they saw her talking to the last time they saw her. rick and kenny go to live with their great-uncle henry and become friends with Julie and Connie, who help them investigate to try to find enough clues to convince the police. And then there is the inevitable scary, fast-paced encounter with the kidnappers in an abondoned amusement park at the end.

the story was fine. that's why i gave it three stars. but there wasn't anything special about it. the characters were ok; i didn't dislike them, and i didn't feel like they were strangers, but they just weren't all that deep. same with the rest of the book. there wasn't really any POINT to the story. i mean it made sense and everything, and it had a good plotline and wasn't boring or unbelievable, but there wasn't anything for me to take away with me. nothing moving.

so it's a fine book to get if you need a book to read. it just wasn't anything special.