4.0 out of 5 stars Nice alternative
Published on October 19, 2010 by Terry

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept
Great idea but not to easy to use. I'm good to try them a little more and see if I can get the hang of it.
Published on January 27, 2012 by aimee wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice alternative, October 19, 2010
Terry (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
I have two maltese dogs who get groomed every 6 weeks at $100 a trip. When I came across this product on amazon I was a bit skeptical, yet hopeful at the same time. My skepticism was completely unfounded. I've never cut my dogs hair before so I was very surprised that it came out pretty decent. It looks better then the job the "professional" dog groomers do at the big box pet chains. Scaredy Cut was easy to use and I don't have to chase my dogs around the house for an hour like I did when I bought the $200 pet clippers. My only complaint would have to be the finger and thumb hole. If they were slightly larger, the scissors would be more comfortable to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, July 27, 2010
Length:: 0:34 Mins

Scaredy Cut silent clipper was so easy to use on my skittish cat. He doesn't like anything that has sound as it scares him and is hard to hold him while grooming. With Scaredy Cut, my cat was easy to control while I cut his long Maine Coon hair off for the Summertime. I was able to get an even cut using the attached comb. If your cat won't stop fidgeting or is always trying to run away due to electric razor noises, this is a great tool to use; It makes no sound so it won't scare even the "scarediest" cat from running under the couch in fear of the noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use AND saves money!, November 19, 2010
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
I have two Schnauzers and a Schnauzer mix that used to cost over $750 a year total to take to the groomer. Before Scardey Cut, I have tried every way possible to groom them myself, but I often made them look terrible (once like they had a skin disease!) and had to take them to the groomer anyway to "fix" what I did. I don't want to put my groomer out of business, but I can definitely already tell, after having the Scardey Cut for just two months, that my dogs are probably only going to need one professional groomer visit a year rather than 4 or 5 -- that gets pricey for 3 dogs! I can easily make them look great all by myself using this product. The product doesn't make any noise (like an electric clipper would) and doesn't intimidate them at all. They react the same as if I'm brushing them, and in fact they like the attention. It's very easy to give them an all-over even cut, which I could NEVER achieve with a regular scissor. I also like using the little Scaredy Cut scissor for their faces because of the blunt tip. The only real suggestion I have is that you can groom over a few days rather than do it all at once if your dog won't sit still for a long time. After all, most of us aren't professional groomers! I'll groom the body one day, the legs the next, the face the next, etc. If you do it in stages the grooming is SUPER easy. Also, brush your dog before you groom. It's fun bonding time with your dog, rather than dropping him off at the groomer for a whole day. Two paws up for the Scaredy Cut! I wish it had been invented a long time ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scaredy Cut Silent Cut, November 24, 2010
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
Scaredy Cut,we tried many different products to trim our cat's hair,she has very thick and long hair so it does get matted up.This is the only product we have found that she will actually sit still and not fight to get away while we cut the matted hair.And it works great at cutting the hair and the matted hair without worry about cutting into her skin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Company that cares, November 19, 2010
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
I had originally rated this product low because my 3# toy poodle was still too afraid to let me cut her decently even with scissors because of prior groomers not handling her correctly as she was a frightened rescued dog when I got her. After the review posted I received an email from the developer and have since corresponded back and forth about the best way to clip my poodle. I must say it is finally working out but without the time invested by this developer I would have just tossed the product aside and gone on to something else. It has taken more time than I would have thought but like everything worthwhile it does take time. It is getting better and since I live in an area with negative temps at night, strong winds and at times blowing snow getting out for a lot of grooming was tasking on everyone's nerves. Thanks to this product I can comfortably clip my toy poodle in segments and will eventually get it done. It does get easier and if you have a pet that won't sit still or something just be patient, give it time and a lot of praise and practice. It will get done. It is nice to see a person so interested in helping pets and their owners on a true personal level that it gives me hope that there are others out there doing the same. I can honestly recommend this product to anyone wanting to safely keep their best friends looking their best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Invention/Best Gift of the Season, December 30, 2010
K. Grant (Grand Rapids, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
I have several long haired cats, but one in particular has an abundance of fur. She is an 8 lb cat with what seems like 12 lbs of fur!! Unfortunately the long hair is not becoming on her and tends to look ragged. I've taken to keeping it trimmed to 1" on her belly and sides. I always did such a hatchet job because there simply weren't enough hands to hold her and the fur and the scissors. This tool makes it soooo easy! I have no fear that I will nick her with the scissors, so one hand holds while the other hand trims. Not only that but the guides make trimming so uniform and even. No longer does she look like she's been groomed by a blind 5 year old! While she still isn't thrilled about getting a hair cut, there was far less fussing and stress added to the task.
I received this as a Christmas gift and my mom who gave it to me explained that Scaredy Cut contacted her about a possible missing part. Within days she had the missing part as well as a bonus scissors. How great is that?! An honest company indeed! I think that is the hallmark of a very professional and customer oriented business. I have never written a review before, but could not keep quiet about my excitement over this product. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Company., June 30, 2013
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
They are way too dull, it's hard to cut the hair. I am a hairdresser and when it comes to cutting hair you want a pair of sharp sissors, they idea is good but that's it.

Just wanted everyone to know that Scaredy Cut called me and made it right. They sent me a brand new pair and that one works fine, they explained the first pair may have been dropped at the factor. They also sent me a small trimmer for around the face.
What a wonderful company. I highly recommend this company, what great customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scaredy Cut Silent Clippers are great, July 20, 2010
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
I have a miniature poodle who is afraid of any electric clipper noise. I have been cutting his hair with scissors and I must admit, it has been a pretty bad hack job. I recently purchased Scaredy Cut Silent Clippers and they are great. Chip isn't afraid of them, his haircuts are even, and they are easy on the fingers. The shipping was fast. I think they are well worth the price and will definitely recommend them to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars I give the Scaredy Cut Silent Clipper 5 Stars ***** +, December 25, 2010
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
I'm so glad I discovered the Scaredy Cut clipper on Amazon. I adopted a full grown Maine Coon cat from a shelter. He was so frightened of everything. I couldn't approach him with a scissor and couldn't take him to a groomer, but I needed to remove his matted hair. The Scaredy Cut clipper has changed our relationship.

The terrific thing about the Scaredy cut clipper is that you can start by simply combing your animal. I believe you can use it on cats, dogs or even horses if they are frightened by the sound of a buzzer. I started by combing my cat with they guard which is attached to the scissor. Most long haired cats like the feel of being combed. When you find a spot that needs to be clipped, you can snip it off. The blade is so quiet; the cat almost doesn't know that you are trimming him. The guard prevents you from nipping at the animal's skin or sensitive areas. The clipper doesn't heat up and burn your pet's skin as a buzzer can do.

My cat is now a very happy guy. He purrs when I clip him and he is much healthier. Maine Coons have wonderful personalities, but long haired cats do require a little more maintenance. If your cat is having digestive problems, or you want to trim him for the summer, I recommend the Scaredy Cut clipper without hesitation. I got mine through Amazon and avoided shipping charges!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink (Misc.)
I originally reviewed this product with a single star, but the review was listed under the incorrect product. At the time, I was disappointed in the sharpness of the scissors and felt they were not of the quality for the price.

The seller saw my review and sent me a replacement, unasked for, plus a set of the small scissors.

The new set of scissors seem to be far better in quality and I love the small set for cutting behind my dogs' ears.

I felt the seller deserved recognition for being so responsive to a bad review and for caring enough to send a replacement.

I have dogs with very thick fur, so the use for these scissors is somewhat limited, but they will be perfect for cutting in some areas that have finer hair.

And, again, kudos to Scaredy Cut for rectifying my initial unhappiness with the product.

Scaredy Cut Silent Pet Clipper in Pink