Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 27, 1999
"Scarlett" was horrible. Enough said. None of the situations, none of the action was anything that Margaret Mitchell would have come close to thinking of. Joanne Whalley- Kilmer was horrible. She would start with a close to Southern accent (I should know, I live in the South) but she would lose it (the accent) after one or two lines. It makes me shudder to think that she was supposed to be playing the same character as Vivien Leigh magnificently played. Timothy Dalton just wasn't Rhett, plain and simple. About the other characters, none were even close to belivable. You never really get to know anyone. Some of the situations that were completely ridiculous are: 1) Scarlett would never ever give Tara up,and to Suellen (remember the whole thing at the end of GWTW where she had to go back to Tara because that's where she belonged) 2)Why would she fall in love with that jerk, Lord Fenton. (also remember back to the end of GWTW, she had a revelation that she really did love Rhett) So why would she fall for Fenton. 3)When Scarlett goes back to Tara at the beginning of "Scarlett" she only stays for what seems like a week (if she loved Tara so much why would she stay only a week) 4)How could they kill Mammy. Mammy is one of the strongest characters in GWTW 5)Who is this girl Rhett marries, a little goody- good who is totally NOT his type (Gable's Rhett probably wouldn't be able to stand her) 6)The end to GWTW is one of the best parts in the whole movie where you don't know if Rhett was going to come back or not, you're left only with your imagination. But in "Scarlett" they had to give it a happy ending which makes you feel like you wasted your time watching this so- called movie. I know it wasted my time. I didn't even bother reading the book after I saw the movie and I haven't seen the movie since it came on TV for the first time. I'm a die hard fan of "Gone With the Wind" the best movie and book ever and I'd much rather forget everything about the ridiculous "sequel". >>>>Thanks for reading this, I know it's long but hopefully I saved at least one person from making the mistake of watching "Scarlett" or reading the book<<<< You'll have a safe bet that you'll most probably will be satisfied if you watch the one true "Gone With the Wind"(the best movie ever made [if I haven't said that already])
on April 28, 2014
as soon as we put it in the machine the ribbon tore, guess it was too old that it dried up
on January 28, 2015
I receive th DVD it will not play I'm very upset I feel you need to send me a replacement
on July 14, 2014
It sucks cause the only way I can watch it is on my laptop it will not play on DVD player
on July 5, 2014
I was disappointed this would not play on my DVD player. I could only watch it on my PC.
on March 12, 2013
I had to put them both in new cases to play them, they arrived sounding like rocks were in the cases. It appeared they had been dropped & the pieces went inside. Not sure if they were that way when they were packaged or if it happened during shipping, they were wrapped very well so I am thinking they were like that before they were packaged;0(
on October 27, 2013
I enjoyed this movie as much as "Gone With The Wind". The actors were really good, especially Joanne Whalley-Kilmer. This is a movie I know I'll enjoy watching from time to time. Glad I made this purchase.
on April 27, 2016
would not work on my DVD player, need one that was made in USA, maybe will work then
on August 28, 2006
I loved Gone with the Wind. This movie lets the lovers of Gone with the Wind know what happens. It is a great ending. But set your mind and be aware that the Rhett leaves something to be desired and Scarlett too...but it is a good movie and I love knowing the ending!
on August 23, 2006
I've loved this movie ever since I saw it on CBS years ago so I was really excited to own it on DVD. Unfortunately the experience was ruined when I discovered that there are big sound problems on the second disc. Loud popping sounds completely cover up the dialogue in an entire scene. I was very dissapointed.

The movie is great but the sound problems aren't worth the purchase. Stay away!