5.0 out of 5 stars Just finished and my heart is still pounding......
Published on August 2, 2012 by MrsHarris

Published 4 months ago by mz33

5.0 out of 5 stars Just finished and my heart is still pounding......, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Scars from a Memoir (The Memoir Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Scars is the perfect follow up to Memoirs... Nicole's story had already touched my life and heart in ways I didn't imagine it would, so I went into Scars rooting for her as if I'd known her my whole life. Ms. Mann did not disappointment in further throwing the readers emotions directly in with the characters and it wasn't long before my hand was over my heart and a heavy feeling in my chest for every struggle, trial and test Nicole still had to endure. I don't do spoilers, but geez get some tissues ready. This is an excellent followup to what I considered to be book of the year, and this entire series has left a place in my heart that is filled with even greater compassion for every life addiction has touched. Job well done Ms. Mann. I certainly look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars I knew Nicoles story wasn't over yet!, August 1, 2012
Marni Mann gives us what we were asking for. I needed to know what happens to Nicole next and this book answers that question in ways I wouldn't have guessed. This book is not as dark and gritty as the first, but maintains the sense of realism that the first book had, like Nicole could be someone we all know and root for. Life may be unpredictable, but Nicole is still fighting for hers. This is a MUST MUST MUST read. Two thumbs up and around the corner. I wish I could write like Marni Mann.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great read, September 20, 2012
A great book... It kept me reading all day till I finished... I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a interesting book off the beaten path.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't wait for this book..., September 5, 2012
If you liked the first book, "Memoirs aren't Fairytales" then you will also love this book that is the continuation of that first book.
I will not give anything away but cried reading this book and finished it in 3 days (couldn't put it down), truth is I hope Marni Mann writes more books because she has a great way of telling a story that can so be someones life...
You might of been agnry with the main character Nicole in the 1st book but you will end up really rooting for her in this book.
The ending was a shocker and I am still thinking of this book and have been done with it for a while.
I urge people to read this book and give it 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 17, 2013
As a recovering addict from Boston I felt a lot of the feelings that went on in this book and that Nicole was feeling ! this book is a great example of hope for me. No matter what NO MATTER WHAT I Don't ever have to use again and everything will be worth the risk! People can change and they do I'm living proof God bless

5.0 out of 5 stars Profound, September 7, 2012
I'm dreading the moment this book ends. I can't wait for Marni to release more works because it's not often I find an author who captivates my attention and grips me to the point of tears.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three and a Half Stars. Not half as good as the first one, but readable., September 11, 2014
I loved the first book, Memoirs Aren't Fairytales, and I loved Marni's choice for the ending of this second novel, but I had some issues with the bulk of the book. If you liked the first one a lot, like I did, you may not like this one as much. I guess it depends on whether you're a big fan of the heroine, Nicole, or are more interested in seeing her lapse back into drug binges. I was a bigger fan of the latter(maybe I like to see someone with a worse life than my own, I don't know), but this book is a lot different than the first. The second thing I didn't like was the ease in which things fall into place for Nicole in this book. One would think that her past would hurt her with regard to relationships, etc. but she must be pretty darn hot, even with all her track marks and scars, and her past digressions(sleeping with entire towns, etc.), in order to still pick up all these perfectly accepting, successful, completely honest men. First of all, there aren't as many men like that in the world, and yet they've all convened in her town, and are all dying to spend the rest of their lives with her. At points I was just rushing through the book to get it over with because it was too unbelievable, and Nicole was just too good, but I did like the final ending. I think Ms. Mann knew it had to end that way. Not half as good as the first one, but readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisted Recovery, February 25, 2013
I loved the first book, and I love this one. Leaving your past doesn't always work. Especially when addiction is involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Ms. Mann!, November 28, 2012
Thank you Marni Mann for extending Nicole Brown's story and allowing us to discover her fate. I'm sure everyone that read Memoirs Aren't Fairytales were curious to know what happened to Nicole. You developed and stayed true to her character so well, I really cared about her as if she were a real person. Well done, I loved it. I will say though, that the ending threw me off and I wish it could have been different.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good follow-up to the first book, October 6, 2012
Denni (Randolph, NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this second book, but I found the first one more believable & riveting. There were just too many twists & turns, especially at the end; and I could have done without the Epilogue.