5.0 out of 5 stars Scary Movie 5
I thought that this movie was pretty funny. it was not as good as the first two. but I still liked it. I thought that making fun of mama was a good idea. it was basically the only real good horror movie when they made this. but all in all this was a good movie
Published 8 months ago by David

There were very few parts in the movies where I had an actual laugh. The jokes have just become to childish and predictable. Getting kicked in the nuts and toilet humor doesn't get you very far and unfortunately that seems to be the go-to brand for this one.

Published 12 months ago by AvidConsumer

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully the last of a series that has long ago lost it's punch, August 21, 2013

Unless you are looking for something that falls into the so bad it's good category, just keep pretending that they only made 2 of these.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Second Worst Comedy Ever Made, July 18, 2014
Kcott44 (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scary Movie 5 (DVD)
When Scary Movie 5 came out, for some mysterious reason I was excited for it. I really enjoy Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2 but didn't care much for the third one and never even bothered to see the fourth so it makes no sense why I wanted to see it. Then, I found the reason, it is directed by Malcolm D. Lee who directed the absolutely hilarious action satire Undercover Brother. Maybe, without David Zucker the franchise can get back on track but I was dead wrong. This is the second worst comedy I have ever seen. This comes close to number one but I have a feeling that spot is going to be held forever by Disaster Movie.

Scary Movie 5 is filled with terribly unfunny gags, painful acting, and is just simply unbearable to sit through. It is filled with unfunny cameos as well, everything is unfunny in this movie. Modern spoof movies are just plain horrible and this one justifies that case even more. Luckily, it seems that not many people pay for these unbearable spoof movies anymore which is absolutely a blessing. There are no positives about Scary Movie 5 even if you are a diehard fan of Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, or Ashley Tisadle(Who Is?) avoid it at any possibility.

If you liked Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Date Movie, Dance Flick or any of those gems go ahead and check Scary Movie 5 you are probably going to have fun.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unwatchable, May 15, 2014
You will not laugh. That's about it.

I knew this movie was going to be rough, but this was just awful..... A poorly done spoof film, that went south starting with the 1st terrible scene. I'm not even sure I cracked a smile at this garbage. One can only hope there isn't a Scary Movie VI. So here we go with the evaluation.

SCRIPT:
I could probably guarantee my review has more words and less misspellings!

FX:
Get ready for a re-used ape costume, the "Ring" character (AGAIN), a moving wig and a sh*tty banana.

ACTING:
Cameos galore. Yes, lots and lots of cameos!!! The celebs are just lining up to let everyone know that their careers are over!

Yup, get ready to see your favorite celebs and Scary Movie regulars come together to act out the most poorly written scenes in comedic history. You'll be greeted with such jokes as "The Poopie Pie" and "The Chair Having Sex With The Microwave" and "Flinging Feces" and ........ well that's about it.......

SUMMARY:
THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars this movie blows, September 14, 2013
do not waste time on this pathetic excuse for a movie. i would give anything for that two hours of my life back. i would have rather chew off my own arm than watch this movie ever again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Raunchy knee slapping dorm room comedy, September 12, 2013
This movie played out like many of the most recent horror movies which made it predictable in parts. I guess you shouldn't be watching this movie for the "wow" factor, only if you want a few laughs. And I do mean a few. Some of the same jokes are repeated more than once in the movie it was just okay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary Movie 5, December 22, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars You knew this was a Scary Movie movie right?, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Scary Movie 5 (DVD)
Im surprised by the negative reviews. Trust me,they are being party poopers on purpose
If you arent a fan of the series already,this one probably wont win you over - but for fans of the series,they should be right at home

The Zucker/Proft duo aim the next installment at Paranomal Activity,Rise Of The Plantet Of The Apes and Black Swan, sans Anna Faris but with a healthy cast of Scary Movie regulars and cameos. The absence of Fari's wide-eyed Cindy might be a drawback,but it also frees the movie from serving her storyline (a laughable fact of the series,known to retcon characters deaths from previous sequels). A certain wight is lifted and it feels fresh to have a new lead in the likable Ashley Tisdale. Its also nice to have Simon Rex back in a supporting role after a mere cameo in part 4.

Charlie Sheen,Terry Crews,Kat Williams,Snoop Dogg,Mac Miller,Molly Shannon,Jerry O'Connell,Lil Duval,Sarah Hyland,Darrell Hammond,Lindsey Lohan and others join the fun. Sure..some jokes fall flat,and theres a fair share of juvenile humor-but it is Scary Movie 5,not Hamlet...this should be expected.

Have you seen 1-4? Did you like them? Ok then..see SM5. It will remind you of that movie about the cabin in the woods. Whatever the name of that movie about the cabin in the woods was. ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars An awful movie, save your money, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Scary Movie 5 (DVD)
I would just like to start by saying that this is the first and only movie I have ever walked out on at the theater.

The PG13 rating is perfect for Scary Movie 5 because the audience it targets is definitely younger teens. The humor isn't witty or clever in the least but the younger audience was dying with laughter (12-14 year olds). This makes me wonder if the original Scary Movies were equally as bad and I was too young to notice? But I'd like to think at least the first two films in this series were funny.

The opening scene with Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan was terrible which was them in bed doing a spoof on the Paranormal Activity movies. And the following spoof of 'Mama' was equally bad and when I decided I had seen enough.

I would say this qualifies for the worst movie I've ever seen. I wouldn't recommend this film to anyone ever, not even my worst enemy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, October 13, 2013
It was good but was expecting the original cast with Anna Farris and the Wayans Bros. but I guess it was alright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy!, June 21, 2014
This review is from: Scary Movie 5 (DVD)
The Scary Movie 5 is one of many, but this one is real good! You should add this title to your collection, cheep!

Scary Movie 5  (Unrated) (Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet)
$39.99 $14.98