Customer Discussions > F.E.A.R. 3 - Playstation 3 forum

Scary or just straight guns blazing?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 27, 2011 9:17:33 AM PDT
Unit543 says:
Just wonder if this will be a ordinary fps with really no creativity..I like crysis 2 and dislike CoD so you see what I mean..Part 2 was not scary but just really action oriented..will this be the same as 2 or more fear factor oriented? ..

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 5:29:09 PM PDT
me says:
scary

Posted on May 27, 2011 9:33:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2011 9:33:57 PM PDT
C. Oliver says:
They've hired masters of horror, such as John Carpenter (helping with story) and Steve Niles of 30 Days of Night (working on cinematography) so I'd say, yes, they mean to scare the ever-living-daylights out us. Or, at the least gross us out beyond belief.

Day 1 Studios did acknowledge that they geared FEAR 2 more toward the action side so as to keep pacing and that was intentional, but with FEAR 3 they're going for a mixture more inclined toward the original FEAR: Action segments, followed by freak-out moments and probably some surprises (the creatures being more grotesque and unpredictable for instance) in there since this is Alma's last dance in the series. However, I have a distinct feeling that this is by no means the end of the franchise judging by the ending of FEAR 2 and what developers have been hinting at in interviews.

Anyhow, hope I've answered this question to your satisfaction.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2011 8:29:03 AM PDT
Unit543 says:
Thanks for this,I just preordered. The game looks overall insane,can't wait for it.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 11:21:56 AM PDT
Ryan says:
If you preorder at gamestop you get fear 2 for free

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2011 4:06:33 PM PDT
Unit543 says:
yea but with Amazon you get 20 credit(which you can get fear 2 for cheaper here) and a novel..Still a better bet to get it on Amazon..Plus Part 2 was not great as it was more action oriented.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9a3e71ec)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 27, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 13, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
F.E.A.R. 3 - Playstation 3
F.E.A.R. 3 - Playstation 3 by Warner Bros (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (81)