5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun for us movie nerds out there.
Published on February 15, 2009 by M. B Cole

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun family game but limited re-playability
Fun game but limited replay value, becomes repetitive after a while. also no new content updates in over a year.
Published on December 18, 2010 by CP

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun for us movie nerds out there., February 15, 2009
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
So I bought the bundle with the four controllers and when it arrived I immediately ripped it open and threw it in the 360 like a Frisbee (cause I'm that good). Grabbed a couple friends and started playing. We all had a good time playing the MANY different puzzles. There were a lot of different movies in here which keeps the excitement going. So basically what you get is the game, 4 controllers, and a tiny RF box for the controllers.

That RF box is one of only 2 things I don't like about this. Seriously...RF? Well, I think it's RF. Basically you HAVE to make sure the controllers can see the little box so you can answer. And you HAVE to make it point at it. I had it pointed in the air once and it would not answer the question. That is really annoying. And then the only other gripe I have is the bonus points between rounds. Sometimes they just give to many points away...for NOT BEING GOOD. My friend beat me twice because of this. Even he said that was a little stupid for the loser to get a lot of points like that. Sure it's nice to give them some to keep the game close and fun, but don't give so many that it almost becomes ridiculously easy for the loser to win. Well, that's really the only two things and it wasn't enough to make me drop the score.

Also Xbox Live is pretty active for the game and I've never really had a problem with finding people to play with.

As of this post there has been one new Downloaded Content release for the game with a bunch of new movies. Pretty cool.

I would definitely buy this game if you're a lover of movies. It's a lot of fun.

P.S. Wanna beat me? Find me on there sometime. The name is kegrun79.

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't we just see this one? Oh well, June 15, 2009
Just a guy (Some distant Military base) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Fun game, especially since the other scene-it games I have are the older DVD based games. This system allows more individualistic play between the players as oposed to simply shouting out stuff/sharing a controller.

Unsure why they didnt choose to use the same type-technology on the controllers that the Xbox controller use. These are direct line of sight controllers and I have missed a few due to my forgetting this in the moment. Given that they are responsive and I saw no other distraction.

I hope the game has more questions than what I have allready seen though. In the 1st 4 games (Ive only had this a week at this point) My wife and I received the same questions over and over. Not a similar question or different questions on the same movie/topic. But the exact same!

And finally, What is with the scoring. I have been beaten by my wife due to charity and not answering the questions. We are not competative at all... well i should say She isnt... I am. I'd have a healty lead on her only to watch her come from behind during the score results for items like: 2000 pts for slowest reaction, 1500 points for the most incorrect answers. Lets quit rewarding mediocre/poor work and let me get on with my crushing her!!!

Overall it is still fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars SceneIt Box Office Smash - Great for families and social get-togethers!, November 5, 2008
M. Hess "slyhessgal" (issaquah, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This is a great title for everyone...so many funny movie scenes that make it super entertaining to play, or even just watch from the sidelines. Love the new avatars too. I love that is not just Q and A trivia...the puzzles are so fun, and you can make a good guess even if you don't know the film or the answer. This is an AWESOME game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great party game!!!, July 10, 2011
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We have a blast with this game - 4 people can play, and the controllers are great and also work with You Don't Know Jack... which is also a great game. This game has short and long versions, and everyone always has a great time of both.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun family game but limited re-playability, December 18, 2010
CP (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, especially for the price, January 26, 2012
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
You get a game. You get four wireless controllers. You get batteries for all four controllers. All for less than the price of two movie tickets. How can you go wrong? The family and I have played this several times and have yet to experience the same questions in the same round of play. Re-playability is the same as any other game out there. You can spend $50 for you or your child to sit and play a game by themselves, or you can spend some quality time with the family for $15. To me this is a no brainer and worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun! This is totally worth the money., February 11, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I purchased this game as a good game to play with my friends who are not frequent video game players. I wanted something that was simple to pick up on, and something that was fun for people that aren't necessarily serious movie buffs. These game is great. It's a steal at around $25-$30, since it includes the buzzers as well. I am also a huge fan of Buzz, but this game is much easier to set the buzzers up for. I am not sure if there are downloadable packs, but that would be the one thing that would make it even better. The movies are very current, so that makes it really fun too. The other cool thing is how it incorporates your avatars into the game. This is a great game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even funner than the dvd board game, January 19, 2009
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I highly recommend this product. My husband and I have spent countless hours playing this game and every friend we have introduced it to has loved it. The provided controllers work great. The puzzles are varied and creative. Best of all, it isn't turn based so everyone gets to play at once (in contrast to the board game which is turn based). This game has a fairly wide variety of movie clips and questions, including movies that just barely came out. This product should be fun for everyone who enjoys watching movies and it is a great family game (or couples game) for the Xbox 360.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun time!, April 30, 2009
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Did not realize this one came with the 4 controllers, so was even more pleased when it arrived. The controllers work just fine, and make the game even more exciting. The puzzles and questions are fun, and really mix it up well. Like others have said, the clips recycle pretty fast as you play more games, but the questions change. The "bonus" points at the end of each round are arbitrary at best and serve only to keep the game from getting out of hand if you have one superstar player on a particular team. The final round is where all the points are made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Movie trivia at it's best, February 16, 2010
This review is from: Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This has been a go-to game of mine for well over a year now. When I'm bored, when I have company, if I'm having a party and even when I get home from the bar at 3am. It's so much fun to see who wins and who really sucks! If I had to say one bad thing about it, it would be about how teeny tiny the text is on the screen. I have a 32" flat screen, but if my TV was any smaller, I don't think I'd be able to play. I would keep in mind that my couch sits pretty far from my TV and that might add to the tiny words.

Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle - Xbox 360