Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sceptre 40" Class LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV, X405BV-FHD3
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 15, 2013
I was hesitant to buy this TV given the low end, lesser brand reputation. I'd been warned that you get what you pay for, poor quality, limited shelf life, etc. But I'm a college student and simply didn't have the money to invest in a high end model. This TV has been a pleasant surprise! Great picture quality, easy to use, sound is decent. HD looks amazing - lots of HDMI ports. The stand it comes with clicks into place, so basically zero assembly required. And it's energy efficient so keeps my electric bill low. I've had my TV for a year now, no issues. I'd buy another Sceptra TV without hesitation.
on July 28, 2013
The T.V. itself it great it has great Display and even the functionality of the T.V. is easy to understand.

The T.V. is really good for watching movies, gaming or just watching T.V. the only thing that i've noticed on this T.V. is that the sound like what other people says it is "good" or "meh" for me it's just plain annoying when I watch T.V. via blu-ray the sound just go REALLY LOUD even if it is on 10~ or lower it is annoying specially when you are watching a movie that has a lot of explosions you won't enjoy this T.V. AT ALL it's either the "explosions" in the movie is really loud "OR" when the characters talk it feels like they're whispering, What I do on this matter is just have the remote next to me lower the volume on the "explosion" part and put it up when they're talking sometimes it's just annoying..

There are 2 solutions on this matter:

You can get a home theater system for the sound output

-OR-

If you have a playstation 3 like me, I just use my headset for watching movies at night.

other than that the picture is great, the design is great and the sockets on it is really useful if you want it to be used as a monitor or if you have another console or device.
on January 19, 2014
Majestic! Using it for a computer monitor. The Image color and clarity rates with my other brand-name sets. It has all the inputs needed. The brushed nickel finish is actually black but looks real nice! The frame is thin, nice swivel base. It's very bright, took a few hours to get use to it - after that it's very comfortable to look at even close range. Lots of ways you can program and configure it. I think the sound is pretty darn good. I have a speaker system attached but my initial testing (1-2 days) without it proved the sound to be equal or better than other units. The remote is kind of cheesy, made of the thinner / softer plastic (easy to crush) but it’s packed full of functionality. I noticed it DID NOT like the Costco brand batteries. I thought I had a bad one, then I tried the batteries that came with it and it worked fine. The sale price at Walmart was 279, if you need an LED 40 inch 1080P HD TV that looks great – you won’t be disappointed.
on March 6, 2015
received in good condition.