4.0 out of 5 stars Very good 720p picture quality - ONE YEAR Update
Published on November 7, 2012 by Yarii

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent For the Price
Published on November 8, 2012 by Joe

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good 720p picture quality - ONE YEAR Update, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Sceptre E325BV-HDH 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
***** 1 YEAR UPDATE: I hesitated to order a TV where I'd never heard of the brand name, so I did a little research beforehand. Sceptre has been in business since 1984 making PC monitors, so it only makes sense they know what they're doing - making a TV is not much different, but with the addition of a TV tuner card among other things. This TV is in a room where it picks up cat litter dust and still no problems.
*****
The screen is matte as well as the frame around the TV--it looks like matte black brushed aluminum, but it's plastic. The stand is glossy black. The picture quality is very good. The sound is decent if you choose something other than the default setting - one of the settings a graphic equalizer appears, and you have your choice of rock, pop, jazz, and user, where you choose your own settings on the slider bar. Just play with it a bit to find your personal preference.

Plus: Not one dead pixel...I scrutinized it carefully for hours.

The 32" size is perfect for a bedroom; and it has a sleep timer, and it can be set to shut off at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90 and 120 minute intervals.

Make sure you peel all the clear plastic off. Five screws in the bottom of the stand and you're finished. The stand doesn't wobble and feels secure enough as long as you don't have kids trying to hang off it. Sceptre also provides a screwdriver and a cleaning cloth.

Two tiny complaints: 1. It would have been nice to have a back-lit remote control to see it easier in the dark; 2. The first week I had this, it had a funky plastic odor that I'd notice whenever I entered my bedroom, but I don't smell it now.

NOTE: You cannot use the USB for playing movies off a flash drive, etc.

NOTE: This can also be used as a computer monitor - it has the blue plug-in port for monitor to PC hook-up and the green port for the speaker hook-up. (But I personally didn't try it as a monitor, I only wanted a TV). It's there if you want it.

If you're looking for an antenna, this is an excellent one:
Paper Thin Leaf Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in the USA! - Manufacturer Refurbished
*****
Also, see customer-uploaded images - I took a photo during DWTS showing the picture quality of the TV - and a photo showing the remote control up-close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome TV, October 16, 2012
I never take time to do reviews, but this time they deserve it:

Good stuff:

- LED (ultrathin)
- Modern and cool black shiny design
- Good contrast ratio (better than most)
- Remote and menus very easy
- 3xHDMI, etc...
- PRICE!

"Could be better" stuff:

- Its not FULL HD, only 720p. Anyways I tried out 1080p movies and its simply amazing quality.
- Headphone jack doesnt give out great quality (I really dont care because I wont use it)

They know how to perform their brand touchpoints with the costumer. I opened it, everything was neatly packaged, with zip locker plastic bags, it included a nice screwdriver, and all the connections on the TV are labeled with color stickers with what they are (HDMI, PC, CABLE) so you dont have to go blind looking for it. Small details that make the difference!

By the way it shipped super fast (with ordinary 3-5day shipping), ordered it on friday night and got it monday.

Way to go for Amazon and Sceptre!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, October 11, 2012
I was a little skeptical at first about buying a no name, fails cheap LED TV. I didn't think the tv would be great quality and I though there would be many problems. It was delivered on time, in perfect condition. Let me tell you, the TV looks absolutely great. It has a really thin border, and feels well built. The stand was easy to set up, and I got the TV working within 5 minutes. The picture quality honestly is pretty darn good. For a mere $209 32 inch LED tv, you can't ask for a better price than this. The picture quality was great, and sound was good. There were 3 channels that appeared to be signaling issues. Whether that is because of the tv or cable, I don't know. If you are like me, someone who wants a great looking tv, at a good size and amazing price, look no further. This will be well worth your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent For the Price, November 8, 2012
Good picture, crappy sound, but I am using a home stereo amp for audio, so it's not much of an issue. Basic TV features, easy to use, with a shallow learning curve. The only real complaints I have, is that I was led to believe (based on everything I've read about it on the net) that this TV had a glossy piano black bezel. But instead, it is an ugly black wood grain. Also, every spec reference I've seen on the net says that this TV has a 6.5 ms response time. But the intructions that come with it says 8 ms, which is not as good. Might want to consider that if you intend to use it for video gaming. I don't play video games, so it's not that big a deal, but still misleading. I had to buy, and then wait for the TV to get here, to find out that the spec listed all over the net is bogus. Overall, I would probably buy it again, due to the reasonable price. Not likely to ever find a perfect TV for a rock-bottom price. So I am satisfied. But I don't see this TV as a 5 star TV, like most of the other reviews here. Decent for the money? Yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tv for its price!, November 17, 2012
I can not believe that i am able to purchase a good T.V for $223 bucks!. The picture quality is amazing. If you were to look from the side angles of the TV u can still see the picture quality perfectly without any blur. For the record, i do not understand why people say the sound quality is bad. I think the sound quality is good for a $200 dollar TV. If you expect to get a high end tv with that price range then your expectations are too dam high. I also have a 42inch LCD 1080p TV but i like the picture quality of this LED TV more. The side views like i mentioned before is not blurry and the picture quality is much brighter.

As i write this review, i am hooking it up with to laptop. This tv has a better picture quality than my monitor!. Sceptre also specialize in computer monitors as well. No wonder they have such a good picture quality. Before discovering about Sceptre i was thinking of getting an Insignia 32 inch tv but the reviews werent buying it for me. After doing some research on this T.V and reading the other good reviews, i can say that i made a good decision. I needed a TV to play ps3 games and watch movies from my laptop. It simply gets the job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far great TV, September 13, 2012
Bought this tv for my kids room, picture looks great. The price unbeatable. Sound is pretty good to my ears. Win win for us.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great till It got discolorization, November 15, 2012
JP Gui "Jay" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This LED TV was great till it got a discolorization issue on lower left portion of the screen just on top of the left speaker. A yellowish palm size discolorization appears after a week of using the unit. Amazon did replace it and had the replacement shipped right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value For An LED TV, November 14, 2012
Finally decided it was time to take the HDTV plunge and replace our 15 year old, 19 inch Symphonic television. We put off purchasing an HDTV until the prices came down to a fixed price point we arbitrarily set years ago when they first came out.

Our criteria for a new set: LED rather than LCD, thin profile, multiple inputs, $200 price point, and in the 32 inch size class.

This set meets all of our criteria very well.

Set was delivered in just 2 days thanks to our Prime membership. Setup was very quick an easy. I had downloaded the user manual ahead of time, and was able to use the information in the manual to cut out and weld up my own custom wall mount for the set. (Think hospital style wall mounting) Just 4 metric machine screws and the set was mounted and up on the wall.

At time of order, we also purchased a couple of HDMI cables. A very short cable to plug into a Roku box that was mounted up on the wall with the TV and a long cable to connect our DVD player. Some older equipment is connected via the composite video and audio inputs.

After a month of use, here are our observations.

What we like:

The picture is very sharp and crisp, with no lag at all during fast action scenes, a problem with some LCD sets.

The sound is acceptable, with reasonable frequency response.

Boot up time is short, and the set turns on to the last channel or input selected.

The over the air TV tuner is sensitive and pulls in weak signals with ease. We're quite far from a metro area and still get many channels with our small, outdoor antenna.

What we don't like:

While the remote is intuitive, and easy to use by touch alone; There's a button sorely missing. Changing inputs can require up to 9 button presses. First you have to press the input button, then scroll down the list of available inputs. Next, after highlighting your choice, you need to press the select button. A single input select button that would cycle through all available would make this television perfect!

Conclusion:

For the price, this is a wonderful television that we've very pleased with. If we have occasion to purchase another of this size, we'll be buying another one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cheap LED TV, October 31, 2012
Great TV, especially for the price. Bought one as a trial since you can't beat the price - how bad could it be? - for a kids room. After using for a week or so, bought 2 more for the other bedrooms. Highly recommended! At 32" you don't gain anything by going to 1080p.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Decent Little TV, November 15, 2012
I bought this for my RV. I think it's about the right size for my RV and it has a pretty good picture connected to my Panasonic BluRay. I had a Vizio 22" Razor LED backlit that this one replaced and honestly I think the Vizio picture was a tad better but just too small for my application. But the Vizio was 1080p and this unit is 720p. I just watched a bit of Lord of the Rings on this unit and the picture quality is good. I haven't done any tweaking yet. I can already see that I want to do some adjusting on the colors but will save that for a camping night activity. I think the TV is a good buy and worth the few hundred dollar price tag. Only time will tell if it will last as I'm not familiar with name brand Sceptre but quality seems good. The unit came nicely packed and even had a little screwdriver to connect the base and had screen cleaning pad.

One thing to note. DO NOT buy the wall mount that is combined with this TV on Amazon's section at the bottom that suggests you buy the mount. It is the wrong size. This TV has the wider VESA 400 x 200 size and the mount Amazon is adding to the bottom in the "add this to your order section" is only a VESA 200 x 200 size (too small). I had to return mine and let Amazon know but I think were confused because the mount says it fits up to 37" TV, but that doesn't matter since the size of that mount does not fit the back of this TV. Amazon has the right mount for $4 more. Just make sure it fits VESA 400x200.

Sceptre E325BV-HDH 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
$499.99 $175.65