4.0 out of 5 stars Here are instructions on how to connect the cable
Many people complained about that this sound bar is not compatible with their TV or not modern.
There are two ways to connect it to any TV.

Published 20 months ago by Andrew

2.0 out of 5 stars Much better options available for very little more money
I purchased this on one of the recent lightning deals and after using for about 3 days, I decided to return it. There are several issues with the device that cause me to feel like it is not worth the cost.

Published 20 months ago by Brandon Ryan

2.0 out of 5 stars Much better options available for very little more money, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Sceptre SB20202B Home Theater Sound Bar (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

First, the device does not have optical inputs, just coax and analog stereo RCA. Though I don't need optical with my television at the moment, it is likely I will acquire additional equipment in the future that may need this input, and may products in this price range include this input.

Second, it is very picky on the format of the digital audio. I found that I constantly have to change inputs from digital to analog on the device as I change inputs to my TV. When my TV is displaying input from AT&T U-verse, everything sounds great. However as soon as I switch to digital broadcast TV or Xbox 360, the device emits a VERY LOUD buzzing sound because it does not know how to decode the audio. This is unacceptable.

Third, the audio is not very good. I had the choice of putting the device in "News" mode which sounded identical to the speakers already in my TV, negating the purpose of the sound bar, or I could put it in one of the "Music, Games, or Movie" modes, which had way too much echo or reverb and sounded very artificial and tinny.

Fourth, no subwoofer. The audio has no depth, no bass. The TV speakers had more depth than the sound bar did.

Add about $20/30 to your budget, pass on this one, and get a little more expensive device with some of these other features I have described. You will be glad you did.

Please feel free to comment on this review with any questions about the device and I will be happy to edit the review to answer them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Here are instructions on how to connect the cable, December 7, 2012
There are two ways to connect it to any TV.

1. Use the cable coming from the package. Insert one black connector to "coaxial" on the sound bar and the other black connector to "coaxial digital audio output" on your TV. I guess most of the modern TV has "coaxial digital audio output". I just bought a new LCD TV and it has this output. Doing this way you will hear sound coming from both TV and sound bar. If you do not like the sound from TV, you can simply mute your TV and your sound bar will work well. You need to choose "source = COAX" on sound bar or use your remote. Otherwise you will not get any sound.

2. You need to buy a "RCA sound cable" . You can find this cable around 1 dollar on amazon. You then connect this cable to headphones or analog audio output. This approach is for very old TVs without "coaxial digital audio output". You need to choose "source = AUX" on sound bar or use your remote.

I have tried both ways. Both work well. Of course this sound bar cannot be compared with 200 or thousand dollars expensive ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for the price, December 8, 2012
After reading some of the reviews I wasn't sure how this would sound. I had just bought the Sceptre 32" TV- which for the money was great. Except. The sound really was poor. So, I thought, well for only $69 here on Amazon, even if it just a bit better it would be worth it. I got it the other day. Setup was very easy. The sound bar looks really good. Very high quality looking. Also the blue lights are nice. Now for the sound. You have 4 modes. Two of the modes don't sound good at all. And the third one- news mode is very flat, but if you wanted hear words, it would be just right. Ok, but the last soundmode- music, was EXCELLENT! Much better than the stock TV speakers. Now this unit is in my office, so I didn't need it to be real great- just decent. My main system is very high end- B&W speakers, DCM sub, Onyko Pro-logic, and Samsung Plasma- fyi. In conclusion. YES. If you stick with the music mode for pretty much everything, it sounds really really good. For under $100, well worth the price. You won't be disappointed if you are happy with using just one of the four sound modes. And for most people, that is fine. peace out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., December 25, 2012
OWEN (OVERLAND PARK, KS) - See all my reviews
If I hear one more person say it doesn't have a sub woofer, I'm going to scream out my window, "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore. This unit is nice for the price. It isn't 500 bucks, it isn't 300 bucks for a reason. It is a nice upgrade for someone that doesn't have a receiver that has the TV as their only sound source. PERIOD. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound at a great price, November 29, 2012
This Sceptre soundbar comes with everything you will need to connect it to your TV. No need to purchase extra cords or cables, it has both the RCA and Coax inputs that most TVs have (I have a 50" Westinghouse that it connects to).

If you are not an extreme audophile and just want some better sound that all built in HDTVs lack, this is a great choice.

This little bar can get LOUD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 30, 2012
Best $38 ever spent. Sound quality is even better than expected. I plan on getting two more as gifts for Christmas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Sounding, January 27, 2013
Paid $37.00 for product. You get what you pay for holds true to this item. Old style hookups and very "Tin" like sound from product. An alright product, but anymore than $40 and I would have returned it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price..., January 5, 2013
I got this sound bar when it was on major sale for around $36. I don't think I would have payed more than $50 for it though. The build quality is very high, it has a nice weight to it. All of the LCD instrumentation is behind a piece of somewhat mirrored plastic with a dark metal finish, so even when it is off, you can't see where the lights would be, even in direct daylight.

The sound quality on the other hand is just OK. For $36 its friggin awesome, but not for any other price. Yes, it can get loud, but there is a major lack of bass (read: none). You can hear everything loud and clear, its just that there is no bass whatsoever. However, in comparison with the built in audio for most LCD TVs, this will no doubt be a significant improvement.

Also, if you have a Sceptre TV, it will be a pain in the ass with the remote. Basically, the TV and the soundbar have the same IR signal to shut off. BUT, with the sound bar, you have to hit the power button twice: once to get it to "wake up" and be in the ready state to accept another signal, and then again to actually shut it off. So when you press the power button the first time, your TV shuts off, but your soundbar goes to the "ready state" and if you hit the power button immediately after (basically double tapping) your TV will turn back on and your sound bar will turn off. The solution is to hit a different button other than power to get the sound bar "ready" and then hit the power button. It's annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars liked it so much bought a second, February 28, 2013
perfect sound better then the sonys i looked at at walmart and half the price. so I had to buy another for my sister and she loves it A+++++ shipped and pacjked well delievered on time, easy to set up, and sounds amazing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality was okay, but slight delay, January 6, 2013
I have an LG 47 inch smart tv. Which only has a digital optical output. So when I tried setting this soundbar up I could only do it through my cable box, the soundbar was ahead of my tv by about a half a second. I tried everything to match up the sounds and nothing was working. I used the rca and coax and it was the same. So I went into my tv settings and tried matching it up and got closer but it was still off and it was enough for me to return it.

It was kind of like walking into a Target or WalMart and listening to the tvs and noticing that some of the sounds are off by a little bit even though everything on the screen is the same.

The sound of the speakers are okay, but since I had a delay between the tv and the soundbar I needed to return it.

Since then, I purchased a Boston Acoustics soundbar and used the digital optical output on my smart TV and the sound matches up perfectly. No settings needed to be changed.

This could pose a problem for any smart tv owners out there who only have a digital optical output. Look for a soundbar that has a digital optical input.

Rate and Discover Movies