Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sceptre X325BV-FHD 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 2, 2012
I bought this tv during cyber week and i have to say.. save your money.. i did get it in a quick and timely manor.. but it only worked for a day and a half and went completely black.. it wasn't an issue with the power either.. the power indicator was on.. but no sound or picture came from it.. as well as when i was watching the tv when i did have it working, the picture was fuzzy.. i wish you luck if you did purchase it.
on April 13, 2016
I had this TV, it worked fine for the year I used it. Then I moved in with my boyfriend and it sat unused for about 3 months. I gave it to my mom and it crapped out within 1 month. TV's should last longer than this.
on November 26, 2012
I own this one and the 40 inch one and love both of them. However, the sound really does not get that loud. I added some speakers and now it's awesome. Anything less then 32" is just too small for me and of course 1080p is noticeably better in my opinion then 720, common sense right. The negative reviews claim that they break fast and I don't doubt that it's a cheap tv, however I have owned three, sold two and still have the 40", going on 7 months and it's working great. Take the risk as amazon customer service is very good and will refund. I'd give 5 stars if the sound was better.
Sceptre also gives you a screw driver!!! Not saying that's why I bought the tv, but damn it beats running around looking for one lol. Buy this tv is you are as cheap as me!
on October 31, 2012
I ordered this because of the price, if you want an actual good picture I would advise against it. I fiddled with settings for days, I consider myself a pretty advanced techie, and I just could not get it to a level where it satisfied me at all. Returned the TWO I bought (so it's extremely unlikely that it was just a defective pair) and grabbed some more insignias, for price and picture ratio, you just can't go wrong with them imo. It's not a bad product necessarily, but if you're used to really vibrant colors and a really clear HD picture, you're going to be disappointed with this Sceptre.
on February 22, 2013
Simply put, this was a great buy for the price I paid. Sure, this isn't the top of the line tv with the newest and greatest features, but it is 1080p, has more hdmi ports than most other tvs at this price range and does the job. I use it for my gaming system since my main other tv only has 2 hdmi ports and one of them stopped working.
A lot of the other reviewers have stated that the sound is terrible/tiny, I would have to disagree. I actually put the sound on to "4 or 6" when I watch in my room since I find it too loud, but that's probably because most people these days listen to music devices all day long and have poor hearing (wild unsubstantiated guess) or I just have super hearing, who knows. It's more likely that it's due to placement, since this one is in my room and not in a living room.
The one huge negative is the stand, it's made from cheap plastic and is wobbly and looks unstable. It's unfortunate that a good tv comes with such a poorly designed stand.
To summarize, if you are in need of an extra television set and don't want to pay top dollar, think about this one.
on June 19, 2014
Picture was not bad, and for the purchase date the price was not bad. Based on a couple of reports of the picture going black right away, I thought I was safe if it worked a couple of months. But no. Two months out of manufacturer's warrant the picture went black. It is dead. I bought a replacement Vizio LED Smart TV of the same 32" size at Wal-Mart tonight for only $10 more than this junk cost me.
on January 28, 2013
When I was looking to buy a new HDTV to replace my ancient Toshiba, I looked at a lot of TVs, read a lot of reviews, and ended up buying this one for its combination of size, resolution, features, and decent reviews, both on Amazon and other sites on the web that do product reviews, First off, quite a few 32 inch TVs only support 720p, and of those that support 1080p, many are quite a bit more expensive, though price alone is not the only consideration. Besides supporting 1080p, I also like that this comes with 3 HDMI ports, a VGA with audio, USB, composite (RCA), component (RGB), audio L+R (RCA) out, SPDIF, an old style RF cable hookup so you can use a set top box or even an over-the-air antenna because the internal tuner is both digital and analog, and finally a headphone jack for private listening, The TV is easy to set up and the remote is easy to use. There are enough adjustments so getting the color right is fairly easy. There is a simple equalizer and some settings for the audio, and the sound is pretty good, but it does sound a lot better hooked up to an external sound system. The plastic stand is sturdy enough, and it swivels quite far, but it doesn't tilt. Though there is the option to wall mount it, some of the connections are in the back, facing downwards, so it shouldn't be too difficult to hook stuff up, except maybe the USB port which is in the back too. The remaining connectors are on one side of the TV and there are some button controls on the other. All in all, I am very satisfied with this TV. It may not be internet ready but I have it hooked up to my laptop, so I have the internet on my TV, and as a monitor, it sure beats my laptop screen for watching Youtube and streaming movies, TV shows, or anything that the web offers, Good price, nice features, decent quality... What more can you ask?
on February 23, 2014
Bought this for my teenage daughter to replace a old big TV so she could have a slim flat screen with all the hookups she needed for her wii & xbox. It is ok for her, but I can tell a major difference in it compared to our $2000+ Sony & our other Plasma TVs & LED TV's by other brands. But for her it is fine, for the price it was great. You get what you pay for. I just don't think it has a good quality picture, but she has never complained & we have had it about 14mths now & it still works, so that is a plus!
on November 30, 2012
I really wasn't looking to buy an HD TV, since I already have a 32" 720p. When I saw this on Cyber Monday for $179, I couldn't NOT buy it. Now that I've tried it out, I can hardly believe what a good deal it was.

How I use it: Currently it's connected to my laptop so I can watch videos/movies by using it as a 2nd monitor and still use my laptop screen at the same time. When I have a desktop computer and a computer desk, this 1080p TV and the 720p TV I already have will work as dual monitors.

Image Quality: 1080p resolution is great because there's no noticeable pixelation even when using it as a computer monitor (which is not always true for 720p). The color is SUPERB. The color and brightness on this TV actually produce a prettier image than theater projectors IMO. And the blacks are DARK. When displaying black, it's hardly lighter than when turned off. It's also worth mentioning that the screen is lit extremely evenly. My 720p LED TV has a glow around the edges which is mostly noticeable when displaying a lot of black. On the Sceptre, every pixel is evenly lit with no distortion whatsoever.

Sound: It doesn't sound like a speaker system, it sounds like a TV. My 720p Vizio is in the $350 range and has quality HD sound, but its also in another price/resolution category. At the time I'm writing this review, the Sceptre 1080p 32" can be found on Walmart.com for $198. You can invest the extra $150 and get an HD 5.1 surround sound system here on Amazon., or an HD sound bar if you don't want all that hassle.

In summary, this is a great TV and computer monitor. If you can get it for less than $220, you're getting quite nearly the best value on a consumer media device you can find.
on December 7, 2012
A fully featured 32" 1080P HDTV for under $180? Are you kidding me? I might buy one for every single room in the house, including that toilet room. (I'm from another country)

Granted, I bought it on Cyber Monday (Black Friday for people too lazy to put on pants)...tks jim kim. I bought a similar TV (720P Haier) last year on Cyber Monday for $199 and thought it was the deal of the decade. Boy was I wrong. That's 20 bucks I'll never get back.

Anyway, UPS delivered it safely and on time. I opened the box and set it up in a very few minutes. (They even give you a rubber handled screwdriver to attach the doggone stand - now, that's above and beyond in my book, mister.) Please understand, this is not a long term evaluation, but after 10 days of sorta lots of occasional use, I'm putting a stake in the ground and declaring it a great value.

I know what you're thinking. This brand name is completely unknown to me. Plus, way more importantly, it might not impress your friends and neighbors who only own Sony's or Samsung's.

Well, my neighbors aren't laughing anymore. I printed out the logo from a better known manufacturer and scotch taped it over the Spector..oops, Sceptre logo on the front of the TV.

No one has even noticed. I pretty sure they're laughing and pointing at Tina Fey on 30 Rock. ..or Leno or whatever.