Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schampa WarmSkin Pharaoh X-Treme Balaclava (Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 20, 2012
Checked all the reviews before buying; trust me on this: THIS ONE IS IT!!
Flat seams are great and don't give a headache
The mesh section at the nose works perfectly making it very breathable
The material works overtime keeping out the wind and cold (30 degrees F on a motorcycle going 70mph with 30mph crosswinds)
The front and especially the back reach down into your over-clothing to fully cover your neck and keep the wind out
The eye opening is wide enough so it does not limit your peripheral vision and allows glasses to be worn well
Fits and works very well underneath a motorcycle helmet - Full or open face.
I have a large head (2X) helmet size and this balaclava fits perfectly snug.
If you need a balaclava, BUY THIS ONE.
on January 12, 2013
More and more people are commuting by bicycle to save money. This item works well in temps below 25 when you're out on a bike, motorcycle, or as part of an emergency kit in the car or backpack.

Mesh fabric lets enough airflow through during heavy exertion. The air pocket created around the neck allows for air to be pre-warmed before taking it into your lungs, which is important for sub-zero weather.

The rest of fabric is comfortable. soft, yet thick fabric which is effective in stopping the wind penetration. The Schampa Pharoah keeps your skin warm during those cold rides.
on November 18, 2013
I waited a while so I could use this product in a couple of different applications before I rated it. I'm glad I did. For starters, Schampa is a known maker of quality balaclavas. This particular one is well made, good material, good stitching. The head cover provides absolutely no warmth protection. It fits snug on an average (hat size 7 1/8) head. It can go a full day under a helmet without stretching. The neck protecting wind panel is of a durable material that is soft against the body but keeps the wind and dust out. It's split to lay evenly and comfortably both front and back. Easy to breathe through.
For the down side: The open area around the eyes is small. The bottom part is cut almost straight across so if you pull it up over your nose, it's almost resting against the bottom of your eyes. OK, I have a big nose, but I doubt that's the issue in this case. You can see what I mean by looking at the picture illustration. The other part I didn't care for is that you can't comfortably pull down the face and nose cover below your chin. That's one of the tradeoffs with it being made out of a material that won't stretch... you can't pull it down to keep from fogging up glasses at a stop, take a drink of a beverage, talking, or whatever other reason you'd want to pull it down.
For use under a motorcycle or snow machine helmet, it's great. Much better than many other products on the market. To use by itself without a helmet, I think I'd look for something else.
on October 18, 2012
Got it to put underneath my helmet when riding my motorcycle, as it gets fairly cold in NY sometimes, and the wind blows hard underneath your chin making your entire body and face freeze. Well worry no more, all that solved with this excellent quality balaclava. Also very easy to breath through even with your helmet on...
on November 18, 2012
Works as well or better than I expected. Quite comfortable. No center crease if you pull it on your head fully. Great neck and back of the head / neck cold and wind protection. Added benefit of tightening the fit of my helmet, which reduces noise and reduces the impact of wind buffeting as helmet movement is reduced. I wear the nose portion under my nose. I would recommend it.
on August 11, 2013
seems short. i mean i shopped around looking for the longest neck cover on one of these face protectors and went with this one due to the reviews and pictures. it is pretty long...but honestly...its about 2 inches shorter than the picture displays. If you look at where the nose is on the picture then you would assume that the bib would come mid way down your chest. actually it does not quite get to the base of my neck.
if i could take it back to Thailand i would...also packaging???? They sent it in a 40cm X 20cm box with bubble wrap. The package weighed more than the item. could have just stuck it in an envelope. just saying.
on October 2, 2013
Fits nicely under my helmet and provides warmth in cool/mild weather. I'd say I have an average size face; If the fit felt any tighter, I may have only given 4 stars. I'm happy with my purchase.
on May 14, 2013
Keeps my head warm and dry, so much better than a ski cap and a face mask or a scar while skiing. I put a helmet or a light ski cap over top and I can tolerate even the coldest ski nights.
on October 14, 2013
Its perfect to protect feom the cold, and it also protects your collar shirt from the dirty. Exactly what i was expecting
on March 18, 2013
Stay warm when you ride on those cold winter days. Fits well. Flats seams are comfortable. Long neck for added warmth.