Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 1, 2011
I got this to review an entire college career's worth of biology and study for the DAT. I have not gotten very far in this book, but it is a well-formatted bit of information. It's quite thorough as well, and if studied carefully, can provide a great review of an entire biology curriculum.
on June 14, 2011
I have had this book for over 6 months now, and I have to say why was I not informed that this book was in publish before I entered my senior year in college majoring in Biology and Chemistry. This book alone taught me more about subjects such as proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates that my entire first semester of Biochemistry did! Also the information is given as plain fact without all the "baggage" that traditional textbooks give you. I even used this book when tutoring a student in biology and how this aid was able to word the material was able to help him transition from a D student to a B student because of the quality of this material.

A MUST BUY!!!
on August 25, 2012
Covers all the material you need to know for any general college Biology and I used it to study for the BIO GRE. Very helpful -- each chapter, and actually half the material, is covered in Question and Answer Format (paragraph form). I like having people quiz me while studying, so this type of format was great. I would recommend it over Kaplan's BIO GRE study guides.
on October 20, 2014
I have a B.S. in molecular biology from UC Irvine in California. I am a continuing student entering a BMS program for graduate school. I used this text to prepare me for my GRE subject exam in Biology. Stick to the practice exam provided by ETS. Do the practice test first, then you'll realize why this review is so pointless. Is this supposed to be a review of 4 years worth if biology courses fit into one text? I'm hard pressed to find any real use for it other than getting ready for the GRE.

In my opinion, a text with such a broad scope requires more than two authors. The only useful part in this text is the glossary at the back, which I ripped out to use as a study aid.

If I were to study for the exams again, I'd refer to my old biology book from early college.
on September 7, 2011
I went through my biology textbook (campbell) and the only difference is that Schuams is more consise and hte pictures are not as good. The material covered is the same as the textbook and the review book.
on March 12, 2013
The book helps you learn certain processes but it is mainly focuses on the human body rather than all aspects of biology such as animal behavior etc.
on June 12, 2013
This is the best outline to go with Campbell's biology book. Very useful and highly recommend if learning biology. This book is amazing.
on February 16, 2013
As usual, Schaum's puts out another winner for students who proclivities may not include biology. The outline can be essential to help those who struggle in biology.
on December 11, 2014
Another good review book for school. Will be buying more Schaums outlines
on January 23, 2013
This book lays over BIOLOGY. Good to have lying around to read and review but if you are looking for more concentrated information I would purchase a textbook