5.0 out of 5 stars Do not take Managerial Accounting without this book, April 22, 2007
Siddielou (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This book is what got me through managerial accounting in my MBA program. As a dyslexic mathphobe I was very nervous about taking an accounting class and I was not comforted at all by a professor who only seemed to speak in numbers and a textbook that confused even my friend - the CPA.

This book is clear, concise, and to the point and has tons of exercises/problems with a the answers fully worked out and explained. This book helped me get an A in my class - I highly recommend this book to everyone who needs help in managerial accounting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brush up on Part 2 of CMA with this product., January 1, 2007
K. Ramirez (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This book is great! It gives you really good examples of cost accounting problems. It includes easy to understand solutions in every chapter. I'm a current CMA candidate and this book helped understand many of costing procedures that I had difficulty grasping in college. Excellent review material!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Buy!, May 8, 2008
gneloris (Moss Point, MS USA) - See all my reviews
Inside managerial accounting are bases for cost accounting, too. Most Cost Accounting textbooks are at a managerial emphasis, so this book helps with both managerial and cost accounting subjects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucid and carefully crafted, June 30, 2010
This is an extremely well thought-out and crafted book designed to maximize the learning of Managerial Accounting.

Every example and question seems to have been carefully designed with the defined objective of teaching Managerial Accounting as efficiently and intelligently as possible. You will find most Managerial Accounting concepts covered and perhaps explained better than your Managerial Accounting textbook.

I also have a 800 page Managerial Accounting textbook and I think I learned more relevant ideas on Managerial Accounting from this 350 page book.

Just like all Schaum's outlines, this book has mutiple problems and solutions at the end of each chapter. Additionally, there are "examinations" after end of each few chapters.

This book covers the following:

1)Cost classificiations
2)CVP and Break Even Analysis.
3)Budgeting
4)Standard Costs, Responsibility Accounting, and Cost Allocation
5)Performance Evaluation, Transfer Pricing, and Decentralization
6)Capital Budgeting
7)Quantitiave appraoches (weak)
8)Financial Statement Analysis
9)Product costing methods
10)ABC, JIT, TQM

The main weakness of this book is that it does not cover using MS Excel for Managerial Accounting. MS Excel is used quite extensively by cost accountants and Financial Analysts, especially for Capital Budgeting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teaching, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Schaum's Outline of Managerial Accounting, 2nd Edition (Schaum's Outline Series) (Paperback)
I never got so much out of a book as I did this one. I took this as a prep class for an MBA program. It has great examples and the answers so you can see your errors. On some chapters I went line by line. I have been out of school for a long time so I found the information very, very useful It makes me want to buy more of their outlines on other subjects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Start this book early in your semester, March 17, 2013
It's a helpful book, and can get you through your 100-level undergraduate managerial accounting class...if you let it. Detailed explanations, lots of practice problems (in both theory as well as math problems), and analysis of right and wrong answers is what's in this book that will help you ace the class. I thought this book explained the terms better than my own professor did. But results are going to vary about that.

I can see this book not making sense and not being helpful to the student that just opens it up right before an exam, and gets confused about where to begin. My advice is not to wait until the last minute to get acquainted with this book, otherwise it will help very little.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, August 26, 2010
This book has been very helpful to me and it's still my first week in this class. I was really hesitant on buying this but I can already tell it's going to help me tremendously to get a good grade in Managerial Accounting. I would recommend this to anyone who will be taking this class in the future because it's very helpful and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Work, April 5, 2014
KAMRAN PIRNAHAD (FREDERICKSBURG, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This book just like all other Schaum's Outlines publications is a very helpful and useful publication. Use it together with the main course book you are studying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good examples, May 9, 2013
Ray C (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
Managerial and cost accounting are basically the same and you could use this book for your cost accounting class as well. It covers many of the topics that you would find for that class. You could use this as a self study textbook if you wanted to learn managerial accounting independently.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview of management accounting, November 1, 2009
Used in an English language management accounting course in Poland with students from Poland, Czech and Germany. Good overview of mgt acc. Best feature - the many examples and exercises/problems with solutions. Considering the weight (since it was carried to Europe) and cost, this is an excellent text.

$19.00 $11.02