From the Back Cover
Master statistics with Schaum'sthe high-performance study guide. It will help you cut study time, hone problem-solving skills, and achieve your personal best on exams! Students love Schaum's Outlines because they produce results. Each year, hundreds of thousands of students improve their test scores and final grades with these indispensable study guides. Get the edge on your classmates. Use Schaum's!
If you don't have a lot of time but want to excel in class, this book helps you:
- Brush up before tests
- Find answers fast
- Study quickly and more effectively
- Get the big picture without spending hours poring over lengthy textbooks
Schaum's Outlines give you the information your teachers expect you to know in a handy and succinct formatwithout overwhelming you with unnecessary details. You get a complete overview of the subject. Plus, you get plenty of practice exercises to test your skill. Compatible with any classroom text, Schaum's Outlines let you study at your own pace and remind you of all the important facts you need to rememberfast! And Schaum's are so complete, they're perfect for preparing for graduate or professional exams. Inside, you will find:
- 508 solved problems, updated for today's students
- 694 additional practice problems
- Computerized solutions using Minitab software
- Easy-to-follow explanations of analyses of time series, the statistical process, control charts, and process capability computation
If you want top grades and a thorough understanding of statistics, this powerful study tool is the best tutor you can have!
- Variables and Graphs
- Frequency Distributions
- The Mean, Median, Mode, and Other Measures of Central Tendency
- The Standard Deviation and Other Measures of Dispersion
- Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis
- Elementary Probability Theory
- The Binomial, Normal, and Poisson Distributions
- Elementary Sampling Theory
- Statistical Estimation Theory
- Statistical Decision Theory
- Small Sampling Theory
- The Chi-Square Test
- Curve Fitting and the Method of Least Squares
- Correlation Theory
- Multiple and Partial Correlation
- Analysis of Variance
- Nonparametric Tests
- Analysis of Time Series
Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Murray J. Spiegel, Ph.D. (deceased)
was the chairman of mathematics at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Larry J. Stephens, Ph.D. is a professor of mathematics at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. He has taught statistics at the college level for more than 30 years.