Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scheppach M90700 6 1/4-inch Blade Plunge Saw with Two 25" Rails and Connector
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on March 24, 2013
A track saw, aka "plunge-saw", is a new category of tool, a job-site substitute for a table saw. It does not replace a table saw for cabinetry shops as the production is much slower. However ripping sheet goods with a table saw requires two people whereas a track saw needs one and with a little extra time one can achieve the same quality of cuts.

There are suddenly many track saws on the market: Festool, Bosch, Mafell, DeWalt, Makita, and now Sheppach. Sheppach is a German table saw maker so it was interesting that they decided to enter a market that was "cutting" into their main business. Their initial product is strikingly inexpensive, a third of the other German brands, and half that of Dewalt and Makita.

Their saw plunges forward as do most brands, with the exception of Dewalt. Dewalt plunges parallel to the work surface making it the best design in my opinion. The Sheppach has a constant speed motor with no speed control on it, most the others have a continuous speed motor which adjusts for load, I did not find this a problem. Like the others it has a dust ejector which attaches to a vacuum, useful in situations where dust would be a problem.

I docked them a star for a small track problem: the track comes in only 25", oddly short and less than half the length of the other manufacturers who typically issue 59" sections, which attach together with two splines. Sheppach also attach together with two splines, but only one spline was in the box, when I ordered an additional length of this too-short track it also had one spline even though two is required. Their Chicago distributor listened to my issue and sent two additional splines gratis. This should have been in the box. Once both splines were in place the Sheppach worked well even without clamps as it has rubber strips on the bottom to prevent movement, useful for cuts where clamps are impractical. The track is particularly wide such that I could clamp the top and the saw would run right past it, a better feature than narrower tracks which require proprietary clamps from underneath.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
The tool is not "made in Germany".....( it actually does not say anywhere where it's made) but it performs probably close to it's much more expensive german big brother. It does not have all the "bells and whistles" of the Festool but it is performing flawlessly.
I just wished the few small accessories were included in the box.....
on March 24, 2013
I had a remodeling project to install a number of new doors all of which required trimming. I bought this because it was so much cheaper than alternative brand products. It worked great! The only problem was the two 25 inch rails which had to be joined together to cut the door bottom and sides. The saw would hit the seam between the rails and had to be picked up to get over the slight difference in the heights of the rails. I would have given it a five but for the fact that you can not find rails online anywhere to extend the rails to cut an 80 inch door. I finally ordered a set of Makita rails which work great with the saw. I have to agree with other raters about the 6.25 in saw blade as an unusual dimension and do not know how easy it will be to replace when needed. All I know is the saw did exactly what I needed it to do and cut the doors perfectly.
on August 6, 2013
This saw is the same as the Woodstar Divar, Fox Shop and Grizzly track saws(they are injection molded in different colors). I am very happy with the saw, but have made some upgrades. I added a lock for when you want to change blades. The mounting hardware is on the saw for it, not sure why they don't have one on there, but I don't think it is on any of the other brands either, Maybe it would engage when the saw was running. The spring is very strong on the saw which make it hard to do one hand operation, which would be common with a circular saw. I changed out the .079 thickness spring with .063 and it makes working with the saw great without fatigue. I have seen a great review of the grizzly version of this saw by Marc from the wood whisperer, and he compared the cutting to a festool ts 55. My complaint was he was comparing a $65 festool blade to a $20 blade that comes with these saws. I updated the blade to a Frued 48 tooth festool compatible saw blade, and the cut was twice as clean, almost perfect, though the original blade does a good job, and beats a circular saw by a mile. The really only down side of this version compared to the Woodstar, Shop fox and Grizzly Track saw is that they come with a 55" track and the Scheppach comes with two 25" tracks which only equals 50". However, when the two tracks are aligned with a straight edge and connected tight it is very straight. I ordered a Fox shop 55" track and it seems like a common thing across all the 55" tracks, but they have cupping and the saw rocks. This doesn't happen on the Scheppach tracks. It was something noted on the wood whisperer grizzly track saw review and it was the same with the shop fox one I ordered too. I fixed the problem of the saw tilting in the track by adding a glide strip in between the two risers in the track and completely eliminated the tipping issue and the saw seems to still be at a 90 deg for the cut. I used the Dewalt glide strips to do this. My upgrades took my costs to just over that of the Grizzly track saw, but my saw has all the bells and whistles I could want with this saw. Problems fixed, top notch blade and 105" of track in total so I can rip a 4x8 sheet of ply or MDF. I recommend this saw over the other three versions, due to the flatter track, cost savings on the actual saw which would allow you to dial it in with a new blade. Yes, this saw is really good straight out of the box, but make a few mods and your cut will compare to a Festool, although the dust collection on the festool will still out preform this saw, but the dust collection is still good on the saw, so much cleaner than a circular saw. If you can't afford a festool or dewalt, Go for this line of saw, it will perform well.

**Update - New Mod. I recently added a shaped Plexiglas window that screws onto the outside housing to cover the blade opening. This creates much better suction from the vacuum and leaves a great deal less dust on your work surface. You can see dust coming out of the saw then getting sucked back up. (Also when I purchased this unit it was only $139.00, Look for the cheapest between the Scheppach, Shop Fox, or Grizzly, then make the mods to upgrade since they are the same saws.)
on March 21, 2014
I liked the saw in theory, but roughly 10 seconds into using it the power switch stopped working. I bought the saw to do some very delicate cuts, so I couldn't have my hands off of it to plug it in and unplug it for on/off operation. I had to send it back. A good concept, but poor quality execution.
on November 4, 2013
I purchased this saw with fingers crossed that I would get a good unit. So far it is great! I did replace the blade with an upgraded version that starts with an "O" (to save names). I did cut the lever spring by almost 1" and moved the 2 guide strips as far apart as possible. The guides required new double sided tape which can be found almost anywhere. Saw helped me trim my work bench top to length. Cut at full depth through white ash. No problems with power, though I tend to run any power tool slowly. No burn marks, no track sliding, and with the rubber splinter guard the show surface(which was upright on the cut) was clean with no tear out.

I have run the saw for 10 cuts so far and it is doing just fine. Cuts are 90 after adjusting the set screw. This is everything I have hoped to buy in a track saw for the price. Sure others might work better, but for what I need it for, this track saw works wonderfully.
on June 16, 2013
I bought this saw from Woot! for under $120! Yeah baby! It came with two (2) 25" tracks. I immediately came here to Amazon and bought the last two tracks the seller (Tool Engineer) had (may have more now). SORRY!

The tracks fit and held together fine and did not interrupt my cuts. This saw though is a re-badged saw that is sold by Grizzly Tool (under their name for $179-saw only or with accessories for $245) so their tracks should work fine with the Scheppach saw (which is for sale on Amazon for $185). Prices are as of this date.

Anyway, I used this saw to cut cabinet parts from sheets of cabinet grade plywood to their FINISHED size. Perfectly smooth cut, right on the money!

Also, note that the Festool blades are the same size as the standard blades on this saw (and there are other 6 1/4" x 20mm saw blades as well). So from my experience I have to give the owners of the expensive track saws my condolences!

I would recommend giving this saw a close look.

Good luck and good cutting!
on August 29, 2013
The first saw I received made good quality cuts, but only ran for a few minutes. When I called the company's tech support people they told me to return the saw to Amazon and order a replacement if I wanted another saw. Amazon credited me for the first saw and the replacement saw was here in a couple of days. So far, the second saw is running fine and I'm please with the performance. I need to use it more before I would recommend it to others.
on August 22, 2013
I dont know how many times I have to learn this lesson. I am always trying to find a deal and sometimes I do. This is not the case here....
I was so excited when I got this it was like I was 8 years old again and it was Christmas morning. I tore open the package like a wild badger getting into a cooler of meat. I was shocked to find such a quality looking tool. Plunge, tilt, depth options and a riving knife! JACKPOT!!! It slid so smooth on the track I couldn't wait to use it. I rushed to the garage with a smile from ear to ear bound and determined to cut something and cut it straight! I pushed all of my wood that was in the way off to the side like a fat kid trying to get to the last cupcake.
I threw my board across my table saw, something I told myself I would never do was to use my table saw as a bench. I quickly got the track set on it and fired up the saw, the first cut was so smooth and effortless. It was a cut that even Jesus himself would of been proud of. I was so excited to have such a great saw......
About a month later after getting a bunch of wood ready my next project is when the unthinkable happened. I just setup a piece of 3/4" rough cut poplar that was about 5' long. "This will be great to square up a side real fast" I said with a grin on my face. I noticed about half way through it seemed to be struggling a bit. I thought to myself that this was odd but it still powered through it like the little engine that could. I flipped the piece over and ran the other side of the board through my table saw... Success!!! Just like a professional. This is going to be a great day I thought.... I got my second piece of wood out and grabed the saw ready to make its 3ed cut.... Click. Click. Click. I was pulling the trigger but nothing was happening. I tried different outlets and still the same result. At that moment I felt as if I just got thunder punched by my best friend. My day and my project came to a sudden stop.

Long story short, after the 2ed cut and the saw was done. Now I get to see how the warranty works and like always I already threw away my box.... FML. I keep telling myself I just got a dud and the saw is probably a great saw but then I look at it and remember I can't even pronounce the name of the saw correctly....
55 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2014
tough to get an exact 90 degree cut because the tracks do not align perfect and the cut is a little rough. If building fine woodworking I would recommend a better brand, but for general cut use would recommend.