Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: Size 8-13 (Pack of 2)|Style Name: Men|Change

VINE VOICEon November 28, 2010
As a teacher, I stand all day long. It would be nice if I could wear good shoes with adequate support for the job, but I have to look professional, so dressy flats are the best I can get. On top of all of the standing, I am constantly bending over to help students or picking up crates of heavy papers.

When I injured my back recently, I was searching for something that would support my feet better, and I found these orthotics. On the first day, I could feel the difference. Usually, my mid-back was burning by noon, but when I wear these, I go home feeling great with no pain.

Although I don't think that these take the place of proper bending at the knees or chiropractic care, they are a miracle addition to proper back-treatment methods, and I would highly recommend them.
on October 13, 2012
About 3 years ago I was having back, knee, ankle, and foot pain so I went to see a podiatrist. He convinced me that the insoles that came with my shoes weren't providing enough support. In his opinion the best thing I could do was get a pair of custom insoles made. At the time I had insurance that would cover it so I did. They were hard plastic and molded to my feet. They fit well and did fix my pain problems. I switched them out every time I switched shoes for over 2 years. I was tired of that. I wanted insoles to put in each pair of shoes I owned so I bought a few pairs of these.

I was pretty scared that the pain was going to come back. I couldn't imagine that a $10 pair of insoles would ward off pain the way my $300 (before insurance) pair would, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I've been using these for about 6 months and haven't had any of my former pain return.

These don't provide the support of a molded prescription insole. In fact they aren't even as thick as some of the other off the shelf insoles I've tried, but they're better than the thin foam insoles that come in my shoes (mostly Adidas) and apparently they're enough for me. These do provide some (somewhat malleable) arch support and the heal cup does work to absorb shock when I'm on my feet all day.

The recommendation I can make here is two fold. First these insoles are far better than what comes in your standard sneakers and they can provide pain relief. Second, if you've been sold on high end insoles but never tried (or haven't tried in several years) the off the shelf insoles, do yourself a favor and find out whether you need to be spending that money. You may find that off the shelf insoles are all you need.

Final thoughts:
These are reasonable off the shelf insoles for a very reasonable price
They aren't prescription insoles
They aren't the $70 off the shelf insoles
But they're a quality product that are going to be perfect for a lot of people
on June 17, 2012
I've tried a couple of shoe inserts because I have to be standing most of the day. These are relatively thin inserts that provide a moderate amount of arch support and not much heel cushioning at all. I've had no change in my back pain with these although I have had better results with both the Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support Insoles & Gel Sport Insoles. These might work better for average use but if you have back pain from standing all day, this might not be the best solution.
on July 17, 2009
I "sprained" my lower back really bad about a month ago. I went to the dr. and got the usual round of muscle relaxers and pain pills which were helping a lot but every time I would have to do some yard work it would hurt again. I saw a commercial for these and thought I'd try them. I can't believe the difference it makes. Less than a week after the original injury I could mow my yard without any pain at all. I have tested it by doing things with and without them in my shoes and it is really working to emliminate the pain. I'm not an expert on back pain or remedies for it but these have really helped me.
on August 24, 2010
I live in New York City which means when you need to get to a place you have to walk or take a crowded train. This translate to that I have to walk quickly or stand in a crowded train. Constantly being on my feet resulted in constant back pain and at first I assumed it was my scoliosis. I thought it was something I just had to live with so I cringed my teeth and kept moving. A friend of mine suggested I try Dr. Scholl's and it has since changed my life.

I no longer have back pain. What I assumed was my bad back was actually my hard steps. The Dr. Scholl's cushion was a perfect layer between my foot and the ground to absorb all the pressure that would have gone to my lower back, where all the pain was located. All I had to do was cut the insole down to my foot size, put it into the shoe, and it has been heaven since.

Every shoe I purchase that I feel a hard step in, I just add these bad boys and voila! Pain free. This is one of the few times in life that I can say that this is honestly one of the best purchases I have ever made and has changed my life.
on July 8, 2009
I walk 6-8 miles per day with my little dog. Since I have extremely narrow heels, I have a terrible time finding shoes that fit.

The only ones I've found that fit me without slipping in the heel are Nike 'fashion' sneakers. The problem is that there is basically no support or cushioning in them and after a couple of miles, my feet and back would ache.

I discovered these insoles at Target and bought more here because the price is better & there's no sales tax.

I like the fact that they are 'cut to fit'. The orthotics that can't be cut don't extend all the way to the end of the shoe and I end up with blisters on the balls of my feet from them.

These last about 4 months if walking daily in them.
on May 26, 2012
I work as a scientist in the lab and spend pretty much the whole day on my feet, working loooong hours. Whenever summer time comes, I always cringe at the thought of wearing my flats all day - they make my feet and back so tired by the end of the day! I decided to give a try to these Dr Scholl's Soles and what a difference do they make! I feel like I am wearing my running shoes while wearing my flats. What a wonderful product. It is great that the order is for a pack of 2, because I placed these soles in two different pairs of flats that I wear most often. I will probably order more for my other shoes not to have to move them around. Additionally, I wear size 9.5, and the soles were long enough, and I even had to trim them down. The trimming part is a bit time-consuming if you want the soles to fit the shoes perfectly, but well worth the trouble for all the comfort they provide. I definitely recommend!
on May 29, 2012
These insoles are very comfortable and very supportive. I work as a teacher and am on my feet all day. They do a great job of absorbing shock and providing cushion and my back pain had partially diminished. The only problem with these insoles is that they are too thick to fit in any of my flats. The few days that I used these insoles in my flats my heels constantly slipped out the back of my shoes. Although these insoles are great at relieving back pain, they would only work well with sneakers (and sneakers that are 1/2 a size too big at that!)
on July 12, 2012
This is fine for light to moderate activity, but I recently started a retail job where I'm on my feet for several hours at a time and this doesn't really help. My ankles and back are still killing me by the end of my shift. I don't expect this to completely eliminate that pain, but it just doesn't seem to do much. It's a fairly thin insert, and there's really only some kind of gel-like support in the heel of it. No arch support or anything. If you need just a little more support for light activity, try it. Otherwise, you might need something a bit more robust. I recently have begun using a Powerstep insert and it works a bit better for me.
on October 22, 2011
I work as a bartender and a server so I am on my feet for long periods of time. I have a lot of lower back pain. After long shifts I would find myself coming home and being in so much pain I could cry. These inserts have really helped. I'm not pain free, but it's much better!!