Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: School Is A Nightmare #1: First Week, Worst Week
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 26, 2012
"School is a Nightmare #1" is the first in a digital series created by the author of the SWEET FARTS series, Ray Bean. My 9 year old daughter loved those books and while waiting for the next book in that series, decided to read "Nightmare" on my Kindle. She laughed out loud and really enjoyed following the main character through his nightmare of preparing for and actually going back to school. It is a quick read, fast paced and fun, with a few hilarious surprises. She is looking forward to the next one which, according to the teaser page is about the "Worst Field Trip ever". Hopefully that one comes out soon. I can only imagine what is in store for Justin. Mr. Bean has it right...he knows how to get kids reading.
on February 12, 2012
it's so true. i'm 13 and i bloody hate school like Justin. Raymond knows what he's writtin about. It's brilliant for kids between 9-13 cause they are the years you really hate school so they would understand what justin's goin through. PRUE CLASS Raymond
on January 27, 2012
This was a great story for boys or girls. My nine year old daughter and I read it together. It is a quick, easy read, we loved the characters. The two older sisters made us laugh.
Any child will relate and chuckle. We have already pre-ordered the next one. Keep the stories coming.
on May 1, 2013
This is a Middle-Grade book that many kids who would rather be anywhere than school can relate to. The problem with it is that there was never any resolution to Justin's, the main character, problem. This book is the first in a series, so maybe there is an overall climax to all of the stories, but just reviewing book #1 I can't give it a high praise. It is, however, a quick read as promised in the synopsis. Overall 2/5 stars.
on October 13, 2013
My 3rd grader flew through this book, and said he loved it. Must be an easy read, but I was unable to join in the reading so Im not sure. Bought it because he hates school work, and thought this book would bring some humor to his day. It did, reading on his kindle is the best start of his day. He's looking forward to #2.
on October 27, 2015
The reason I rated it 4 was because the book could've been more of a novel instead of a short story like it turned out to be. The book itself though was good. My advanced reader 8 year old liked reading it alone and with me. We laughed at the silly situations and enjoyed getting to know the characters.
on December 27, 2012
How to make school funny and scary at the same time.
As B.B. Bookman, the author of Read This Book If Your Pants Are On Fire: Stories From The Big, Fat Liars' Club I know a funny school story when I read one. This book is both funny and a bit scary at the same time, which is a difficult thing to achieve. Not only that, but Mr. Bean's author page is funny and friendly. He has inspired much of my own writing for children and I look forward to reading his up coming titles.
on December 29, 2013
It's really funny. I liked the part when Justin went clothes shopping and when he soup mixed his sister. I read almost all of the School Is A Nightmare books and this one is the best by far. My only complaint is that the books are too short but other than that I love them.
on May 19, 2013
This is a bad book! It encourages kids to sleep in and be lazy when it is time to get ready for school. I read it and all he talked about was I hate school and stuff. Maybe it was funny at some points but I just think it was inappropriate for kids
on May 3, 2013
Got this book for my 4th grade granddaughter. She has to read 20 minutes each evening as part of her homework. This is the first book that she wants to read on past her 20 minutes! We are no longer watching the clock. I think she sees herself in Justin.....she's not a big fan of school either. It's a cute and funny story and any book that will get a young reader to read more deserves 5+ stars!