Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass Iceberg Barware Collection Long Drink/Iced Beverage Cocktail Glass, Set of 6
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 11, 2011
These glasses are certainly big and look like something you might find in a nicer bar but if you expect them to be heavy . . . these may not be for you. These look like they should be heavy but are not. My 12 oz beer glasses are heavier (the type that come 4 in a box and found in every bar across America type). I disagree with the reviews that suggest these are too big to hold comfortably- they do feel substantial in your hand but not so much that I can not hold on to it- a child may have issues holding it but these weren't meant to be serving juice to kids.

Another point to note, they have a minimalist look to them- since they are double rocks glasses they are short and look "squaty" maybe even a little out of proportion. But if you consider these are 13.5 oz glasses that are just as tall as a regular low-ball glass they will require a larger diameter and thus be a little "squaty". The pictures do not do a great job revealing this to the consumer but to those that know what they are looking at this is no surprise. To a novice like me, it's different, but I do not know how you would make a 13.5 oz glass look any better while still being true to what a "double rocks" glass is suppose to be.

Rim and wall are thin- I compared these to my older (and cheaper) rocks glass and the zwiesel glasses are thinner. However, these are cyrstal and not pressed glass so expectations should be different. I've put these in the dishwasher without issue.

The 4 star rating is specifically due to the shortcomings in the weight - however, I am happy with the purchase and recommend them to somebody that liked this look- but if they specifically want a heavy glass and were not concerned about the actual amount/size of the glass (not really caring if they were double sized)- then I would not suggest these as a first choice there maybe others out there that fit that bill better.

**Extended use Update***
I've had those glasses of over a year and lost two to the dishwasher - I suspect due to the thin glass. While I still like them I have to take off another star due to their frailty. We have the cheaper cut crystal glasses that you can get at and better department store that come from somewhere in Europe - not overly expensive probably $4 a glass and a lot smaller than these and they have held up for 13 years and counting with hundreds of washings in the dishwasher and by hand. While they are an old pattern and not as cool as these- they have certainly paid for themselves in terms of cost per use. I wouldn't buy these Schott Zweisel again and the ones I have left I'll have to hand wash to preserve their life. I would no longer recommend them and the two stars are because they say they are dishwasher safe (hard to agree with because of the thinner glass). Common sense really says wash by hand and you'll be ok but when compared to the ones if had at better bars, these fall short in weight and durability and when compared to my old cut style cheaper crystal that have taken a beating for 13+years these also fall short. Therefore, now it's only 2 stars.
on January 19, 2012
Purchased a set of these after enjoying more than a few cocktails in the same glasses at Nopa in San Francisco. As far as I'm concerned, they're the perfect size for a bourbon & ginger, or a gin & tonic at the end of a long day. Nice heft and a good clean design. I've owned Schott Zwiesel glassware for roughly 10 years now, and all of it still looks new. I've thrown them in the dishwasher, and been rather rough with them, but still they look like they've just come from the factory every time I pour a drink. A true quality product.
on December 16, 2014
After a wash in the dishwasher, water and dishwashing detergent granules have collected at the base of this glass when it is inverted because the bottom is not flat, it is concave. They need to be wiped out before getting put away. Or if they dry before you get a chance to do this, you get a cloudy film at the base. This is annoying. I have never needed to do this sort of task with my other glasses. Other than that, they are very pretty and good quality for the price.
on July 19, 2011
Perfect size, weight, and clarity. This is a beautiful piece of glassware. The walls are thin and elegant. It will take a good amount of abuse too. Dishwashing is no problem. Great for a whiskey or filled up with a gin & tonic. A perfect glass.
on March 29, 2013
I've been looking for glasses like this for some time and couldn't find quite the right thing. These are really wonderful. First, the crystal itself has incredible clarity, almost like a pure ice or something. It seems very strong, yet is rather on the thin side, which makes them very elegant. They are impressively hefty in weight and quite oversized in the hand. The pictures and description on the website don't do these glasses justice. For the price, they are an excellent bargain and I'm going to see what else this manufacturer offers.

One other point that may be important to some people: The sides are pefectly straight (perpendicular) and don't slope at all like some double old-fashioned glasses (or at least mine). When I first opened the box and realized this, I thought that I might not like them. But it actually makes them all the more modern and elegant.
on January 22, 2014
Bought these for my husband for the holidays and haven't been disappointed! They are perfect for the huge ice cubes that go so well with whiskey. Specifically, they fit the http://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Sphere-Ice-Molds-Set/dp/B007ACTN54/ref=pd_sim_k_1 that seem a little too large for regular highball glasses. We've also washed these in the dishwasher and haven't had any issues. They do look a lot heavier than they feel in hand, but a great value for the price.
on September 21, 2012
I ordered my glasses and they arrived in perfect condition. They are lighweight and have a heavy based bottom. Perfect when you want something to drink but not too much. Not kid friendly....Go to the dollar store or walmart and let them use the plastic cups.
on May 1, 2015
These are my second favorite bar glasses. The Schott Zwiesel collins glasses hold the number one spot. These have a really nice weight to them, hold a good volume of liquid and add a little class to your drinking. Users should take a little caution when placing in the dishwasher as I bought my son a set and he lost one. I hand wash mine to be safe, but I have put them through the dishwasher with not issues.
on February 20, 2015
All of our stemware is Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal, so when I saw these, I immediately ordered a set. I'm very pleased. They look fantastic, have heft to them (due to the thick base), and are extremely thin-walled. And despite that last fact they are very sturdy. I can't put any of my crystal old fashioned glasses in the dishwasher, but I don't think twice about throwing these in there for a cycle.
on August 15, 2015
The quality seems good (I liked the very thin lip on the glass), but at 13.5 oz, these glasses are just too large. I was hoping they'd be OK, but I had to return them because they looked just laughably big. I ended up getting an 11-oz version from Bed Bath and Beyond. The glass isn't as finely made, but the 11-oz size feels so much better in hand.